• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

masterzh

Neo Member
Hi guys any idea what game is this or who posted this shot? Can it be rage?
(yes image is not complete)
iGVP0xLmg2NPM.png

Spazznid

The TressFX hair still looks way way too shiny and clean, I guess they didn't do anything to it with patches.

Well, it's much more stable now, and move much more realistically most of the time now. I'm pretty excited to see TFX 2. Just because they didn't change one thing doesn't mean they didn't change anything. Took forever for developers to make polygons look decent. Water as well. You can't go from nothing to perfection in one iteration. I think I'll post some Gifs of it soon.

Hi guys any idea what game is this or who posted this shot? Can it be rage?
(yes image is not complete)
iGVP0xLmg2NPM.png

Doesn't look like Rage to me... Not sure though. I'd say maybe Red Faction, Lost Planet, Dead Space, Aliens, are all candidates, among others, but I never finished either, so hopefully someone else recognizes the environment.

10821425723_d69cf73cde_o.png

10821155576_c033974e19_o.png

Parsnip

Well, it's much more stable now, and move much more realistically most of the time now. I'm pretty excited to see TFX 2. Just because they didn't change one thing doesn't mean they didn't change anything. Took forever for developers to make polygons look decent. Water as well. You can't go from nothing to perfection in one iteration. I think I'll post some Gifs of it soon.
Oh yeah, absolutely, it's a pretty decent first pass on a new thing. The glossiness of the hair is probably the thing that bothered me the most, in the context of Tomb Raider specifically. They way its shine stands out from absolutely everything else made me turn it off, it was just so distracting.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Would anyone mind posting some Injustice PC screenshots with maxed settings? I'm curious to see how it looks.

What are your settings and framerates with those Dead Space 3 screens? Those look amazing

I think I have everything turned up/on except for soft shadows, which absolutely wrecks performance for very little visual gain. I'm also using SweetFX with the default settings (vibrance and sharpening), FXAA, and downsampling from 2560x1440.

Apart from that soft shadows setting it's not a hard game to run at all. I've been getting a locked 60 the entire time I've played.

I'm replaying Morrowind :D. Sorted out how to finally make it re-accessible, without changing the game too much. What a great, great game.

Graphically I've only added shaders.

10849727686_f019b87960_o.png

One3rd

I'm replaying Morrowind :D. Sorted out how to finally make it re-accessible, without changing the game too much. What a great, great game.

Graphically I've only added shaders.

10849727686_f019b87960_o.png
Beautiful shot. I remember Morrowind fondly but it didn't look like that on my rig at the time! It's so clean!

10851182013_f31d6f7952_o.jpg

10851179683_61f10c95c5_o.jpg

BONKERS

It's amazing how good PCars looks and how far it's come. (Though some of the textures are a still a bit low res looking. But mostly just ground texture stuff. That seems to be the only thing keeping it from being pure CG in HQ screenshots)

So much more impressive than the likes of Forza 5 IMO.

It's too bad Gran Turismo is a PS exclusive series and that GT6 is debuting on the PS3 instead of cranking it up to 11 on the PS4.

Top Bottom