• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

GHG

Gold Member
Your Crysis 3 looks a LOT darker than mine for some reason ^^

Good or bad thing?

May be the brightness setting? Anyway, a couple more:

crysis32013-03-2415-2k4xlj.png

crysis32013-03-2316-2xxyhf.png

GHG

Gold Member
Eh the sun is behind the building.

I just loaded the game up and went back to that scene to make sure I wasn't going mad or something. In that shot I'm crouching down next to Psycho, hence the sun is out of vision and the vast majority of that shot is kept in the shadow because of the building. Most of the shots I've posted seem to be in the shadowed/inside areas of the game out of the sun. The game looks better in those scenes IMO.

Here's one a bit more out in the open:

crysis32013-03-2314-334ln9.png

I do have my gamma up and colors tweaked in SweetFX just to alleviate teh fact that my screens were coming out darker than I thought they were in-game. Probably just my preference then, but a lot of those shots still seem dark to me. Here's a few of my own I never bothered to upload. The pseudo depth of field (weapon zoom) was just because I was getting bored with traditional Crysis 3 shots :)

8587001951_bc2df5a2bf_o.png

8587002429_0b7134f32c_o.png

Oh balls. After installing SweetFX 1.4, I didn't disable vibrance. They ARE a bit colorful. Didn't even occur to me.

Also...

8587044861_00cac91d51_o.png

HEEEEEEY GIIIIIIIZE

Oh, and the DoF trick is to bind a key to "r_drawnearfov 2" to hide the weapon when zoomed in (with Maldo's OnTheFly). I also have keys bound to cl_fov 30, cl_fov 40... up to cl_fov 80 which is the max I think. Then use the bow, zoom in, max out FOV, hide weapon, and take screenshots. It's actually a radial blur, which is why I say "pseudo DoF."

GHG

Gold Member
Oh, and the DoF trick is to bind a key to "r_drawnearfov 2" to hide the weapon when zoomed in (with Maldo's OnTheFly). I also have keys bound to cl_fov 30, cl_fov 40... up to cl_fov 80 which is the max I think. Then use the bow, zoom in, max out FOV, hide weapon, and take screenshots. It's actually a radial blur, which is why I say "pseudo DoF."

Cool. Cheers for the info. I've already got r_drawnearfov 2 bound which hides the weapon when not zooming, so I guess what I'm missing is the cl_fov 80 being bound to hide the waepon whilst zooming as well? Will give it a go later the week and play around with it.

It's a bokeh blur, but with a radial mask. Radial blur is more like motion blur in effect.

I have bokeh disabled with OnTheFly because it doesn't appear when you zoom in with a weapon. Bokeh only works if you enable it, then bring up the weapon customization menu.

Example of Bokeh Depth of Field:
8564566045_21f270ea54_o.png

Normal "Depth of field"
8588107962_665fbd84ce_o.png

Crysis 3 has 2 DoF options. Normal, and Bokeh (higher quality).
Normal: q_shaderPostProcess = 2
Bokeh: q_shaderPostProcess = 3

antitrop

wtf neoenigma and antitrop? That looks horrible:p
Please wait for the HD textures.

You better get used to it, because that's it.

And I don't know why you say it looks horrible, this game is fucking stunning. It may not screenshot well, but it's fucking jaw-dropping in motion. The attention to detail is on another level and the art design is amongst the best the industry has ever seen.

Need to figure out the HUD situation in Bioshock Infinite before I care about screenshots... but here's one for now :p

8590113876_1c1e64d855_o.png

I wonder about game devs some time.

Making parallax maps is not that much harder than making normal maps for a PC release.

Curious why most games do not use it (not because of the artifcating...)

Top Bottom