• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

MrBig

bioshockinfinite-2013m9u3l.jpg

bioshockinfinite-2013p4uft.jpg

Downsampled from 1440p. Ultra. Did a quick content aware fill to get rid of the hud. Fantastic art so far

Nice Bioshock Infinite shots everyone! I really wish there was a way to disable the hud though. Also some peoples shots look a little washed out to me. It might help to calibrate the brightness in game.

Probably just the art style... and people taking screenshots whilst staring into sun rays :p

I have attempted to alleviate that a bit in my own game with SweetFX though.

I am soon to do a bit of SweetFX tweaking as well. There is hefty color grading that often strays from real black. What an absolutely beautiful game though.

Darkdeus

Probably just the art style... and people taking screenshots whilst staring into sun rays :p

I have attempted to alleviate that a bit in my own game with SweetFX though.

Yea your's look great as always. There was a just a few shots from other people that looked a little extra bright. Everyone's shots on this page look good to me in terms of brightness tho.

ref

Absoultely gorgeous shots of BioShock: Infinite all. You officially sold me this game. I've played the others, but for some reason wasn't interested up until now. What a gorgeous looking game.

Time to stay away from here for a while though, don't want to know what everything looks like before I play it.

Wanny

Absoultely gorgeous shots of BioShock: Infinite all. You officially sold me this game. I've played the others, but for some reason wasn't interested up until now. What a gorgeous looking game.

I'm still not sold so keep trying guys :p There has to be a better deal than free extra games on GMG. I just hate paying for 60$.

This is probably my favorite shot in a while. I said DAMN.

Thanks, sir :) I had to no-clip over the crowd in order to get a shot of him in that position. I liked it too. Tryin to keep my shots a little unique if possible, but in a linear game like this, there are only so many scenes to capture. I take so many and upload so few.

8591513903_f9b1d093db_o.png

legacyzero

Banned
Infinite is just one of those games that simply doesn't need SweetFX. It doesn't "ruin" it by any means, but it certainly doesn't do any more to further improve it.

Meh it's a bit contrasty but it's not a crime... You IQ police. ;)

Nothing to do with image quality and more to do with how adding TONS OF BLACK just... kills the game's look to me.
*shrug*
Like... I don't know why you'd wanna do that. This game just looks great out of the box.

Spazznid

I'd just like to say, that after having just beat Bioshock Infinite, that everything in this thread pales in comparison to the end and the story in general. I have so many screenshots that I want to share, but I won't because it was easily the most amazing experience If had in gaming in years, and I'd hate to deny that from someone else.

ikJgKdMnePvQO.PNG

ibs9ua5IV8lf0d.png

Never in my life have I ever felt as speachless as I did after witnessing the end. (A couple games came close, like Journey, SoTC, etc).

Also, don't quit until after the credits. :D

neoism

I'm using SMAA and a tiny bit of Lumasharpen. I wouldn't even think about touching the color vibrancy or the tone mapping.

tone mapping doesn't work I dun think I tried and it looked way to white... I have a little more saturation on and it makes the colors pop a little more. My eyes enjoy more color so win win for me...

I don't know what's more astonishing, looking at these screenshots on my iPad (retina) or playing this game at 120fps. I think without a doubt this is the most beautiful game ever made.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well since nobody seems to have posted screens of this unknown little game yet, I'd thought I'd throw some up.

ibjnZLZ8neCPjW.png

ibuMLgn8QI6gGs.png

How to destroy a game's art style. Do this to it:

Didn't think you were one for mocking other's work, man. As devil's advocate, one could suggest a consistent 2.35:1 ratio might also be a bit contrary to a game's art style. I don't think one way or the other for either, I'm just saying. Plus stein3x makes things dark sometimes, but he knows his way around a screenshot quite well.

I don't like nitpicking, but the shadows look "off" under that sign on the right hand side of this image.

Indeed they do. Didn't notice while framing.

I'd like to say that my recent forray into 3d modeling/animating has really blown my mind open (a common occurrence I'd imagine) about what video games achieve. This game was crafted with such care and unique beauty, it's well and truly art. What a treat.

Didn't think you were one for mocking other's work, man. As devil's advocate, one could suggest a consistent 2.35:1 ratio might also be a bit contrary to a game's art style. I don't think one way or the other for either, I'm just saying. Plus stein3x makes things dark sometimes, but he knows his way around a screenshot quite well.

I've seen awesome shots from stein, yeah. I've been working on keeping my opinions on over SweetFXing a game to myself... but sometimes it's hard. People overdo it so much sometimes....

Also, I'm playing with this aspect ratio (for which there are monitors out there), and I've noticed the game adapts to your aspect ratio brilliantly. So I don't think it's hurting it at all. ^^ I don't think its any different than multiple monitor gaming, which is even wider.

I've seen awesome shots from stein, yeah. I've been working on keeping my opinions on over SweetFXing a game to myself... but sometimes it's hard. People overdo it so much sometimes....

Also, I'm playing with this aspect ratio (for which there are monitors out there), and I've noticed the game adapts to your aspect ratio brilliantly. So I don't think it's hurting it at all. ^^ I don't think its any different than multiple monitor gaming, which is even wider.

Yeah I do agree, I like 2.35:1 very much. I was just getting at the sentiment.

SweetFX is an interesting beast.

I keep missing opportunities for screens cause I'm too busy playing :p.

Well, not sure if spoiler: But its a cool cap from a cutscene.

And then this was cool:
bioshockinfinite2013-6hch7.png

Top Bottom