• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabyskra

Banned
While watching the Clips Pistons game on Sunday, the douchey color guy was pining on about how Chauncey was a true Clipper; I laughed but then realized that Chauncey had a nasty season ending injury and thought maybe he had a point.

God, just reading about those commentators makes me mad, they're such incompetent homers

Still better than Clippers fans who are whining about this season. You'd think being over .500 would be good enough for a franchise that's only finished above .500 in a season 6 times in 41 years.

A lot of the current Clip fans are bandwaggoners who believe they can win a championship.

God, just reading about those commentators makes me mad, they're such incompetent homers

Always hated them. They are so one sided and they don't even try to hide it.

Dave Long

Banned
Asik did that same thing in the Sixers game, then they fouled the fuck out of him IIRC. Brand is going to lay his sorry ass out next time is my guess.

I'll go with Nash. I feel like his impact offensively is being understated and his defensive shortcomings overstated.

Nash ain't never doing this;

gary-payton-nba.jpg

Yeah definitely seems like that is the case. Helps explain garbage like this as well.

Faux City is so bad. Frobe Swag will help, but not much. Bust Griffin has totally regressed (sophomore slump), CP3 has no knees, **** is what he is, DJ is a waste of space, Bustloler is old, and don't get me started on Vinny Del Mehgro.

Ugh. 1st round exit, BG will get a max contract and won't live up to his hype, and VDN will be extended for 5 more years (for taking the team to the playoffs for the first time in like 6 years). We don't even have a first-round draft pick this year, so I can't even look forward to the lotto.

At least baseball is right around the corner.

Reality finally hits. All that "taking over L.A." or "Why not the Clips? It's still L.A.!" shit some people were spewing in here back earlier this year just seems funnier now.

And Nash > Payton? Please. GP was the superior player.

And we are already paying for the lineup, only MWP in place of Marion for basically the same cash.

Like I said, Lakers can improve this offseason with the right move. Heat can't offer anyone more than $3 mil and then the rest vet min every year for the next 4. And UD, Miller, Battier have all regressed a lot already. Will only get worse.

I don't get how people forget we will have an extra $200M from the TV contract every year. It's basically a fuckton of extra money, we are already profitable.

Even with the new luxury tax, I'm really not worried about our ability to contend. Sign the right players is more of a concern because there aren't many up and coming superstars that are obtainable. Rose/Durant are locked up. Deron isn't, and I love to see him in a Lakers uni.

You have Clyde, ergo any opinion you have on commentators is irrelevant. He's so bad.

Also, darkside, if you don't recognize hyperbole, I don't know what to say, you two-team sports fan.

Also, way to generalize, Prototype. Find me one Clipper fan here who's talked about championship aspirations.

Same for you, Boombloxer. Sessions isn't saving the Lakers.

The Los Angeles Lakers didn't land Dwight Howard, but that doesn't mean they won't have an All-Star center next season.

General manager Mitch Kupchak reportedly said that the team will pick up Andrew Bynum's option for next season.

"He's the starting center on the West All-Star team. Why wouldn't we do everything we could to keep him here?" Kupchak said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "We're ecstatic to have him on the team."

The Lakers must exercise the center's $16.1 million option by June 30. Bynum will then be a free agent after the 2012-13 season, at the same time Howard is set to become a free agent after deciding not to opt out of his contract this summer.

Bynum's name has been linked to Howard's since the Magic center said that he would like to play for the Lakers. The only real trade that made sense involved Bynum.

But all the talk hasn't seemed to affect the 24-year-old Bynum. He's averaging career bests of 18.1 points and 12.9 rebounds per game and made his first All-Star team. He was named Western Conference Player of the Week after averaging 27.5 points, 14.8 rebounds and shooting 66.5 percent from the field.

Bynum has also played in 41 of 45 Lakers games after struggling to stay on the court due to injuries in recent years.

Reality finally hits. All that "taking over L.A." or "Why not the Clips? It's still L.A.!" shit some people were spewing in here back earlier this year just seems funnier now.

That was annoying during off season. They hadn't proved anything and they were already clamoring championships.

And being an Asian in LA was ridiculous. FB was blowing up with Linsanity everywhere. Even non basketball fans.

Bandwaggoners make me mad. Not only because they casually decide that they are a fan of the team because they're so good, but because they also ruin it for the true fans.

Also, way to generalize, Prototype. Find me one Clipper fan here who's talked about championship aspirations.

Same for you, Boombloxer. Sessions isn't saving the Lakers.

I have no illusions about that, though.

Y'all are still the Clippers. A record over .500 is a giant milestone. Baby steps.

I am so confused. This is what it must feel like to have a girl at your who wants to have the kinkiest sex possible who just happens to be at risk for a heart attack during sex.

Honestly, all I saw was

Bynum will then be a free agent after the 2012-13 season, at the same time Howard is set to become a free agent after deciding not to opt out of his contract this summer.

About the pic above, I'm sure Dirk went home and looked his ring to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom