• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

4.0 is amazing. Now i can enable DX11 but turn off the performance killing tesselation and just use that sweet sweet POM

iqoPgCfYUdj4m.png

iR2POx165knPQ.png

If I remember rightly, you can't change many settings in the tutorial, and have to wait for the proper level. Could be wrong though.

Also, I'm sure you know, but just to pass on the message that posting screens and video of the beta is Origin-bannable (I have no idea how they'd possibly know your ID, but still ;)

Is it in this case? I didn't have to sign any non disclosure agreement, I try to be careful about such things. And that's not the case for the settings, you can adjust that stuff from the main menu. I played a bit making my own town before bed and the graphical options remained the same.

That C2 shot looks great.

Taking another run at DS2. Forced a bunch of AA through Nvidia Control Panel.

Dead Space 1 & 2 are finicky when it comes to anti aliasing. The best way to get rid of jaggies in that series is to mix downsampling with SMAA or FXAA.

Edit: And some screens

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & Red Faction Guerrilla

futuresoldier2013-01-g7uoz.jpg

9669078582948790272_2hju17.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MSAA/SGSSAA require medium shadows or else it just breaks dynamic shadows completely. It kinda sucks but the missing dynamic shadows aren't as noticeable in screens.

This game is very very interesting. I am thoroughly impressed, and enamored. But, it certainly has its flaws. Mostly, I've never been in a forest setting that made me think it was a forest like this one, despite how empty the details get. And the mechanics of movement are perfect, such as walking slowly up a hill, sliding down them, and stepping pointedly up steps.

miasmata2013-01-2605-w5svi.png

miasmata2013-01-2605-9rsaz.png

IoCaster

I figured it was time to get a couple of my toons prepped for the Dragonborn DLC so I've gone back to Skyrim. I had scrapped most of my mods and such so I've been steadily tweaking and tuning the game back into shape. Mostly working on lighting and color balancing for now. Some level adjustments for brightness, contrast and saturation as well. Once I've gotten a good overall look that I'm satisfied with I'll start cranking on downsampling and copious amounts of AA. Here's a shot of a recent encounter I had while taking a casual stroll through Blackreach looking for an Elder Scroll.

vampsinblack.png

"Hello ladies, I'm looking for an Elder Scroll, hehe. Oh, shit!"

IoCaster

While still working on tuning the overall visual consistency of my game, I stumbled upon a strange occurrence. Nazeem and Anoriath fell victims to the Chicken Revolt of 4E 201. The appeal of a fried chicken dinner must have been extremely enticing, but unfortunately events took a tragic turn and there were sudden and unforeseen fatalities. :(

chickrev.png

While still working on tuning the overall visual consistency of my game, I stumbled upon a strange occurrence. Nazeem and Anoriath fell victims to the Chicken Revolt of 4E 201. The appeal of a fried chicken dinner must have been extremely enticing, but unfortunately events took a tragic turn and there were sudden and unforeseen fatalities. :(

chickrev.png

Not sure why but my first thought when I saw this was the pub scene in Inglorious Basterds.

Top Bottom