• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
Fellow Australians.

In the wee hours of tomorrow morning our beloved team and its campaign faces its complete destruction. We must stand strong united together with the knowledge that sending these young brave warriors to their demise in this cup is for the best. That from this inevitable slaughter they will gain the experience they require, that the coach will learn their strengths and weaknesses and they will rise again in four years time stronger having gone through the experience. We knew we had lost before we began. But here's to giving them hell on the way down. Good luck Socceroos!

Try not to cry ... =(

Just say it. Cry out. 'Mercy'

braveheart-dearth.jpg

Danielsan

At this point I'd rather see The Netherlands up against Brazil than Mexico. Brazil is looking to be the weaker of the two at the moment. Also I have fond memories of Brazil - Netherlands 2010.

Road

This thread is gonna be on the top of off-topic all the time, but a link in the other one like the last time wouldn't hurt. =P

I think I'm gonna miss all of today's games. =\

Chile never won against Spain. Nehterlands never won against Australia. And who cares about Croatia and Cameroon.

Nyx

Fellow Australians.

In the wee hours of tomorrow morning our beloved team and its campaign faces its complete destruction. We must stand strong united together with the knowledge that sending these young brave warriors to their demise in this cup is for the best. That from this inevitable slaughter they will gain the experience they require, that the coach will learn their strengths and weaknesses and they will rise again in four years time stronger having gone through the experience. We knew we had lost before we began. But here's to giving them hell on the way down. Good luck Socceroos!

Try not to cry ... =(

Tommy Oar is allowed to score at least 1 goal.

Santiako

Chile - Spain is going to be amazing. Spain needs to win and Chile needs to prove themselves. Both are going to go for blood.

Esch

Banned
Caught your edit. Spain is now BP3, they've accomplished enough and it's time for them to retire, while Chile is MBDTF; they're about to shock the world and win the cup with style and grace.
6P12ABy.png

you think australia is gonna beat the netherlands too

iHRpfwGtLzlCr.gif

BoerBert

At this point I'd rather see The Netherlands up against Brazil than Mexico. Brazil is looking to be the weaker of the two at the moment. Also I have fond memories of Brazil - Netherlands 2010.

It could be a beautiful road to the final with Brazil, Italy and Argentina. Better than four years back. But oh well, let's stop dreaming and win tonight first.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Seems like less England flags and stuff this time round, which is strange considering that

1) There are less cunts than normal in the team
2) There is genuine reason to be excited about this team
3) They need all the support they can get :p

trepidation. the italy performance came as a shock to most of us. england have been all shit play and banter for a decade, we're all waiting for the uruguay game to see if we should rethink things.

probably would be fitting for england if we turn in our first decent performance since owen's knees exploded and still go out in the groups. justice for advancing through by playing like cunts and squeaking wins against teams like slovenia.

if england play like they did against italy and uruguay don't immensely up their game from saturday (they will), you'll be seeing a lot more english flags i'm sure.

gutshot

How come England and the Netherlands both have lions as their symbols? We need to come to a consensus here on who gets to use the lion.

Baleoce

Regardless of how likely it is, now must be a good time to get half decent odds on Spain winning the world cup, right?

LNBL

Oh yeah, did German Commentary also take 10 minutes to figure out that when the Goal Line Technology shows you a goal and a goal is counted, that an actual goal happened? Because Arno Vermeulen sure as hell couldn't figure it out.

BqM1xceCQAAZV9T.jpg

spekkeh

Banned
How come England and the Netherlands both have lions as their symbols? We need to come to a consensus here on who gets to use the lion.

Putting a lion on your coat of arms is the most cliche thing to do, I reckon half of the European fiefdoms had one somewhere, prolly cause they look proper dangerous and stuff.

After the glorious revolution it doesn't really matter anymore though.

TheOddOne

Caught your edit. Spain is now BP3, they've accomplished enough and it's time for them to retire, while Chile is MBDTF; they're about to shock the world and win the cup with style and grace.
6P12ABy.png
They were both terrible albums and are only give bad ju ju to those being compared to them.

Courage pls.
yDj6y.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom