• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Gbraga

Is someone gonna start posting some DmC shots? There's been an alarming lack of screens from that game in this thread.

You should just get used to it, it's like that every new pretty game that comes out. I don't have a problem with that as long as no one posts spoilers.

EDIT: Shit, new page and no screens. Not very good (his arm looks weird), but at least better than nothing:

dmc-devilmaycry2013-0x3u3m.png

RoKKeR

Qbl.png

Rbl.png

I'm really interested to see how my 570 will hold up in Crysis 3. It's been doing really well in C2, holding a solid 30fps on Ultra at 1920x1200, and fluctuating between 20-30fps at 2560x1600. I'm worried Crysis 3 will bring it to it's knees. =/

Nabs

I was also wondering if you guys know how to turn of the HUD in DmC or other UE3 games?

You need to find the input.ini file. It's sometimes under Documents/My Games/(Game)/Config

Add something like:

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="togglehud")

F7 is the hotkey in this case.

I don't know if it works with DmC, but games like Deadlight support it.

dave_m123

Crysis 2 is stunning with Maldo's mod. Playing at 2560 X 1444 and runs well and plays well. Best looking game ever I'd say at the moment.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You should just get used to it, it's like that every new pretty game that comes out. I don't have a problem with that as long as no one posts spoilers.

EDIT: Shit, new page and no screens. Not very good (his arm looks weird), but at least better than nothing:

dmc-devilmaycry2013-0x3u3m.png

I want DmC 2 on next gen systems to like exactly like this shot at 60fps.

220440_2013-01-27_000i7s6y.png

220440_2013-01-27_0002ssdu.png
(that smug look)

Didn't want to do two posts in a row with only one screenshot in the latter. Is there any way to spoilerpost a screenshot? It wouldn't work when I tried it, don't think It's a massive deal but don't want to ruin people's playthoughs. Not sure what's up with the ground either in the third shot, wasn't aliased like that in game.

Edit:Ignore the title in regards to SGSSAA, was an accidental copy paste. I did try at 8XSGSAA with the 0x080000C1 bit but with a gtx670 I got around 19 FPS :D Meant to write OGSSAA. Am currently using SGSSAA at 4X but with the 0x080100c5 bit. Doesn't look quite as mind blowing but what can you do!

Edit 2: Now the game is running at 60 with 4XSGSAA using the 0x080000C1 bit instead of the 0x0801005C1. Bizarre.

Spazznid

I need help with FFXII! I got stuck in the part on the ship with all the alarm beams and I die because I trip an alarm whenever I try to kill the dudes at one of the consoles, leading to me getting hit by two groups of mobs... I suck at FF games...

Also, I think it can easily be agreed that Mirror's Edge has a Universally perfect artstyle? I've never seen anything in it that I didn't agree with, looks-wise.

Any chance everyone could share their current Nvidia Inspector settings for DmC? Trying to figure out how best to run it. SGSAA settings/bits in particular.

You implemented them yourself or have people made the proper .pcc files to download?

They're not PCC files. You can find what I've done so far (and hopefully others in the future) in this thread:

http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/me3explorer-mod-files-t186.html

To use them, you need to download ME3Explorer, load the ModMaker tool, load the mods, and hit "run all mods" at which point they will be installed (this may take a long time depending on the pervasiveness of a given texture).

Spazznid

I just, how do people think this looks good? It's all a blur.

It's a taste thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect straight lines for some people to be immersed. In fact, some people are quite the opposite.

Accept it. There are multiple ways to immerse yourself.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's a taste thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be perfect straight lines for some people to be immersed. In fact, some people are quite the opposite.

Accept it. There are multiple ways to immerse yourself.

For example, if you're trying to immerse yourself in the world by simulating a person with glaucoma, then those shots are perfect.

Top Bottom