• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website is actually alright, the people on the forum though....

dallasbasketball.com is the site though.

Do you post on the forum? I do, but it's a pain to read what some of those people say.

I must say though, Brandy is quite infamous on that forum, shit is hilarious.

JoeFu

Banned
Do you post on the forum? I do, but it's a pain to read what some of those people say.

I must say though, Brandy is quite infamous on that forum, shit is hilarious.

I used to post a long time ago. Don't post anymore though. And yeah love the reactions that Brandy gets there.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The rumor is that Jackson is down but Knicks management doesn't want to hire another old coach after Brown and Wilkens.
They have some star power... But PJ won't coach anything not close to a champion IMO..

Blackace

How is it a pipe dream? I can see him wanting to coach there. Especially for that 12 mil that Dolan would pay him.
Why not? High profile coaches have been padding their retirement there for years...
Why the hell would Phil want to coach Knicks? lol.....

They got all that talent
well they have a bit of talent, but their books are a mess so they couldn't get the players he would need....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PG: Corpse and The Ghost of Lin
SG: 6'5 Kemba and Drizzy
SF: Carmelo "Worse than McGrady" Anthony
PF: Glasshole, Novakain't
C: The only thing worth trading for.

DO IT PHIL

Blackace

PG: Corpse and The Ghost of Lin
SG: 6'5 Kemba and Drizzy
SF: Carmelo "Worse than McGrady" Anthony
PF: Glasshole, Novakain't
C: The only thing worth trading for.

DO IT PHIL

10,000,000 a year?

Blackace

10,000,000 a year to run the Knicks back into the ground and the FO already set itself up as the perfect scapegoat?

Why not?
He could rob the Knicks and with luck he could rob the cats and buy a small island

Gabyskra

Banned
iXTdX.jpg

diehard

Fleer
Jazz fan checking in!

Curious to see what they do this off-season.

Favors has got to start, i think he could be an all-star. Just as long as defense isn't overlooked too much.

Jazz fan checking in!

Curious to see what they do this off-season.

Favors has got to start, i think he could be an all-star. Just as long as defense isn't overlooked too much.
Agreed. I think one of the other bigs have to go. Wish Millsap would be cool with being a 6th man.

Tell me about Terrence Ross, Marq Teague and/or Moe Harkless

I'm not really a fan of Teague. He can do good things and beat his man off the dribble for a nice midrange shot or a layup which he can finish, but he seems to melt down too much and start making bad decisions and I think he benefited a lot from all the defensive attention that Davis and Lamb and Jones and Miller drew. He is a pretty good athlete and he improved a lot over the season (specifically, learning how to get out of the way of the great players...), I guess he could be an OK PG in a couple years.

St. Johns was pretty bad this year and I didn't think any of their players would declare so I didn't see Harkless play that much.

Agreed. I think one of the other bigs have to go. Wish Millsap would be cool with being a 6th man.

Millsap being a 6th man wouldn't solve the minutes or money issue. Favors, Millsap, and Al are all 32-36 minute players who should play in the frontcourt and that can't happen with also having Kanter who probably needs around 20-24 MPG next year. Can't focus so much of a team's money and value in one part of a team either or else you'll end up starting Josh Howard in three playoff games...

tc farks

MJ said he wants Shaw

OH GLORIOUS DAY

The Pacers losing Brian Shaw is going to hurt. What a coup on that 1 year rental though. The guy is a great coach, with an acute eye on the defensive end, and should easily be a HC in the league. The Bobcats would be making a great move.

Of course, from Shaw's perspective. Almost being the HC of the Lakers, to being an assistant coach of the amazingly awesome Pacers, to coaching the Bobcats might not seem super enticing. And he doesn't have to jump into the HC ranks, the offers will come. But supposedly he's interested...

Per Sam Amick on twitter:

In case I confused anyone, I'm told Brian Shaw is definitely interested in the job in Charlotte but the playoffs are the priority right now.

DY_nasty

Orlando is a sinking ship. Dwight is most likely gone and the talent around him is just... shameful.

I think Malone would be the best fit for GS though. I could see Shaw taking the Milwaukee job if Skiles gets fired too.

tc farks

Orlando is a sinking ship. Dwight is most likely gone and the talent around him is just... shameful.

I think Malone would be the best fit for GS though. I could see Shaw taking the Milwaukee job if Skiles gets fired too.

I was talking relative to the Bobcats. And my main point being he can wait for better situations, but he might just really be itching to be the HC finally. I'd put my money on Skiles returning.

And just like that the Cats inch closer to drafting Harrison Bernes

charsace

Tell me about Terrence Ross, Marq Teague and/or Moe Harkless

Orlando has no chance at Ross. Ross will go lotto when workouts are over.

And why are people surprised Phil would coach the knicks? He played here and won a title and he still has ties to the organization.

DY_nasty

Teague has no idea how to be a point guard either. I'd just picket the stadium until Ish gets freed.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Brave Old World?

Doesn't sound quite right.

And Rodeo, I agree that the thought of Taylor's successor moving the team is a little crazy. Half the people over at CH are already convinced the team is gone....lol

I would say to those people that the sky is not falling, the Timberwolves are not leaving you. The lease runs 13 more years and Target Center is on the verge of getting renovated because they attached it to the Vikings stadium.

Plus, where would they go? What city has their ducks totally in a row, with an owner, arena, everything? Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom