• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Australia Nederlands 3-1
Spain Chile 1-5
Cameroon Croatia 4-4
image.php

Firemind

Frank Snoeks, Evert ten Napel, Jan Roelfs, Jeroen Grueter, they're all pretty bad commentators to be honest.

Also, can someone PLEASE fire Tom Egbers. I have no idea why he still has a job there. That man cannot do live reporting to save his life.

Saya

I saw footage of Indonesian Oranje supporters all dressed up in orange with Dutch flags on motorcycles after the game against Spain. It was awesome.

I was quite surprised by the support.

Those tournaments are always amazingly alive in Indo. I remember Euro 2000 was huge over there when I visited.

Oh yeah, I think of all the countries, the Dutch will get the most support. Probably due to our shared past. It's alive here; bars, cafes, and restaurants are staying open later than usual to show the games. It's gonna be awkward when the fasting period starts later this month.

Anyway, this was during Spain - Netherlands at 02:00 in the Erasmus Huis, the cultural center of the Dutch embassy.

R4XuUxd.jpg

Crazy night.

Nyx

I watched the Belgian game on Canvas yesterday, now that is good commentary.

And legit excitement when Belgium was scoring too, like actual cheering and stuff. Dutch Commentary outside of Van Gelder will, at best, shout JAAAA somewhat loudly, before immediately reverting back to regular commentary.

I've been watching the entire WC so far on Canvas, except for the 1st half of Spain - Netherlands.... but man that Frank Snoeks was SO annoying that I never looked back.

Dutch commentary mostly is talking about how good the opponents are, and what they eat on a normal day, and how their sister is like, etc.

Sadist

I've been watching the entire WC so far on Canvas, except for the 1st half of Spain - Netherlands.... but man that Frank Snoeks was SO annoying that I never looked back.

Dutch commentary mostly is talking about how good the opponents are, and what they eat on a normal day, and how their sister is like, etc.
It's funny because it's true

Jack cw

Welcome to German commentary. I thank god for Sky and the stadium sounds only option, but this WC and its commentators are unbearable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Welcome to German commentary. I thank god for Sky and the stadium sounds only option, but this WC and its commentators are unbearable.

Oh yeah, did German Commentary also take 10 minutes to figure out that when the Goal Line Technology shows you a goal and a goal is counted, that an actual goal happened? Because Arno Vermeulen sure as hell couldn't figure it out.

Nyx

I really have to give props to our Belgian neighbours though.
It's all about football over there in the commentary and analysis.

And also, no 10 minutes of commercials during half time !

Jack cw

Oh yeah, did German Commentary also take 10 minutes to figure out that when the Goal Line Technology shows you a goal and a goal is counted, an actual goal happened? Because Arno Vermeulen sure as hell couldn't figure it out.

Haha, even better. We had this guy called Bela Rethy and he always mixes up the player names for example. Kroos has the ball and calls him Schweinsteiger, who isnt even on the pitch. And the goal line thing was hilarious. After the first angle video he said its a clear goal. No goal after the next few angles, and then again goal and came to the conculsion that he isnt really sure, but we should trust FIFA on this... he confused a whole country with his jumpy shit talk.

Blablurn

Haha, even better. We had this guy called Bela Rethy and he always mixes up the player names for example. Kroos has the ball and calls him Schweinsteiger, who isnt even on the pitch. And the goal line thing was hilarious. After the first angle video he said its a clear goal. No goal after the next few angles, and then again goal and came to the conculsion that he isnt really sure, but we should trust FIFA on this... he confused a whole country with his jumpy shit talk.
Lol. So true. Its terrible.

Shoogoo

We have pretty good commentators in Belgium, I think.

beenkens-rtbf.jpg

This one here, Rodrigo Benkens, is my favorite. He comments many different sports, and always knows every players name and club (that includes South Korea!).

Australia-Netherlands 0-2 Gooo Netherlands!
Spain-Chile 1-1 "I hope spain loses but it will be a draw"
Cameroon-Croatia 1-0 I just cant cheer for Croatia, yuck!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would love Chile to hammer Spain but I expect they will play defense strong and hope for a 1-0.

Can't wait to see what Netherlands will do against Australia.

MWfrGre.jpg

TheOddOne

Oh yeah, did German Commentary also take 10 minutes to figure out that when the Goal Line Technology shows you a goal and a goal is counted, that an actual goal happened? Because Arno Vermeulen sure as hell couldn't figure it out.
I pretty much exclusively only watch with the Belgian commentator. He is way more mellow and reasonable.

Seems like less England flags and stuff this time round, which is strange considering that

1) There are less cunts than normal in the team
2) There is genuine reason to be excited about this team
3) They need all the support they can get :p

I have little faith in the Netherlands again to be honest. I hope we can continue to wreck, but I fear Spain was just an exception. At any rate, the team still has something to prove today imo.

Divius

A bit nervous if Vlaar isn't starting. Hope De Vrij won't cause a penalty again.
Maybe van Gaal is 'saving' Vlaar for when he is more needed. I also think De Vrij is a bit more creative with the ball. Oh well, we'll see how it goes and what formation Oranje will play in.

A draw with Spain could be enough to put Chile through with 4 points. Even if the Dutch take 3 vs Australia and Chile it'd come down to Spain and Australia and all Chile would need is anything but a blowout for either team and they'd be in.

If my math is correct. This may be an entirely likely scenario. Chile need a point badly today. Don't wanna go into that last match needing to take a point from Netherlands.

spekkeh

Banned
A draw with Spain could be enough to put Chile through with 4 points. Even if the Dutch take 3 vs Australia and Chile it'd come down to Spain and Australia and all Chile would need is anything but a blowout for either team and they'd be in.

If my math is correct. This may be an entirely likely scenario. Chile need a point badly today. Don't wanna go into that last match needing to take a point from Netherlands.
Technically both Spain and Holland could lose to Australia, and Holland beat Chile, in which case it's NED + AUS who make it out of the group

Technically both Spain and Holland could lose to Australia, and Holland beat Chile, in which case it's NED + AUS who make it out of the group
True. I was thinking more realistically though. :p

Power to the Aussies if they can surprise everyone today. Always like an underdog.

Wastum

Neo Member
Those 14.00 and 6.50 odds on respectively a win and a draw by Australia are starting to look more attractive with any minute passing.

Fellow Australians.

In the wee hours of tomorrow morning our beloved team and its campaign faces its complete destruction. We must stand strong united together with the knowledge that sending these young brave warriors to their demise in this cup is for the best. That from this inevitable slaughter they will gain the experience they require, that the coach will learn their strengths and weaknesses and they will rise again in four years time stronger having gone through the experience. We knew we had lost before we began. But here's to giving them hell on the way down. Good luck Socceroos!

Try not to cry ... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom