• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Vita release Outlook for GAMES

Arelaz

RIP my wallet. I'm also going to import the Asian version of Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment since it's going to have english subtitles and text.

I'm not too interested in indie ports from PC, but there's enough that's got me excited for an eventual free PS+ version to throw on my Vita

VLiberty

It's really hard to keep track of all the upcoming Vita games, op surely forgot some. For instance, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, which should finally come in the next weeks, assuming it will pass the QA test...

Cornbread78

It's really hard to keep track of all the upcoming Vita games, op surely forgot some. For instance, Oddworld Munch's Oddysee, which should finally come in the next weeks, assuming it will pass the QA test...

I'm sure I did. I added New n' Toasty, and will add Odssey as well. Soo many games coming out, my wallet is crying....

MSMrRound

Praise Shahid I'll be buying all 4 of the games announced today!

I'm only linking him with Tales of Hearts R. The others are kind of expected for me, since they are 1st party titles by Sony.

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/455733932680830977

Can't agree more Shahid. It's a start to the #jrpgvita campaign that he started off...now...my birthday would be even better if it's topped off by a legit Valkyria Chronicles 3 localization for the Vita...

Magwik

Banned
"Bigger" Pubs (poss. phys releases):

Borderlands 2
The Sly Collection
Disgaea 4
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars
One Piece:Unlimited World s
Ratchet and Clank: Trilogy (not “official” yet)

Big Indies:(there are a ton of other indies coming out this year!)
Cosmic Star Heroine
Minecraft
Velocity 2X
Rogue Legacy
Hell Divers
Frozen Synapse
Galak-Z
Mercenary Kings
Cloudberry Kingdom
Assault Android Cactus
Starbound
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Good enough for now. I need a 64GB card :(

kunonabi

if i were a vita owner owner i'd grab danganronpa, oreshiki, and akiba's trip from that list. If vita tv gets announced here and can run them i'll probably jump in.

AlexBasch

Like I said in another thread. Here's hoping Konami announces a PES Vita game. Release it for 19.99 or maybe 29.99 in the PSN store and I'll be there day one.

robotnik

My list:
Conception II (?)
Demon Gaze (pre-ordered)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth (?)
Danganronpa 2
Disgaea 4 (?)
Mind Zero (?)
Tales of Hearts R
One Piece:Unlimited World
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
XBlaze

I want more news on Legend of Raven, there's been no word for months, is it still coming?
Was really looking forward to it, looked like a cross between Third Strike and KOF.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
As it should be on every console. Japanese games are better.

I'm gonna go ahead and say hell no to that. Western games over Japanese games all day long. Most of the time. If every system had the same outlook as Vita retail wise I wouldn't play any retail games. I actually don't give a shit about any of the recent JP retail game announcements. What's keeping the Vita a great system is the indies. That plus remote play will allow us to play the big PS4 retail games. But mostly the indies.

Conception II
Demon Gaze
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth
Hatsune Miku- Project Diva 2
Danganronpa 2
Disgaea 4
Tales of Hearts R
Atelier Ayesha (not “official” yet possible Rorona too)
Freedom Wars
Akiba's Trip 2

Holy crap, I'm interested in all those games and I didn't knew they were so much, this is amazing.

I'm gonna go ahead and say hell no to that. Western games over Japanese games all day long. Most of the time. If every system had the same outlook as Vita retail wise I wouldn't play any retail games. I actually don't give a shit about any of the recent JP retail game announcements. What's keeping the Vita a great system is the indies. That plus remote play will allow us to play the big PS4 retail games. But mostly the indies.

That other poster started it but really we don't need this discussion haha, I'm not interested in a single Indie game on the Vita and I love it for example, so I understand that opinion.

Let's just all be happy that Japanese and Indie games are getting released on the Vita constantly, it's awesome.

fek

I'll take Demon Gaze, Nep PP, Nep Rebirth, Diva f2 (waiting import to arrive), Danganronpa 2, Ayesha/Rorona, Oreshika, Akiba's Trip 2 (already have jp version but will buy again).
Will also import stuff like Love Live (maybe all 3 versions, still waiting for info), IA/VT Colorful and Hotaru no Nikki. Great year overall.

FluxWaveZ

That's... a lot of games.

I'll be getting Conception II tomorrow and I absolutely need Danganronpa 2. I'm sure I'll be getting a whole lot of other games this year, like the recently confirmed Oreshika.

Varaladis

I just got my vita and have been playing a ton of project diva f. I've wanted to play it for a while and it's better than I expected. Also played gravity rush on a friend's and it's absolutely my favorite game on the system. So i'm really pumped for the sequel.

Out of OP list:
Danganronpa 2 (gotta play the first)
Soul Sacrifice Delta (only tried the demo for 1. Should I just wait for the sequel?)

Although I don't know much about a lot of the games so I will definitely be looking at them. This system is real good.

FirLocke

Definitely: Velocity 2X and Hyper Light Drifter.

Probably: Freedom Wars, Cosmic Star Heroine

Interested in many others too though, like Galak-z.

Ponn

Banned
Perfectly happy with that list and will add to my backlog I do unfortunately realize that jrpg gaming has become niche so can undestand why that list wouldnt be appealing to many. If i was still working retail and someone asked me if they should buy a Vita my first question would have to be "Do you like jrpgs?"

18-Volt

I love my handheld, I think I'm literally gonna buy every single Vita release (except shovelware, of course). Yes, every. Single. Game.

I'm hoping for localizations for these this year:

Sen No Kiseki
Firely's Diary
Samurai Warriors 4
Atelier Ayesha
Operation Abyss
God Eater 2
J-Stars Victory
Stranger of the Sword Village
IA/VT
Moero Chronicle
Corpse Party 3
and chances are pretty slim but, Phantasy Star Nova

Phamit

Danganronpa 2 and Hotline Miami 2 are the only must buys for the vita fo me

I need to take a closer look on Freedom Wars,Oreshika, God of War, Tales of Hearts and Mind Zero before i decide if I am buying on of those

On some of the other games I am just not interested at the moment or I am buying them for an different platform

Too many throwaway games in your list. You're better than this!

throwaway? I'm interested in them, not saying I want them all day 1 or anything but I might end up playing them.

Shut up and go play EO3!

The games I'd get day 1 would be:

Demon Gaze
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth (I really want to see how they fixed one of the worst games of all time)
Danganronpa 2
Atelier Ayesha + (If it has JP VAs)

I still think that's a good list.

I love my handheld, I think I'm literally gonna buy every single Vita release (except shovelware, of course). Yes, every. Single. Game.

Sen No Kiseki
Firely's Diary
Samurai Warriors 4
Atelier Ayesha
Operation Abyss
God Eater 2
J-Stars Victory
IA/VT
Moero Chronicle
Corpse Party 3

Corpse Party Blood Drive and IA/VT Colorful is what i want the most.

And of course Shinovi Versus, but thats pretty much a lock

Sen No Kiseki
Firely's Diary
Samurai Warriors 4
Atelier Ayesha
Operation Abyss
God Eater 2
J-Stars Victory
IA/VT
Moero Chronicle
Corpse Party 3

J stars victory what?! Don't play with my emotions like that.. Btw namco should localize gundam seed

Tapejara

Gonna get a bunch if games off of those lists, but the most important ones for me are the Neptunia games and Danganronpa 2.

Also, OP, I think you forgot Monster Monpiece and The Swapper.

Cornbread78

Gonna get a bunch if games off of those lists, but the most important ones for me are the Neptunia games and Danganronpa 2.

Also, OP, I think you forgot Monster Monpiece and The Swapper.

But, Monster Monpiece is a card based game, lol... (I'll add it) I'm not sure about The Swapper though, I don't think I have heard of it before

Conception II
Demon Gaze
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
God of War Collection
Borderlands 2
The Sly Collection
Vita Pets (lol)
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Danganronpa 2
Disgaea 4
Mind Zero
Tales of Hearts R (need, need, need, need)
Atelier Ayesha (not “official” yet possible Rorona too)
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Freedom Wars
One Piece:Unlimited World
The Wolf Among Us 1-4
Ratchet and Clank: Trilogy (not “official” yet)
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
XBlaze
Akiba's Trip 2
Natural Doctrine
Duke Nukum

Bolded are ones I have interest in. Also, add to that the already released titles this year: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (I have yet to pick this up, stupid me), and Deception IV (Also have yet to pick this up). So yeah, the Vita's looking to have one hell of a solid year!

EDIT: Gravity Rush 2 has yet to get any info, but I'm really excited about that it!

Cornbread78

Bolded are ones I have interest in. Also, add to that the already released titles this year: Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (I have yet to pick this up, stupid me), and Deception IV (Also have yet to pick this up). So yeah, the Vita's looking to have one hell of a solid year!

I left off the already released ones and focused on the unreleased games to this point.
So if I posted my paypal e-mail address, can I get everyone to donate some money to pay for all these? I'll redistribute once I'm done with each one, lol.

I left off the already released ones and focused on the unreleased games to this point.
So if I posted my paypal e-mail address, can I get everyone to donate some money to pay for all these? I'll redistribute once I'm done with each one, lol.

Oh I realized that, I was just taking a look at the whole year in general to just get a really good sense at how the Vita has been lately and how it's looking to be in the near future. It's surprisingly impressive.

hohoXD123

Sen No Kiseki
Firely's Diary
Samurai Warriors 4
Atelier Ayesha
Operation Abyss
God Eater 2
J-Stars Victory
IA/VT
Moero Chronicle
Corpse Party 3

We can dream :(

Sacrimoni

Banned
The first thing I notice when I look at that list- in the "big companies" category, there isn't a single US game that isn't a port of something that's been out on other things for a while

Bin-go

Although there's a few monster hunter clones on there as well

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Murasaki Baby has been right at the top of my list since it was announced. I just love how fucking creepy it looks. And I mean creepy as in "why the fuck are looking at me in that way, weirdo?" creepy, not creepy like "that shit is scary" creepy.

Creepy.

Stop reading this post you freak

beason52

Neo Member
What the hell has Sony Bend been up to....what a waste of a developer at this point

edit: just saw they are making a ps4 game. damn it sony

Top Bottom