• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ScRYeD

11879510006_a3d675ccf6_o.jpg

11885009363_f3c96e4c5e_o.jpg

Pjsprojects

Remember me 2560x1440 everything at max. I can create custom res much higher but none of the games then have the option to display it,what am I doing wrong?

ibasoICNEFi4ct.png

iboOWYIitmpb1n.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Revengeance is a dirty, ugly looking game, but damn it sure is fun.

NEO0MJ

So while messing around in training mode I decided to take a few screenshots. Maxed the game at 1920x1080, C16XQAA, Motion Blur, Character Shadows and High Quality stages all toggled. Game still runs at 60FPS, maybe I should have tried downsampling and some of the other tricks mentioned here, even if my Laptop's GPU is merely an AMD Radeon HD 8870m.

11894770596_92a45c5563_o.png

11895766146_b751588b15_o.png

Very nice shots, Brerlappin! What ENB is that?

72850_2014-01-11_0001xff8g.png

That smoke is doing something weird with my anti-aliasing. Then again, I've got it dialed down to 4, gotta keep dat smooth 60 fps.

72850_2014-01-11_0001v2i28.png

Spazznid

Rösti;96731858 said:
I suppose you could try with an NVIDIA Tesla K40 Accelerator.

I think I'll go ahead and wait for a slightly cheaper one, thanks. :)

Very nice shots, Brerlappin! What ENB is that?

72850_2014-01-11_0001xff8g.png

That smoke is doing something weird with my anti-aliasing. Then again, I've got it dialed down to 4, gotta keep dat smooth 60 fps.

72850_2014-01-11_0001v2i28.png

Ahhhh Skyrim at 60 fps.... I remember time before the Creation Kit/ENB....

Anyhoo, back to sub 10 fps land!

I can get up to 10K in DMC. Any higher, and it doesn't seem to recognize my Custom res. Might just be an issue with the game or something entered wrong, but at 10K I get pretty single digit frames, anyways, so, yeah. Some AA to balance things out. At this res, if you see aliasing, you may want to consult a doctor.

11896163114_2953f23507_o.png

11896607856_839694007a_o.png

Spazznid

11896683826_44f38742e8_o.png

11895821545_198b568d3d_o.png

Like I said, though. For the purpose of gaming AND Screenshotting, and for Downsampling to 1080p, 6K and a bit of AA is more than enough in my eyes.

Ahhhh Skyrim at 60 fps.... I remember time before the Creation Kit/ENB....

Having played the 360 version for nearly two years, the enhanced resolution and framerate are a lot more important to me than throwing an ENB on there to make things prettier. I think I'm one of the few people who thinks vanilla Skyrim still looks great. :lol

Well, that and the 175+ mods I'm running right now.

Also, nice shots. 10K man, damn, I'm just too lazy to set something like that up, I prefer taking pictures as I'm going.

Spazznid

Having played the 360 version for nearly two years, the enhanced resolution and framerate are a lot more important to me than throwing an ENB on there to make things prettier. I think I'm one of the few people who thinks vanilla Skyrim still looks great. :lol

Well, that and the 175+ mods I'm running right now.

Also, nice shots. 10K man, damn, I'm just too lazy to set something like that up, I prefer taking pictures as I'm going.

Oh, I meant nothing negative! I just enjoy fucking Skyrim up more than I enjoy playing it at a respectable framerate. I think most of the Vanilla game looks like ass, though at times it can look pretty good as well. It's also easy to Downsample without ENB and get a good fps.

Those DMC shots weren't with a free cam or anything, I'm pretty lazy myself. It takes only a few seconds to set up though.

Spazznid

I love MGSR from gameplay, but so far, it seems like there's no art to be seen anywhere. Just bland, drab, PS2 launch era buildings and uninspired trees. The only exception is the bosses and their respective arenas.

11903071464_75cffa697c_o.png

Oh, I meant nothing negative! I just enjoy fucking Skyrim up more than I enjoy playing it at a respectable framerate. I think most of the Vanilla game looks like ass, though at times it can look pretty good as well. It's also easy to Downsample without ENB and get a good fps.

Oh, don't worry, I didn't think you were negative. ;) To each his own, after all.

I might try downsampling, but I'm really attached to my 60 fps now. :lol

... I need to know how you've done this!

PM me a mod list pretty please :)
Never fails...

It's just ENB. His ENB. That isn't available for download (in my opinion you could find a lot more that actually have some atmosphere... but I digress). The rest are texture mods and water mods. They're all over the nexus.

Here, read this article. Should let you in on some of the secrets behind Skyrim screenshots and mods.

They’re almost right about one thing: my Skyrim doesn’t look like that. Likewise, when someone asks me what English weather is like, I don’t answer: ‘It’s like that evening drive between Dorset and Wiltshire when a torrential downpour gave way to just the best sunshine that lit up the faces of distant historic buildings and cast painterly shadows across dale and field.’ What I tell them is that, nine times out of ten, ‘it’s shit.’

What posters of modded Skyrim shots fail to mention is that their game only looks like that 1 per cent of the time, from 0.01 per cent of the vantage points on the map. The numbers are only slightly better for any videogame screenshot worth a damn. Whether you’re an industry screenshot artist or a Steam Community superstar or whatever, what you’re doing is marketing. Selling. Lying by omission.

That last part is especially true for Skyrim. And why 90% of Unreal's Skyrim shots are around the same 5% of the world map.

Seriously... in the screenshot compendium, we should just post a link to that article for Skyrim.

Top Bottom