• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Ally1987

po0.jpg

qo0.jpg

Nice lookin! Seems like a game that could benefit from some cheat engine.

How is the gameplay?

The shooting gameplay is pretty bad to be honest, but the puzzles are quite enjoyable. I really like the environments. Feels like uncharted and indiana jones in first person.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well since the new one is busted in half, figured I'd finally sit down and figure out how to play the old one. Still quite an attractive game.

10936436826_c68d2a762f_o.png

10936649973_ffdc049fe9_o.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
screenshot_2013_11_18_07_59_26_by_roderickartist-d6upomi.png

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/322/e/0/screenshot_2013_11_17_21_03_33_by_roderickartist-d6upomy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]Holy shit I just laughed so hard at this. [/I]

[quote="TriAceJP, post: 90440279"]Damn, this game looks good.

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3769/10936895683_0de6919d9e_o.png

Weird, what settings are you running? It seems oddly blurred - very slightly.

I just hooked my PC to our main TV, 40 inch LED HDTV and MY GOD HOLY MY GSVKSPDVSDM. Amazing man. I've been playing games like Skyrim on my 900p 22 inch monitor thinking it looked great but man ... putting it up on the big screen @ 1080p with everything maxxed out and the graphic mods thrown in like realistic lighting and enhanced cities and realistic water and night skies and all that, mind blowing. Beautiful.

Been replaying my older games like Assassins Creed 3, Fallout 3, Dead Space, Bioshock Infinite, etc. and just getting blown away over and over at the fidelity @ 1080p. And the PS4 is far stronger then my PC so tomorrow I may lose my shit once again.

That location is ripped right out of Most Wanted. Are there a lot like that?

Also... seems to look worse (might be motion blur making me think that)?

I guess there's at least an excuse for the ground to be wet in this one.

There are many very familiar locations. :/.

It's a strange mix. The multiplayer, accurately dubbed 'dark souls' with cars, is great. The mechanics are great. But the backdrop and presentation is so far quite lackluster, and indeed in the screenshots one can get, it's less of a looker than MW. But in motion it can be quite nice. It's not the game I was hoping for (yet?) but what it is is surprisingly interesting.

Yeah. Cars look better but the environments really don't. I haven't seen many screenshots of it yet though.

Pretty much this. I am quite frustrated with trying to get any shots at the moment. Not only is there *nothing* in the way of screenshot friendliness, the 'pause' method whips the camera back around to only behind the car. It is the polar opposite of what Most Wanted was, which was a wonderful, wonderful playground for snapping shots.

So much color grading O_O

I honestly think I prefer the look of Most Wanted.

And are the cars in this one like the roads in Most Wanted? Never dry?

BONKERS

Now developers, how they use Chromatic Aberration in Rivals is how you should be doing it. Very subtle.

(Not that I like it any more)

One3rd

I tried out SweetFX for SMAA last night as I noticed the in-game FXAA was very blurry compared to without any AA at all. Figured out that I had the d3d wrapper declaration wrong which was stopping it working with SoftTH. Wish I'd figured this out sooner, it performs so much better with SMAA at these resolutions than with in-game AA.

10963174103_53dba4a1fc_o.jpg

10963008806_aa58cacdce_o.jpg

Top Bottom