• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team of:

Aaron Rodgers
Chris Ivory
Karlos Williams
Rishard Matthews
Allen Robinson
Gronk
Devonta Freeman
Bills Defense
SeaBass

vs

Peyton
Marshawn
Thomas Rawls (lol)
Jeremy Maclin
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith Sr
Jimmy Graham
Bengals Defense
Justin Tucker

If I fall to 0-4, I'm burning his house down.
Isn't Gronk on bye?

VoxPop

My team is in shambles. Trying to patch it up with some free agency pickups.

QB - Matthew Stafford, Joe Flacco (only picked up this week since Stafford is at SEA)
WR1 - Demaryius Thomas
WR2 - Steve Smith, Dez Bryant*, Rishard Matthews, Michael Craptree
RB1 - Demarco Murray
RB2 - Shane Vereen, Doug Martin, Christine Michael, Reggie Bush
TE - Greg Olsen
K - Justin Tucker
DEF - NY Jets

Would be nice if Christine Michael and Reggie Bush somehow became the starting backs for their respective teams :(

I'm in a bind due to Alshon Jeffery's injury. Who should I start at WR2? 0.5PPR 10-team league here:

Anquan Boldin (SF) vs. GB
Stevie Johnson (SD) vs. CLE
Rishard Matthews (MIA) vs. NYJ

Also, should I start any of these guys at FLEX over TJ Yeldon (JAC) vs. IND?

Miracle

Some choices at RB for my team this week.

Devonta Freeman
Joseph Randle
Melvon Gordon
Ryan Matthews

out of these 4, which 3 should I play and which one should I bench this week?

VoxPop

I'm in a bind due to Alshon Jeffery's injury. Who should I start at WR2? 0.5PPR 10-team league here:

Anquan Boldin (SF) vs. GB
Stevie Johnson (SD) vs. CLE
Rishard Matthews (MIA) vs. NYJ

Also, should I start any of these guys at FLEX over TJ Yeldon (JAC) vs. IND?

Anquan doesn't seem like a bad play in a shootout game. I normally would say Rishard but he's going to have Revis covering him in the London game.

Miracle said:
Some choices at RB for my team this week.

Devonta Freeman
Joseph Randle
Melvon Gordon
Ryan Matthews

out of these 4, which 3 should I play and which one should I bench this week?

Devonta, Randle and Gordon easily. DeMarco is most likely playing tomorrow. If he isn't, then I'd go Devonta, Randle, and Matthews.

Miracle

Devonta, Randle and Gordon easily. DeMarco is most likely playing tomorrow. If he isn't, then I'd go Devonta, Randle, and Matthews.

So is the Murray ruling a game time decision then? I've been struggling between Matthews and Gordon as well but hope to find out about Murray before the games start tomorrow.

VoxPop

So is the Murray ruling a game time decision then? I've been struggling between Matthews and Gordon as well but hope to find out about Murray before the games start tomorrow.

Yeah all signs are pointing to him playing unless something unforeseen happens. At least he plays at 1PM so you can sub him out for Gordon/Matthews if anything.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
really stuck between playing dalton and taylor... i know the upsides with both guys... i think either will be fine...

biggest dilemma is playing jeremy hill... :(

If I'm trying buy low on Antonio Brown, what caliber of player would I need to package with Calvin in order to not piss off the other owner?

The story you are trying to tell is "Here are two guys you can start right now and they make your lineup better." So Megatron subs for Brown, but what other spot does the guy need to improve?

Anquan doesn't seem like a bad play in a shootout game. I normally would say Rishard but he's going to have Revis covering him in the London game.

I agree. And also DeVante Parker will probably be taking on an increasingly bigger role.

At FLEX, should I play Yeldon over Stevie Johnson, you reckon? Issue is I am afraid the Jaguars will fall behind and abandon the run. But if I don't play Yeldon, I am afraid that he's going to break out in this game and finally reach the end zone. I played Stevie Johnson last week and regretted it - he was terrible, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

UberTag

At FLEX, should I play Yeldon over Stevie Johnson, you reckon? Issue is I am afraid the Jaguars will fall behind and abandon the run. But if I don't play Yeldon, I am afraid that he's going to break out in this game and finally reach the end zone. I played Stevie Johnson last week and regretted it - he was terrible, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.
I would play Yeldon... and, let me tell you something, I don't think the Jaguars fall behind in that game and abandon anything. I think the Colts are trash this year and it's not like Jacksonville has lost to a bad team or anything. They've lost to the Panthers and Patriots... both of whom are 3-0.

On top of that there's a decent chance Luck doesn't play... or, if he starts, plays the entire game. I'm leaning towards the favorites in most of my picks this week, but if I'm leaning towards an upset anywhere, it's there. And I don't care if the Colts have won something like 15 straight in that division. This isn't nearly the same Colts team.

My "I need an FA Player Who could carve out a big role" Pick Of The Week

Is San Francisco 49ers RB Reggie Bush... ah yes, how he had those kinda sorta ok years in New Orleans and had those couple big years in Detroit. Injured since Game 1 and seemingly forgotten when Carlos Hyde did his best impersonation of a RB1. Well Bush is healthy and Hyde remembered that he isn't a RB1. Keep in mind Bush actually is the passing down back and started the year getting more carries before getting hurt. The Niners are by no means a good team, which means Hyde will be losing alot of work since he doesn't really play passing downs when Bush is around. Say what you want about Reggie, but the dude was a receptions machine in space. Kap isn't that inaccurate in the 0-10 yards range that he'll miss Bush, and 5-8 carries and 4-6 receptions a game would make Bush flex-worthy at least. Green Bay is the perfect test (don't necessarily start him though) since the game should be over by the 3rd quarter, go out and nab Reggie Bush off the FA pile... before he gets hurt again.

Hazelhurst

ESPN Standard league (pick one for my flex spot):

Arian Foster
Karlos Williams (my current pick)
Matt Jones

Yahoo Standard league (Pick one for my W/R spot):

Percy Harvin (my current pick)
Marvin Jones
TJ Yeldon
Ryan Matthews, Alfred Blue, or Lance Dunbar (available on waiver wire) - I've got an open spot on my bench

UraMallas

Here's my team. Wondering about my RB situation. You guys like? It's a standard league.

SJQzHUY.png

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Here's my team. Wondering about my RB situation. You guys like? It's a standard league.

murrays got a long way to go i think. their two other rbs proved they can get the job done where murray has failed. im not saying the coaches will lose faith in murrray yet... but just watch out.

My "I need an FA Player Who could carve out a big role" Pick Of The Week

That is daring pick and a real sleeper, but I salute you for it. I wouldn't touch Reggie with a 10 foot pole right now, but you're right: The Niners will use him, Hyde is not invincible, and that's a team that has to throw. Just not feeling like a guy I would want to pick up unless I was in a league desperate for low end RB options.

Arian Foster
Matt Jones

Yahoo Standard league (Pick one for my W/R spot):

Percy Harvin (my current pick)
Marvin Jones
TJ Yeldon
Ryan Matthews, Alfred Blue, or Lance Dunbar (available on waiver wire) - I've got an open spot on my bench

Karlos. Plum matchup, no competition. HOWEVER, I am very antsy to start Arian Foster, so if he is ready to go tomorrow, and you don't have a far superior option...

I would probably start Yeldon. I like Harvin seeing those yards, but it's hard to ignore those guaranteed chances at the ball against a much laxer opponent than in previous weeks.

I'd play Ingram over Murray without a second thought. DeMarco has done nothing and the Redskins are no slouch on D. Ingram has produced steadily even when Brees was hurt.

UberTag

That is daring pick and a real sleeper, but I salute you for it. I wouldn't touch Reggie with a 10 foot pole right now, but you're right: The Niners will use him, Hyde is not invincible, and that's a team that has to throw. Just not feeling like a guy I would want to pick up unless I was in a league desperate for low end RB options.
I'm a bigger fan of HR's Reggie Bush endorsement than I was of his Victor Cruz endorsement. So that's something.

I would play Yeldon... and, let me tell you something, I don't think the Jaguars fall behind in that game and abandon anything. I think the Colts are trash this year and it's not like Jacksonville has lost to a bad team or anything. They've lost to the Panthers and Patriots... both of whom are 3-0.

On top of that there's a decent chance Luck doesn't play... or, if he starts, plays the entire game. I'm leaning towards the favorites in most of my picks this week, but if I'm leaning towards an upset anywhere, it's there. And I don't care if the Colts have won something like 15 straight in that division. This isn't nearly the same Colts team.

I agree, makes sense. Will play Yeldon.

However, I've got the Colts D (good turnover D so far this year) - think I should play another one? Afraid that Yeldon and Colts D will effectively be taking points off each other.

Arian Foster
Matt Jones
Foster may be rusty. Go with Karlos.

Williams is the future of the Bills. McCoy would only be the 3rd down back if they didn't pay so much money. Williams is out producing McCoy so much it's crazy.

Who should I use as my RB2 this week - Lamar Miller in London vs Jets or Ameer Abdullah in Seattle? I'm leaning Miller.

CJ Spiller in Dallas is also on option.

Luck is out, so now I have to choose between Eli, Tannehill, or Blake Bortles.....

I'm screwed

Yep. Eli still has the best floor, IMO - but I hate the matchup against BUF. And Tannehill just started his game.

I think given that Luck is out, the Jags will try to establish the run and keep pounding it in if they don't fall behind (which is looking less likely)

Luck is out. Definitely playing Yeldon now.

However, I have the Colts D - should I drop it?

Depends how you feel about the Jags. But certainly the Jags can play a much closer game now. I think you can still use the Colts D, I just don't expect them to put up 15 pts

Depends how you feel about the Jags. But certainly the Jags can play a much closer game now. I think you can still use the Colts D, I just don't expect them to put up 15 pts

Fair point - but I am playing Yeldon. I hate playing a D/ST playing against one of my offensive players.

Otherwise, Raiders, Browns and Chargers D/ST are still available. They have relatively favorable matchups.

What do you think?

Got Marshall and Ivory playing. This game is starting out quite corking!

Good thing I dropped the Dolphins D/ST. Terrible unit and I still don't see why ESPN is projecting so many points for that unit.

Fair point - but I am playing Yeldon. I hate playing a D/ST playing against one of my offensive players.

Otherwise, Raiders, Browns and Chargers D/ST are still available. They have relatively favorable matchups.

What do you think?

Raiders. Raiders. Raiders. Scares me to start their defense but the Bears are that bad. You'll either get hurt Cutler or horrible Clausen.

182Ways

With Luck out now I'm debating whether to flex Moncrief today. My other option is Gio Bernard. I wish Cincy would just come out and tag him as the starter - would make it so much easier on me every week.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
With Luck out now I'm debating whether to flex Moncrief today. My other option is Gio Bernard. I wish Cincy would just come out and tag him as the starter - would make it so much easier on me every week.

Ugh. I didn't even think about that. I don't have any good options to flex him with. Probably just going to have to tough it out and hope for the best.

Lynch is gonna ruin my morning. I have an option of sims or jennings. I'm so pissed. Didn't even pick lynch the fucking thing auto drafted him. AND I HAD THE #1 pick

Vesmir

Banned
Lynch is gonna ruin my morning. I have an option of sims or jennings. I'm so pissed. Didn't even pick lynch the fucking thing auto drafted him. AND I HAD THE #1 pick
My Yahoo league did the same thing. Now I have to decide between him, Alfred Morris or David Johnson. Ugh.

With luck out do I risk Gore? I have Bernard as my flex and I have C Johnson on the bench who sounds like he's going to be the #1 still.

Not sure if Luck being out means Gore sees more touches, or if it will matter if they just focus on run D now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Marshall and Ivory have more than made up for my mistake in picking up Maxx Williams for Thursday's game. And we still have more than a quarter left!

I might actually win this week.

POZeZiZ.png

Marshall and Ivory have more than made up for my mistake in picking up Maxx Williams for Thursday's game. And we still have more than a quarter left!

I might actually win this week.

POZeZiZ.png

Nice! I'm so glad I dropped the Miami D this week....that said, if the Eagles D sucks against Washington, it's a wash. But damn - wtf is going on with Miami this year?

UberTag

Nice! I'm so glad I dropped the Miami D this week....that said, if the Eagles D sucks against Washington, it's a wash. But damn - wtf is going on with Miami this year?
There's a wholesale revolt against the coaching staff.
Sell all of your Dolphins for pennies on the dollar. They're seafood.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Tyrod Taylor or Matt Ryan? I know Ryan is going to have at least 2 touchdowns today, but Taylor might match that and have the rushing yards/TD.

Milabrega

With Luck out I now have 1 of my first 5 round picks (Emmanuel Sanders) still playing which QB to start:

Mallet, Foles, Kaepernick, Bridgewater or Wheedon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom