• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

tauke

First time trying out downsampling after getting a GTX780. Previously my old 9800GT 512MB can only goes up to 2048x1152 before blanking out.

sleeping_dogs_011saf7.jpg

sleeping_dogs_02wabuv.jpg

Also odd question here, I still notice some aliasing crawling even at 1800p but I believe it is due to the scaling on the GPU? After resizing the screenshot in Photoshop, there is hardly any aliasing in it. My monitor is a cheap Dell 24" 1080p display.

First time trying out downsampling after getting a GTX780. Previously my old 9800GT 512MB can only goes up to 2048x1152 before blanking out.

Also odd question here, I still notice some aliasing crawling even at 1800p but I believe it is due to the scaling on the GPU? After resizing the screenshot in Photoshop, there is hardly any aliasing in it. My monitor is a cheap Dell 24" 1080p display.

Some photo resampling algorithms are a bit better than GPU scaling in-game. I forget what that uses, but obviously it has to be fast in order to not hit performance too hard.

When playing Sleeping Dogs, I had to run the game in 4K with SSAA (in-game extreme AA setting) before I was happy with the aliasing. Looks pretty decent though. Too bad it can't fix the cardboard texture quality.

8658301113_c5648e84fa_o.png

8664119072_07171e2af8_o.png

Fancy a complete Battlefield Bad Company 2 HUD remover?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9739867/BFBC2_nohud.rar

Drop that in the installation folder. Force DX9 in the settings file (DxVersion). Toggle HUD on\off with the "Y" key.

IF you fancy SweetFX:
1. rename SweetFX's "d3d9.dll" file to "sweetfx.dll"
2. remove "//" from in front of
Code:
//ProxyLib = sweetfx.dll
in "DX9Settings.ini"

I'll add that to the compendium at some point tonight

I'm working on a cheat engine no-clip now.

One3rd

9333480084_6f759dba4e_o.jpg

Lair

9333481134_27c770ef4a_o.jpg

When I first saw this room I started to plan how to get up to the top using chains and rope arrows, then saw the shadows creeping down the walls and promptly ran out of the room.

Fancy a complete Battlefield Bad Company 2 HUD remover?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9739867/BFBC2_nohud.rar

Drop that in the installation folder. Force DX9 in the settings file (DxVersion). Toggle HUD on\off with the "Y" key.

IF you fancy SweetFX:
1. rename SweetFX's "d3d9.dll" file to "sweetfx.dll"
2. remove "//" from in front of
Code:
//ProxyLib = sweetfx.dll
in "DX9Settings.ini"

I'll add that to the compendium at some point tonight

I'm working on a cheat engine no-clip now.

Nice work! I don't suppose you could try doing it for Red Faction Guerilla? That game has no way to remove HUD either. Would try myself but I don't have the l33t h4x0r skills required :p

Nice work! I don't suppose you could try doing it for Red Faction Guerilla? That game has no way to remove HUD either. Would try myself but I don't have the l33t h4x0r skills required :p

Yeeaaah no idea. In theory I should be able to apply this logic to other games. Depends on how the HUD is layered and how complex the shaders are that implement it. BC2 had 5 HUD layers to remove and were relatively simple.

Might try it for a couple other games I actually own first ;)

One3rd

That axe is superb!

I counter your [excellent] mage fire shot with one of my own from an older game.

Some of the first person character model and idle effects that were implemented in Dark Messiah were really good. The fireball spell idle animation was a ball of molten fire between Sareth's hands that he would continuously caress with his fingers dancing over the top...
9332185123_d19b39e572_o.jpg

...until release!
9332183685_5f94d17c07_o.jpg

Does Dark Messiah even work properly anymore? I keep trying to play it, but every time I get to a point where performance just steadily decreases to the point of unplayable. I beat and enjoyed the game at launch, but I've never been able to get the game to run properly since then. And since the game came out there's been multicore CPUs, x64, Windows Vista/7/8, a cacophony of new GPUs and drivers, I have no idea what the issue is. Which is really disappointed because I thought that game was excellent, minus the part where kicking everything was the best strategy.

kanuuna

I've never seen ground flora like that before, what mod is that?

9338718448_1db92bce9d_o.jpg

Dat Grass, it's the only mod I'm using for flora. I also did some slight tweaking on the grass texture on that mod to suit my personal tastes, so if anyone wants that, I'll upload it. I don't have any comparison shots, but it's a little less saturated and as such blends in better with the vanilla foliage and trees.

midhras

Quite good, yeah!

For anyone wanting to know what I use for Fallout 3, it's my own ENB mod. The main release is hugely outdated by my WIP builds that I link to. I keep those in a Google Drive for anyone to pick and choose from. They're called works in progress for a reason, though. I've put a couple links to mod lists on the main page of my mod as well. The ENB does the brunt of the work though, the rest is of course higher resolution textures.

Quite good, yeah!

For anyone wanting to know what I use for Fallout 3, it's my own ENB mod. The main release is hugely outdated by my WIP builds that I link to. I keep those in a Google Drive for anyone to pick and choose from. They're called works in progress for a reason, though. I've put a couple links to mod lists on the main page of my mod as well. The ENB does the brunt of the work though, the rest is of course higher resolution textures.

Where is that google link for the WIP builds?

midhras

Top of my release page, and the first stickied comment.

And here. Again, I feel I have to say, you're pretty much on your own with these. Some work admirably in some locations, others are a bit experimental, some fail hard but are there for reference purposes because something in them struck my fancy.

Appropriate binaries included.

One3rd

Does Dark Messiah even work properly anymore? I keep trying to play it, but every time I get to a point where performance just steadily decreases to the point of unplayable. I beat and enjoyed the game at launch, but I've never been able to get the game to run properly since then. And since the game came out there's been multicore CPUs, x64, Windows Vista/7/8, a cacophony of new GPUs and drivers, I have no idea what the issue is. Which is really disappointed because I thought that game was excellent, minus the part where kicking everything was the best strategy.
Definitely a great game. It seems to be working properly for me so far, no performance problems and I'm running it at 3200x1800 with forced AO and 4xSGSSAA on an old 560Ti - still get around 50-60FPS most of the time dipping down to 30 in some low light areas. I had problems getting the game to even start initially but this was resolved by opting into the Steam Client Beta that noted a fix for this. Looking at the Steam threads though, a lot of people are still having this problem, I guess I was lucky.

[Edit: Oops, first post and there's no image. Here's one of those low light areas.]

9334975378_9eab9e1bd8_o.jpg

Dark Deity

Top Bottom