• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 World Cup Group Draw |OT| A Global Audience for Ball Cupping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

nb91Reu.gif

I did not make this

LAM09

That's because Cocu is a terrible coach.

LOL! I don't know that as I ain't a PSV follower, but there results have been poor. Surely the defence is to blame, and three of their starting defenders could be starters for Holland according to a few.

Firemind

LOL! I don't know that as I ain't a PSV follower, but there results have been poor. Surely the defence is to blame, and three of their starting defenders could be starters for Holland according to a few.

When you don't have the ball, you defend with everyone, pressure and try to take it back as quickly as possible. That's the idea of possession football (aka total football). The CBs aren't always to blame.

PSV just so happens to have a shit coach who can't put a proper organisation in place, has no clue how to create chances and has no clinical finishers to his disposal.

Otherwise, Vlaar and BMI are the other CB pair, and Blind will have to move to fullback position. I'd have preferred Vertonghen and Kompany, but you can't have it all.

LAM09

When you don't have the ball, you defend with everyone, pressure and try to take it back as quickly as possible. That's the idea of possession football (aka total football). The CBs aren't always to blame.

PSV just so happens to have a shit coach who can't put a proper organisation in place, has no clue how to create chances and has no clinical finishers to his disposal.

Otherwise, Vlaar and BMI are the other CB pair, and Blind will have to move to fullback position. I'd have preferred Vertonghen and Kompany, but you can't have it all.

Looks like he didn't learn much under Bert van Marwijki then. LOL!

Netherlands always seem to have a weak defence in recent times, but you did have the glory days in regards to those positions in the 90's and early 00's.

Showaddy

God damn at my family thinking England have an easy group because they never watch football. Me sitting there for like 15 minutes trying to explain to them who of Suarez & Pirlo are...

U.S. usually performs well when the expectations are low. It's not much being the best team in CONCACAF, but the way they have dominated the competition suggests to me that our boys are ready. As ready as they ever will be.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I really don't see the problem, England can beat any of the other teams in that group, if you want the world cup you have to beat everyone but that's not to say that having an accessible group doesn't help like in the case of Argentina :D

Bryan Oviedo against England in Brazil.

Everton_Oviedo.gif

BELIEVE!

We are nothing special, but we are not that bad either. I just hope we can sour one of the three opponents WC. :p

alejob

I actually think there will be a lot of surprises in this world cup. Australia is used to playing south of the equator for one. lol!

No but really I think traditional european super powers won't have it as easy playing in South America.

Wes

venison crêpe
ENGLAND V ITALY HAS BEEN MOVED FORWARD 3 HOURS.

That'll be 11pm British time. Got to think about the money eh Fifa!

Azuran

Banned

FIFA is a joke.

They should move all the 1pm local times to later times. Does Blatter and friends even know how hot it gets in northern Brazil?

The FA, the FGIC, and each country's respective media rights holders were lobbying for this. It's not like only one side was favored over the other.

So, what's the problem?

ugh, Rogers Sportsnet gets to broadcast the World Cup in Canada. Fuck me, I have to shell out money to subscribe to ''ROGERS'' for a month. I don't like giving money to these fools.
no choice.

Yo! Does anyone have the schedule available for the Eastern Timezone?

Wes

venison crêpe
The FA, the FGIC, and each country's respective media rights holders were lobbying for this. It's not like only one side was favored over the other.

So, what's the problem?

I'm not a fan of moving pre set schedules to benefit "media" but that's just aa personal point of view.

In terms of the players, well they'll have to play earlier in the afternoon so it'll be much hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom