• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

WTF was DICE thinking with all that shit on the screen?

It was nice in idea, but they went overboard. It's supposed to be what it looks like when you wear goggles, with the sweat, dirt, and grime that builds up on them and such, but they went a bit insane when mixed with all the light shining in your face constantly. Effect is similar to reality when wearing goggles, just playing paintball in the jungle/woods or airsoft and you get similar effect, but for a video game it's not a great idea. Would have looked much better if it had been toned down and more subtle.

x3sphere

Sorry for the UI clutter haven't figured out how to turn it off yet...

2610842d804b872d28d4c7d3ca8c0bf803009847.jpg

64f0b25c59fe30b4de4f729597b4444d6c58b8c5.jpg

RE4 Wii Edition has the most content of any version, and you can also mod in textures using an older version of Dolphin, so it's the best of both worlds, but it's buggy and crashes at times, so save/save state like crazy just to be safe, and there's also a part where you have to do something special.

It's in the big castle room with the fountains where you have to have Ashley stand on a pressure plate and Leon stand on another in order to get a crank to appear in the main room. You have to slowly back Ashley onto the plate by herself because if Leon touches it at the same time, the game freezes.

It's not a huge deal, though, and worth it for the lighting IMO.
I can run the game perfectly with HLE but I get some weird sound effects sometimes, LLE makes the game run too slow with lots of enemies on screen. I also don't think there is a way to stop the background music from cutting out. The game looks much nicer than the PC version though.

scitek

I can run the game perfectly with HLE but I get some weird sound effects sometimes, LLE makes the game run too slow with lots of enemies on screen. I also don't think there is a way to stop the background music from cutting out. The game looks much nicer than the PC version though.

Yeah I forgot about the sound issues. Those suck.

Edit: man why couldn't Capcom have gotten their heads outta their asses and ported RE4HD to Steam? We'd have the ultimate version by now.

USIGSJ

Sorry for the UI clutter haven't figured out how to turn it off yet...

Ctrl+Z, but you can also assign it a custom key. Downside is that it leaves a watermark.
Now when I think of it, I guess you could remove that as well by taking one pic with hud on and then second one with hud off, then just replacing that part of the pic in photoshop; only camera angle needs to be static for those shots.

Nice thing about this game is that the use of effects like vingette is really subtle here, I wish other games would do the same.

TERA 1/3

6a942a838bae3eb6a597bb60c5b1c0ca36cfe2bf.jpg

c77179bfb9b033a1b4159fa08b1a8b1ab2a4767c.jpg

USIGSJ

Thanks.

Personally I'm not too much of a MMO fan, but when I first saw some shots of the game I really had to try this out. Also, combat was very fun.
Coming from single player RPGs I'm a bit spoiled with stuff where you often have choice in the story I find it harder to get pulled in by it in MMO especially when you add quests like "kill 10 xx and fetch 5 yy". Personally I skipped a ton of text and finished intro zone so I could just explore the environments.
But visual design can really be gorgeous and melee combat is fun, I guess when it comes to swordplay and world zone design I think something most similar would be Kingdoms of Amalur.

Lime

I would have loved to play TERA as a single player RPG. It looks so incredibly amazing. Keep the shots coming USIGSJ (or anyone else for that matter)

USIGSJ

For me it was the visuals and combat. You could find partying in coop with friends also fun. Haven't made it that far, but I've read that high level boss fights can be quite challenging so you need a good synchronization with your team. Other than than I guess rest is pretty much standard MMO stuff you see.
But again, I'm really not a MMO fan and tons of things in start draw me back from playing them so take my opinion with a grain of salt. If you also prefer single player RPGs, the excitement would probably last as long there are new game environments to explore.
I think single player RPG players should be fine with visuals and combat, rest pretty much depends on their personal preference toward MMO games so it's hard to judge there.

EDIT: Here are 2 more.

c8c41143bca3d04bbc9f8349b972f2c179d35214.jpg

353e989f20e33ba598222729817ae4402619965a.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tried to play some Crysis 2 for some visual bliss. Reminded of bad input lag. Holy shit, the lag. The lag

Corky, or anyone, what custom loaders do you guys use to remove stuff like the film grain and what have you? And is there any way to improve the input lag? Because holy fucking shit this game is nigh unplayable now that I'm noticing it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like my fleshy baby man.

12rijvu.jpg

Sethos

Banned
Minmatar or Amarr, thank me later :)

I know this is a bit of a roleplay-ish concern but I just hate both faction's backstory, the Minmatar just look like annoying punks and Amarr seems to be very religion based. I do however love the Amarr ship designs. Caldari seems appealing but their ship designs are awful. Obviously I can cross train but that just requires more training in everything else to specialize for their ship strengths, so I'd obviously want to stick to my own faction's ship.

I'm torn :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think EVE looks stunning, but i think i would spontaneously ejaculate if Relic made Homeworld 3 and it looked that good

Sethos

Banned
EVE does look stunning, it's a shame the game is such a niche MMO these days that nobody really gets to experience it.

Anyway, two shots from a recent Wargame: European Escalation 1v1 with a friend.

Mq4l9.png

6OCo0.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Tried to play some Crysis 2 for some visual bliss. Reminded of bad input lag. Holy shit, the lag. The lag

Corky, or anyone, what custom loaders do you guys use to remove stuff like the film grain and what have you? And is there any way to improve the input lag? Because holy fucking shit this game is nigh unplayable now that I'm noticing it.

Hey man, I'm using maldo hd 3.0 together with quality mod 1.7 for maldo hd.
Maldo hd has a config that lets you config a bunch of stuff two of them being able to use somekind of FXAA (?) that's crisper than the original solution and a checkbox for removing filmgrain. On the subject of input lag, I couldn't tell ya to be honest I think it's pretty snappy for me, sure it's no CoD but input lag hasn't showed itself for me. If it has it has been mild enough for me to not notice.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Crysis 2

crysis22012-02-1220-31sjwg.png

crysis22012-02-1220-3e5j33.png

Real-time self reflection from those light sources on the enemy. Yes.

Swag

For all you guys running Skyrim ENB, is it killing your frame rate? I tried running ENB for lots of games and it just killed performance for me.

x3sphere

For all you guys running Skyrim ENB, is it killing your frame rate? I tried running ENB for lots of games and it just killed performance for me.

30fps locked here at 2560x1600 (more like 40 with VSync off), without ENB a locked 60, so yeah a pretty big performance hit. SSAO is the biggest performance hog.

Swag

30fps locked here at 2560x1600 (more like 40 with VSync off), without ENB a locked 60, so yeah a pretty big performance hit. SSAO is the biggest performance hog.
Hmm maybe I just messed something up, what are your specs if you don't mind.

Top Bottom