• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

deadspace3_exe_2013_11_15_02_19_04_395_by_realghostvids-d6u9xsx.jpg

Reckoner

neoenigma, your screenshots are so beautiful that I stole one of yours to make my new avatar. Hope you take it as a compliment. :)

Btw, that SweetFX mod is only for screenshots or does it improve the graphics of games in real time?

neoenigma, your screenshots are so beautiful that I stole one of yours to make my new avatar.

Btw, that SweetFX mod is only for screenshots or does it improve the graphics of games in real time?

Nice choice. That's probably my favorite Bioshock screenshot that I've taken.

SweetFX shaders change the game in real time. I wouldn't say they improve the graphics so much as alter them to your tastes. You can inject SMAA for a bit of anti-aliasing. You can also tweak vibrance, contrast, gamma, various bloom types, unsharp mask, levels, etc etc. You can also inject the holy grail of graphics options: chromatic aberration! There's even a shader that changes the game to look like you're playing on an old CRT monitor. It's pretty spiffy.

The screenshot capture and SMAA are things I use regularly. I'm not making many tweaks to Bioshock Infinite at all. I don't want to stray far from the art style.

Reckoner

Nice choice. That's probably my favorite Bioshock screenshot that I've taken.

SweetFX shaders change the game in real time. I wouldn't say they improve the graphics so much as alter them to your tastes. You can inject SMAA for a bit of anti-aliasing. You can also tweak vibrance, contrast, gamma, various bloom types, unsharp mask, levels, etc etc. You can also inject the holy grail of graphics options: chromatic aberration! There's even a shader that changes the game to look like you're playing on an old CRT monitor. It's pretty spiffy.

The screenshot capture and SMAA are things I use regularly. I'm not making many tweaks to Bioshock Infinite at all. I don't want to stray far from the art style.

That seems great. Does it take a big hit on the graphics card performance? I think I may test improving AA and other stuff with it on the first BioShock.

That seems great. Does it take a big hit on the graphics card performance? I think I may test improving AA and other stuff with it on the first BioShock.
The performance hit is pretty small unless you use some of the more intense shaders (HDR, gaussian bloom)

2 more shots.

10847824193_151bfd0229_o.jpg

10874315273_6f18fdc5be_o.jpg

Reckoner

Damn, you should be hired for screenshot taking at Tecmo or whatever it is. I read in a recent Edge that some devs had people that spent a day taking the best screencaps they could, but it seems that you just click on the key and BAM.

Btw, I just tried to use SweetFX on my BioShock 1, but I couldn't see if it was really in use. Is there a way to look if it is activated in-game? I even pressed Scroll Lock many times. I tried using a preset I downloaded.

RedSwirl

There's something about the use of color in Dead Space 3 I don't like. Seems all over the place except for one particular environment (the space ship Issac is one right after leaving the lunar colony).

Spazznid

The shadow mechanic got my interest in this game, how well does it work in the actual gameplay?

Playing it on PS4, and the Shadow thing doesn't get old, per se, but It certainly doesn't wow after the first five minutes. The story gets hella dark though. I was like O_0 about halfway through. Interesting none-the-less.

Speaking of PS4, I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but I REALLY wish KZ was on PC.

I mean WTFBBQ Look at that!

doomquake

hmm. having a life crisis here. I thought my BF4 was running incorrectly on my 460 GTS 2gb...but i keep seeing videos and screenshots from highquality settings that look exactly the same. Crazy lighting, weird colors...I think I grew up or something and can't stand how this game looks at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
hmm. having a life crisis here. I thought my BF4 was running incorrectly on my 460 GTS 2gb...but i keep seeing videos and screenshots from highquality settings that look exactly the same. Crazy lighting, weird colors...I think I grew up or something and can't stand how this game looks at all.

Yeah, Dice goes overboard with some of their art direction.

You're not alone. Not a fan when devs go overboard with the filters or go JJ Abrams with their games.

Blizzard

Banned
Playing it on PS4, and the Shadow thing doesn't get old, per se, but It certainly doesn't wow after the first five minutes. The story gets hella dark though. I was like O_0 about halfway through. Interesting none-the-less.
I agree about the story. I played it late at night and POW RIGHT IN THE FEELS with the (vague spoiler)
family problems
and everything.

Contrast 1920x1080, max settings GTX 770:
contrastgame2013-11-1v4uzf.png

contrastgame2013-11-1jdurg.png

Blizzard

Banned
I replayed some of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger recently to try my new graphics card and monitor. There seemed to be some particle effects I had not noticed on an AMD card (max settings, no tweaks):

cojgunslinger2013-10-p7uvt.png

cojgunslinger2013-10-49udo.png

Blizzard

Banned
Please forgive the anti-aliasing and HUDs since forcing anti-aliasing with nVidia Control Panel does not seem to work, and I have not poked around in .ini files to try to find tweaks to fix things. :(

More Contrast:
contrastgame2013-11-1xtuy4.png

contrastgame2013-11-1g0ugs.png

Blizzard

Banned
Final two Contrast shots since I finished the game and will probably not be posting more. Hopefully this is okay since this is the third consecutive post. :p

contrastgame2013-11-11qumu.png

contrastgame2013-11-1w4ufi.png

I may not have posted any pictures of it, but Dawn's walking animation (when you hold shift) is cool.

Nice Assassin's Creed IV shots!

Top Bottom