• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

I spent at least an hour on the phone today trying to get my mom set up to watch the Korea game using a free stream. There were ads upon ads upon ads on the various sites that I recommended to her and it made it a nightmare for both of us.

Can somebody please recommend good simple, free streams to watch the World Cup games? There must be some out there that don't try to give you 100 viruses

Not really, popups is the hallmark of pirate web streaming. If the local broadcaster is not an option, she should download acestream and find a link here, delvey usually has great streams, http://www.livefootballol.com/streaming/world-cup-2014

Ps. She may need to call you every day for assistance, but it's really not that complicated

Divius

New OT already!

Looks like the RUS-KOR game didn't get much more interesting yesterday, that Russian keeper fail though, damn.

Divius

Predictionsss

AUS 1 - 3 NED
SPA 2 - 2 CHI
CMR 0 - 2 CRO

da81.gif

Juicy Bob

|OT3| already and the first round of matches literally just finished.

The first two threads have had a combined view count of 1,945,183 - making the World Cup almost one of the top ten most viewed Off-Topic threads of all time.

bjaelke

Looks like I was right about Ochoa. Getting linked with both Liverpool (again) and Arsenal after last night's performance.

fasTRapid

Banned
Russia was so bad. Good that good teams are playing tonight.

NED's gonna destroy AUS.
CHI has a small chance of a lucky win over SPA.
CRO needs to shoot CMR out of the stadium if they wanna have any chance to progress.

Sadist

In!

are you being unusually cruel and giving us false hopes :<
Nope. You Aussies are a team with a lot of physical power and Oranje has problems with those kind of teams. We played a friendly against Wales right before the WC and it was pretty bad. It's going to be close today.

Plus Aussies pls don't injure RvP or Robben

ok :>

im revising my scores prediction to AUS 1 - NED 1

oh man my heart so going to implode if we turned out to be annihilated. damn you good natured dutch fans for raising my hopes!!!

I spent at least an hour on the phone today trying to get my mom set up to watch the Korea game using a free stream. There were ads upon ads upon ads on the various sites that I recommended to her and it made it a nightmare for both of us.

Can somebody please recommend good simple, free streams to watch the World Cup games? There must be some out there that don't try to give you 100 viruses

Set up a proxy for a UK IP and watch all the games on tvcatchup.com

bjaelke

Del Bosque blames Spain defeat to Holland on David Silva,Xavi,Costa & Pique & they would all be dropped for the match against Chile.
Pedro, Torres, Martinez expected to replace them.

Time to bet on a draw.

Dat new thread smell.
Slightly nervous for today.
Best case scenario. Win againtst aussies, what should be doable, but will be tough. Spain will take another beating from Chilli. Last group match we can duke it out 1on 1 for 1st place.
Modesty, I like it. The Dutch should be able to manhandle Australia.

If Chile beat Spain Chileans will explode and light everything on fire in the capital. I'm both excited and fearful for that. Gonna be a party. Woo.

Arjen

I'm more excited to see Chile kick Spain's ass then our own game to be honest.
I mean, they were pretty close 4 years ago.

spekkeh

Banned
AUS - NED 1-2
I fear 1-1, but remain positive because Australia has to attack
SPA - CHI 0-1
CMR - CRO 1-3

spekkeh

Banned
SBS.com.au (Official AUS broadcaster) has a good stream. At least for the opening match (The only one I streamed), it was snappy and crisp. I'm not sure if they limit it to Australia... check it out.

I think you should be able to use Hola.
the Dutch broadcasting association also has HD streams (http://nos.nl/wk2014), which should be accessible through Hola, but then you'd have to put up with Dutch commentary obv.

Saya

I'm suffering serious lack of sleep during this world cup. First match for me starts at 23:00 and then 02:00 and 05:00... but I gotta support my home country of the Netherlands. But tonight I'm just watching from the comfort of my own home instead of going out. The world cup is seriously alive in Jakarta here. It really brings people together, I love it.

I have a feeling anything can happen this world cup, so I am a little bit worried about Australia. They have nothing to lose and can more freely perhaps, while people have certain expectations of the Dutch now.

Addi

New OT already! How many will we have by the end of the world cup?

Really hope for better games today, the 3 goals average has to be saved!

Chuckie

I'm suffering serious lack of sleep during this world cup. First match for me starts at 23:00 and then 02:00 and 05:00... but I gotta support my home country of the Netherlands. But tonight I'm just watching from the comfort of my own home instead of going out. The world cup is seriously alive in Jakarta here. It really brings people together, I love it.

I saw footage of Indonesian Oranje supporters all dressed up in orange with Dutch flags on motorcycles after the game against Spain. It was awesome.

I was quite surprised by the support.

Those tournaments are always amazingly alive in Indo. I remember Euro 2000 was huge over there when I visited.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll bet Arno Vermeulen is even annoying if you can't understand a word he's saying.

I honestly don't understand why only Jack van Gelder is able to do proper commentary and everyone else is just utter shit. You have one job for fucks sake.

I watched the Belgian game on Canvas yesterday, now that is good commentary.

And legit excitement when Belgium was scoring too, like actual cheering and stuff. Dutch Commentary outside of Van Gelder will, at best, shout JAAAA somewhat loudly, before immediately reverting back to regular commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom