• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Spazznid

HINT: Zoom in on the gun.

11850842394_60aafc813d_o.jpg

Stein3x

I really like that one.

Thanks! , i now see that i did a terrible mistake of not downsampling to 1080p (instead i've used 1440p) making aliasing even more obvious if you enlarge the shots :(
Also i wonder what will happen if you enable Supersampling in Remember me ,probably not a good idea :p

11772930933_93f590902a_o.jpg

11851830823_fb3070c8f5_o.png

Im reading through the "screenshotting Skyrim" article by Duncan Harris on RPS... and I'm already finding a few interesting console commands I've never known about. Might be an interesting read for anyone currently running the game and snapping shots.

tfc / sucsm / player.moveto – The free camera’s great for scouting for locations, angles, etc, and this is where player.moveto comes in. Maybe you want to set up a pose for a screenshot or just ensure the game’s loaded the highest LOD around your new location, so click on a small nearby object with the command console open – a shrub, a tree, just not the bare terrain mesh – and type player.moveto .

I wish I knew about that a long time ago. I used to come up with really stupid ways to get distant textures to actually render before snapping screenshots...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Durante is making the image quality in this thread skip generations wtf. Durante is like jesus dying for Neogaf's image quality sins in literally every other thread.

So what kind of performance are we talking about with those crazy 8K shots, in comparison to say 1440p?

Screenshotable - I couldn't actually see Afterburner's reading. Also just realised I had Double Precision mode turned on whilst playing -_- So for BI at least, I'd say performance isn't actually that bad albeit on a Titan.

Props to Neo for helping me get the window set up lol.

So what kind of performance are we talking about with those crazy 8K shots, in comparison to say 1440p?

When I shot Bioshock Infinite @ 5500x2320, I was getting maybe 15 FPS max. Not helped by the fact that you're forced to do that in windowed mode. The game just runs better in full screen. And I have 2 4GB 680s in SLI. So... yeah. I imagine if I booted up the game in 8K, I could count my frames per second on 1 hand. I also force a lot of crap in the XEngine.ini though. I don't think you can get textures like this out of the box:

Durante

I get ~2 FPS at 8k in most graphically demanding games, but I'm only on a 660ti and almost certainly run out of GPU memory. Also, 8k is 16x1080p, so if you get fillrate/bw/shader limited at ~60 FPS at 1080p you can expect ~4 FPS at 8k even if you don't run out of memory. Of course, many games aren't entirely limited by those factors at 1080p on a high-end GPU, so the scaling in practice probably isn't that bad as long as you have enough VRAM.

Ys Origin is playable at 10k even on my 660ti though ;)

Thorgal

I get ~2 FPS at 8k in most graphically demanding games, but I'm only on a 660ti and almost certainly run out of GPU memory. Also, 8k is 16x1080p, so if you get fillrate/bw/shader limited at ~60 FPS at 1080p you can expect ~4 FPS at 8k even if you don't run out of memory. Of course, many games aren't entirely limited by those factors at 1080p on a high-end GPU, so the scaling in practice probably isn't that bad as long as you have enough VRAM.

Ys Origin is playable at 10k even on my 660ti though ;)

Hope you can get a workable version out before Trails in the sky hits steam .

Playing that game at 4k+ would be glorious.

Thorgal

Yeah .its not exactly a candidate for best textures ever award .

That being said apart from the resolution issue it is a fine port from my experience .

The only thing that i dislike is that the video's are locked at 30 FPS.

Really noticeable after slicing guys apart at 60 fps.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Durante's Mega Power :p

No comment for the game -_- , i don't think the resolution will help it other than the aliasing
I see. Would be awesome to test that out, though I wonder how far I could push my old, crappy, integrated GPU. I got Skyrim running in 8192x8192 the other day with a very low FPS (below one). Could perhaps test with World of Warcraft.

Spazznid

Rösti;96505718 said:
Nice shots. No way to override the resolution lock yet?

Btw, Spazznid, what setup do you use for the 8K shots? Multiple monitors, windowed mode?

Remember Me crashes if I go above 6K, but with 6K I get around 20 fps.

Resident Evil is built on the wonderful MT Framework, and I can run that at 8K without crashing, and get a pretty constant 15+ fps.

This part of Remember Me took about an hour and 30+ attempts, while listening to this ass hat call me Red Riding hood or something, over and over and over and over again. I'm too stubborn to change resolution mid-game!

11860960326_3bfd163e28_o.png

Top Bottom