• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

IoCaster

The unfortunate overlap of the timelines of both the Chicken Revolt and the Stormcloak Rebellion has sparked accusations of collusion and unfounded speculation that Ulfric has an unseemly attraction to "fowl" play. There's no substantive evidence that Ulfric has ever "choked the chicken" nor has he ever been accused of directly participating in that type of deviant activity.

Regardless, here are some screenshots of some of the different backdrops in the game and my attempts to normalize the visual consistency.

The Blue Palace:
bp1.png

bp2.png

IoCaster

Last set of pics for the moment as I start to ramp up attempts at downsampling and AA.

wr1.png

sol.png

One thing to consider is that I wanted to run the spectrum of different game backdrops to help me sort out some of the lighting issues inherent in the base game. Plus there is definitely some obvious color-banding in the skybox under particular lighting conditions that I'm still struggling with.

GMM

Banned
@GMM

Use the widescreen hack on FFX. Your images are stretched as fuck.

I cannot get it to work at all and all the documentation i can find is pretty bad, the patch files are not for my version of the game and i have no idea how to properly change it.

scitek

I cannot get it to work at all and all the documentation i can find is pretty bad, the patch files are not for my version of the game and i have no idea how to properly change it.

Try playing in 1440x1080 then, or just use Irfanview to resize the images before you post them, like this:

ffx_01owfxz.png

RoKKeR

Finally got around to playing this. For some reason I'd just never been bothered to play it before. Quick question, how do you hide your gun/free cam in this game? I tried a lot of google searches but nothing good came up.

Jal.png

Kal.png

Xyber

While still working on tuning the overall visual consistency of my game, I stumbled upon a strange occurrence. Nazeem and Anoriath fell victims to the Chicken Revolt of 4E 201. The appeal of a fried chicken dinner must have been extremely enticing, but unfortunately events took a tragic turn and there were sudden and unforeseen fatalities. :(

chickrev.png

Did you remove the vsync/frame limit? That messes with physics and shit can go flying everywhere.

Cade

Finally got around to beating Trine after I finished Braid, both of which I got in the first Humble Bundle (I think). Beautiful game, took a couple shots using Steam's new uncompressed feature.
(apologies for 900p)
Trine
35700_2013-01-26_0000v1k9i.png

35700_2013-01-26_0000dfkin.png

Linking because it's an end-game screenshot (spoiler):
Spoiler for Trine Ending

scitek

Is someone gonna start posting some DmC shots? There's been an alarming lack of screens from that game in this thread.

I think those are the only shots of it so far on this page, but you're right, my two-shots-per-post spamming habits have to stop.

SystemBug

I logged in about 120 hours in Skyrim on the XBOX. Bought it on Steam today to try out ENB.

OMG. I have never seen anything so stunning.
(I know you guys are probably tired of Skyrim)

Question regarding DmC. How did some of you guys enable SSAO in the game?

8419485438_a4167d13fe_h.jpg

8418387651_ed96a03dd1_h.jpg

IoCaster

I logged in about 120 hours in Skyrim on the XBOX. Bought it on Steam today to try out ENB.

OMG. I have never seen anything so stunning.
(I know you guys are probably tired of Skyrim)

Oh, there's no doubt. Heck, I'm tired of it as well, but since I'm in the midst of tuning up my game for the Dragonborn DLC I'll post a few shots here and there to mark my progress. *shrug*

Skyrim - Downsampled 2560x1440, 4xSGSSAA, RCRN+Imaginator.

sybille.png

wild2.png

IoCaster

Last two Skyrim shots for now. Downsampled 2560x1440, 4xSGSSAA, RCRN+Imaginator. I guess I should mention lots of custom textures.

wr5.png

wr6.png

IoCaster

Did you remove the vsync/frame limit? That messes with physics and shit can go flying everywhere.

That's just me having a bit of fun with an exploding chicken mod that I tweaked up. I use it to kill annoying NPCs without raising a bounty. The chicken are very aggressive and usually I can get the NPC to "suicide" by attacking them. :)

Xyber

That's just me having a bit of fun with an exploding chicken mod that I tweaked up. I use it to kill annoying NPCs without raising a bounty. The chicken are very aggressive and usually I can get the NPC to "suicide" by attacking them. :)

Haha, well that sure sounds better than a physics glitch.

And people complaining about shots from a newly released game just have to deal with it. This happens all the time (I got really tired of looking at Dishonored there for a while..) when some new nice looking game releases on PC. Seriously, there hasn't been that many DMC shots in here compared to some other games that totally flooded the last thread for days.

Katyusha

Finally got around to playing this. For some reason I'd just never been bothered to play it before. Quick question, how do you hide your gun/free cam in this game? I tried a lot of google searches but nothing good came up.

I don't know about free cam, but to hide your gun just put "r_drawnearfov 2" in the console

Shaneus

I think those are the only shots of it so far on this page, but you're right, my two-shots-per-post spamming habits have to stop.
Oh, I'm just talking on about *every* page. There's not a lot of variety in the environments (from what I can tell) so while the first batch were okay, they just keep on going and going and going. Maybe I just stay out of this thread for another week or so when people go back to posting Mirror's Edge ;)

scitek

Oh, I'm just talking on about *every* page. There's not a lot of variety in the environments (from what I can tell) so while the first batch were okay, they just keep on going and going and going. Maybe I just stay out of this thread for another week or so when people go back to posting Mirror's Edge ;)

Well, no one's posting from many areas of the game so as not to spoil anything.

Do I need some bits for AO?

I'm using the Gears of War bits.

Sethos

Banned

Wait until Crysis 3 hits ...

haikira

Truth time. Over the past three pages, there's only been 2 more shots of DmC, than there is for Skyrim. I think seeing a healthy batch of shots for a new release is good, as long as they're not filling the pages, which is the case here. It's good for potential buyers, who want to see the best and uncompressed shots around and there's also an element of catch up, since there were no shots already for it. I also disagree that there isn't a good variety in the shots and I'm definitely enjoying them.

If you think this is bad too. As Sethos said. "Wait until Crysis 3 hits ..."

Sorry for the mini rant. I just find it weird, people are still surprised that there'll be a slightly higher ratio of shots, for games, when they're newly released.

Top Bottom