• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 World Cup Group Draw |OT| A Global Audience for Ball Cupping

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

1459885_671082409591982_321677062_n.jpg

Same in 2006 I believe. Ghana has been US kryptonite, though the US team is playing a lot better than they were in 2010, IMO. I think for G it's Germany and USA advancing.

Ghana has a very young team look at what they did to egypt to get here, usmnt should be very worried

IceCold

Hopefully Portugal having Germany in its group will motivate them to do good. They seem to only do well when under pressure. The rest of the teams stand no chance against The Commander.

I wouldn't call Italy the best of the group when Uruguay is right there too, remember this is played on South American ground, native teams are at least 2 times harder.
Well that's a factor, and they have stellar forwards in Suarez and Cavani, but Italy's midfield and defence are on a whole different level. Needless to say, winning against England in the opening match could prove crucial.

kmax

This was Switzerlands qualifying group:

Switzerland
Iceland
Slovenia
Norway
Albania
Cyprus

This is Switzerlands world cup group:

Swizerland
Honduras
France
Ecuador

120717045214-blatter-17-07-horizontal-gallery.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ghana has a very young team look at what they did to egypt to get here, usmnt should be very worried

It doesn't even matter how good the team is -- US always loses to Ghana. So even the other "bad" team in the group is the absolute worst possible for the US. Brutal but at least expectations will be rock bottom so any results whatsoever will be pleasant surprises.

BoerBert

Sure but not as good as Spain or Netherlands, every group will have some tough matches but clearly those 2 are the favorites in this group.

I think Chile and Netherlands both have two or three excellent/world class players who will decide which team wins. Let's hope Robben and Van Persie are in top form that day ;).

Joseca

Banned
Argentina is easily on quarterfinals. My bet is that they're going to play against Portugal if they get to the next round as second place of group G.
I just want a Messi-CR7 WC match :(

That England game is going to be so tough. England and Italy the class of the group. I think the conditions may favor italy as that first game is being played in the hottest most humid part of Brazil.

yyzjohn

Banned
That England game is going to be so tough. England and Italy the class of the group. I think the conditions may favor italy as that first game is being played in the hottest most humid part of Brazil.

Uruguay is no pushover. I think England is the team in trouble here.

SkylineRKR

Lovely draw for us, Holland.

Immediately the Final of 2010. And then 2 good but beatable opponents. And then possibly Brazil again. Holland vs Brazil are always among the best games.

Arjen

Spain isn't making it out of their group, mark my words, by now it's pretty we'll known how to beat them, pressure them from the start on their midfield. Both Chile and Netherlands are capable of doing that.

Oozer3993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtT0imwdCQ

For you, it was the day Germany destroyed your dreams. For us, it was Friday.

I actually remember that game, honestly that whole 2002 run was one of our worst, yet somehow still successful world cup performances. A lot has changed since then on both sides.

I'm convinced that if the ref actually calls the hand ball on the goal line late in the game, the US would have won in extra time. It's been 11 years, and that play still haunts me.

BoerBert

Portugal is too dependant on Ronaldo and the Dutch made a terrible impression in the Euros, no chemistry whatsoever.

Don't underestimate Chile and Ghana.

I think the chemistry has become way better already. That's not the real problem. I'm afraid the team is still too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom