• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

9337209621_04bac2ce83_o.png

9339997194_f647fc7b45_o.png

9337384323_3d93488038_o.png

9340176096_83a37a2b6d_o.png

Also, I give up. Think I'll just play through the rest of the game. Some day down the line, I'm sure a talented scripter can fix the camera in this game.

midhras

I'm sorry, but is there an actual nuke going off in the background? Can't see shit in this shot.

Well, a whole lot of nuclear fusion as we're looking almost straight at the sun. I spent a lot of time lying on the grass looking up the last few days, and I guess some of that rubbed off.

I have got a pretty nice setup going now with C3, and I'm getting lucky with some really nice shots, so, I warn you I'll be rolling with more for a little while. :p

Good ol' Psycho:

crysis3_exe_dx11_20130722_050418_by_roderickartist-d6ek1av.png

crysis3_exe_dx11_20130722_051504_by_roderickartist-d6ek192.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That shot with the Atronach is just beautiful beyond belief.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/9184259338_64f6f6de8d_o.png[img]

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7343/9335026396_d39b313f2a_o.png

I audibly "ooph"'d. That Fallout looks good.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7368/9337384323_3d93488038_o.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7351/9340176096_83a37a2b6d_o.png

Also, I give up. Think I'll just play through the rest of the game. Some day down the line, I'm sure a talented scripter can fix the camera in this game.

Aha I fuckin love the ridiculous armor combinations we all end up with in Dark Souls. Dude looks like a big dumb joke lol.

TheTrain

Nice shots! How did you remove all of the HUD? I can't seem to get rid of the map in the bottom left corner.

Unofficial Patch #5 + FUEL: Refueled mod, with this you can enable debug tool and remove HUD.
It's a really great mod, i think a must have. With this stuff Fuel become a nice free roam arcade.

Raiden

Banned
I don't mind simple textures, but some of them are really low res. You can still have simple, yet nice looking textures. The ones in my screens have had plenty of time to load.

Took some screens during the day. The game is very reactive to gaussian bloom.

9325542997_7f0a17385e_o.png

9325543461_4e8577f028_o.png

Normally it's not so bright :p

Whoa.

What is this Firefall game, and is it any good/fun?

One3rd

I think he either disabled through a debug menu or used this Fuel: Refueled
Unofficial Patch #5 + FUEL: Refueled mod, with this you can enable debug tool and remove HUD.
It's a really great mod, i think a must have. With this stuff Fuel become a nice free roam arcade.

Thanks! I'll check it out. Picked it up off GMG and just been running around in free roam with itunes in the background...removing the hud would be the icing on the cake.

Aha I fuckin love the ridiculous armor combinations we all end up with in Dark Souls. Dude looks like a big dumb joke lol.

Heeeeey now. Don't be dissin my brass\silver armor compilation :p But yeah, I was just screwing around at that point.

I think I'll just drop my resolution down to decent looking but still playable settings and "enjoy" the rest of the game without screenshots.

Whoa.

What is this Firefall game, and is it any good/fun?

In my opinion.... no. Needs a lot of work. Sadly their core gameplay mechanic involves defending a resource gatherer while waves of mindless insects attack you. zzzzzz

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Heeeeey now. Don't be dissin my brass\silver armor compilation :p But yeah, I was just screwing around at that point.

I think I'll just drop my resolution down to decent looking but still playable settings and "enjoy" the rest of the game without screenshots.

It's a great thing. There were so many times that my dude looked like a total joke as he was finally conquering big vicious creatures and it was fantastic.

Also, just a heads up but the next area coming up after the place your screenshot was from, Lost Izalith, is easily the worst and most rushed area of the entire game. Really lazy design throughout, and the worst boss in the entire game.

So Pcars is on Steam now, yay! But.. not to buy yet. Its just now authenticated that way. But at least when I came across these fancy new fern things in Bathurst, steam screenshot thing was there to rescue me (i had nothing else running and have no idea what the Pcars screen button is). Not even sure if it uncompressed, but it held up well:

2013_07_23_00009_by_roderickartist-d6epgr6.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So Pcars is on Steam now, yay! But.. not to buy yet. Its just now authenticated that way. But at least when I came across these fancy new fern things in Bathurst, steam screenshot thing was there to rescue me (i had nothing else running and have no idea what the Pcars screen button is). Not even sure if it uncompressed, but it held up well:

2013_07_23_00009_by_roderickartist-d6epgr6.png

If it's a PNG, it's uncompressed. Steam will spit out lossless shots into a separate folder that you choose. There's no downsides to it that I've found other than that it won't pick up the visual effects of injectors like SweetFx and injectSMAA.

If it's a PNG, it's uncompressed. Steam will spit out lossless shots into a separate folder that you choose. There's no downsides to it that I've found other than that it won't pick up the visual effects of injectors like SweetFx and injectSMAA.

Ah, after looking closer it was compressed .jpg :(, and technically I uselessly converted to .png (its my PS action). I'll set it up proper, and that'll be handy.

And, happily pCars seems to be in one of its coding swings (plus I have an RMA replaced card now that very happily responds to some light OC'ing) where it plays at 4k with its MSAA (i think 4x), at about 40fps. Immersive as balls.

pcars_2013_07_23_01_13_07_607_by_roderickartist-d6epj1r.png

Top Bottom