• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lions don't much look like lions. More like Chinese dragons. Bulldogs look shit as well. Adders are about as cool and dangerous as our native species get :p

The Black Adders would be an amazing nickname though. I can feel a petition coming.

Chuckie

we have 3 :)

So do we actually

rykswap.gif

We also have shitloads of lions on provincial and cityflags/coat of arms

Like Rotterdam...which has six lions.

rdam_wapen_bewerkt5.jpg

Sadist

No faith in BMI and De Vrij?
Well, as a Feyenoord fan I've critizised them several times this season (Bruno more than Stefan, the latter got some undeserved shit from Koeman) but I still have faith in them. I don't know, but we never beat Australia. Plus that game against Wales a few weeks ago (similar play style compared to the Aussies) was really rough, so I'm just cautious.

GAF thinks the world of Oranje right now, but it only takes one game to lose it all again.

OCHOA OCHOA

Back to yesterday's matches, you gotta give props to Mexico.
What a great team effort, specially on defense. It's was like there was more reds than yellows on the field.

With that said, Ochoa, holy shit Ochoa... Best GK performance of the tournament so far. Simply amazing. That Neymar header should have gone in...

Australia 0 - 3 Netherlands
Spain 2 - 2 Chile
Cameroon 0 - 2 Croatia

I'd wouldn't mind seeing the Aussie's get something from the Dutch, though. I've nothing against the Netherlands, I've liked them over the years (except for their odious tactics against Spain in 2010) but I struggle to like fully support any team that has Arjen Robben in it.

Firemind

Well, as a Feyenoord fan I've critizised them several times this season (Bruno more than Stefan, the latter got some undeserved shit from Koeman) but I still have faith in them. I don't know, but we never beat Australia. Plus that game against Wales a few weeks ago (similar play style compared to the Aussies) was really rough, so I'm just cautious.

GAF thinks the world of Oranje right now, but it only takes one game to lose it all again.

Don't worry, mate, Janmaat/Blind will save us. Let's show the world the Eredivisie ain't no Mickey Mouse league.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Our lions don't much look like lions. More like Chinese dragons. Bulldogs look shit as well. Adders are about as cool and dangerous as our native species get :p

The Black Adders would be an amazing nickname though. I can feel a petition coming.

i like seagulls, we're more of a loud island nuisance these days. brighton can go get something else like a anthropomorphic ketamine pill bin raiding waitrose while its parents slide another couple of grand into its current account.

Cappa

Banned
I think it's obvious but Spain need to win today....... I am not feeling confident though.and I really don't want to go back to Spain from my vacation knowing we're out of the tournament :(

Aiii

So not worth it
So, good news for Australia tonight, Oranje has never beaten them in all 3 previous encounters, losing once and tieing twice to Australia.

Bad news though, they were all friendlies, which Oranje never uses A-team players for, but uses for testing tactics and reserve players. Also, in World Cup matches, Oranje had 20 matches against non-European counties and only lost 2 matches, scoring an average of 2,20 points (44 points total).

Cappa

Banned
How come England and the Netherlands both have lions as their symbols? We need to come to a consensus here on who gets to use the lion.

so does Spain in their crest badge.... like someone mentioned it has to do more with royalty than any actual meaning.

Bad news though, they were all friendlies, which Oranje never uses A-team players for, but uses for testing tactics and reserve players.

Really? The last Dutch friendly match before the World Cup they fielded the exact team that started against Spain except for De Guzman, who was a bit crap in the Spain game anyway.

amar212

Croatian singer/starlette Nives Celzius just published her new WorldCup video, "Take Me To Brazil"

Watch here > http://youtu.be/xolDwjrI1Ls (apparently a bit NSFW)

1_120820.jpg

Following is the unofficial 2014 World Cup anthem of the Croatian fans, by Zapresic Boys, "Neopisivo" (eng: Indescribable).

http://youtu.be/2cxN625G4c4

On more serious note, this is far the most positive WorldCup themed-song this year from Croatia, that - surprisingly, given the historical turn of events - cheers for both Croatian and Bosnian team, Ante Cash "Vatreni zmajevi" (eng: Fireteam Dragons, which resolves about the way both teams are called locally - Croatian team is referred as the "Fireteam" among the population, while Bosnian team is called the "Dragons" ):

http://youtu.be/9KIU9cgRaxc

Croatia is pretty crazy every time around WorldCup, especially the production of fan-songs. This WorldCup we probably have 320 of them :)

Aiii

So not worth it
Really? The last Dutch friendly match before the World Cup they fielded the exact team that started against Spain except for De Guzman, who was a bit crap in the Spain game anyway.

Because they were testing out 5-3-2 in the final few friendlies, which was new to all the players.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
To everyone feeling confident about Spain getting eliminated tonight: put your money where your mouth is.

Ban bet. If Spain doesn't win i'll gladly take a 6 month ban or whatever.

Who's in?

So, good news for Australia tonight, Oranje has never beaten them in all 3 previous encounters, losing once and tieing twice to Australia.

Bad news though, they were all friendlies, which Oranje never uses A-team players for, but uses for testing tactics and reserve players. Also, in World Cup matches, Oranje had 20 matches against non-European counties and only lost 2 matches, scoring an average of 2,20 points (44 points total).

I watch every socceroos match and the game against holland in 2006 was just before the World Cup. Holland we're using a full strength team consisting of: van der sar, mathisen, van bronkhurst, cocu, van nistlerooy, robben, van prise, and sneijder.

They did not use or test different tactics as they were about to go to a World Cup so were using their World Cup tactics. They were also playing at home.

The good news for holland is that that 2006 team from Australia was a better team than the current socceroos team and the game was a draw.

Maybe in two or three years this Aussie team will be good (it's the sixth game they have ever played together and with the new manager), and I am confident that in 2018 Australia will definitely be making out of the group, but today will be close still.

I will love you forever if these predicitons are true.
My Australian result is more with my heart than my head. I have to believe they can win this match.

I'm sure Spain will bounce back and chile are not that great in my opinion.

Croatia v Cameroon could go either way, both teams can play but are just as likely to implode.

Nyx

The Dutch just don't like friendlies...

Seriously, out of 100 friendlies, probably around 2 are good to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom