• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apath

Someone in my league is shopping Ingram and I am very week on RB (Karlos Williams, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Tevin Coleman, Matt Jones), but outside of my lower end WR, there is no one I want to give up:
- Antonio Brown
- AJ Green
- Keenan Allen
- Donte Moncrief
- Anquon Boldin

I currently have both Spiller and Sproles on my bench, but because of the Lynch injury I'm also carrying Rawls (with Lynch on my bench). I now have too many RBs on my bench and will need to dump one so I can make some bye week moves. Any recommendations on whether I should drop Spiller or Sproles (or both)? Spiller seems to be doing a whole lot of nothing (minus the OT TD last night) but might catch on soon, so I'm wary to drop him to make room. And Sproles is a nice big play option, but only really had one good week. I can hang onto them for another week or so, but then have some annoying bye weeks coming up where I'll need to make room for temp guys.

Someone in my league is shopping Ingram and I am very week on RB (Karlos Williams, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Tevin Coleman, Matt Jones), but outside of my lower end WR, there is no one I want to give up:
- Antonio Brown
- AJ Green
- Keenan Allen
- Donte Moncrief
- Anquon Boldin

Allen for Ingram seems pretty fair.

Dazzler

Sick of DeMarco Murray stinking up my RB1 slot, trading him today if I can get a decent offer

Picked up Hankerson and Sneed off waivers this week, both worked out brilliantly

Edwardo

Kky0tK8.png

Damn, my receivers really went off this week all across the board. Hehe idk if they can keep up that level of production though.

So after playing my studs for 3 weeks and being let down, I decide to get cute and play some sleepers. Well it blew up in my face.
0-4
Fuck. It also doesn't help that I have the most points against out of any team in the league.

toneroni

If you got the room to stash Doug Martin it could pay off if he gets it going. I did the same.

Good call, i stashed him and he had a good week.
Was going to do the same with Vincent Jackson over Boldin but didn't and look what happened lol.

CJ and Rishard had tough weeks so it seems like I made a good trade so far.

Kky0tK8.png

Damn, my receivers really went off this week all across the board. Hehe idk if they can keep up that level of production though.

Yep. Your crappy WRs performed 4 - 5 points better than projection ;)

If you're not doing well in your league I think you should consider packaging up JC or Lev Bell and get a stud WR, and then hope to role Duke Johnson and the one you don't trade, plus maybe a middle-tier guy. If you're winning then stick with this team, but if you're not, then consider trying to nab a solid WR + middle-tier RB for Charles maybe. Like a Julian Edelman + Latavius Murray type deal. Maybe throw in one of your WRs to sweeten it. Or, if somebody would due a JC for a real stud like AJ Green. I think you need a consistent, solid performer at WR or else you'll constantly be playuing the "who to sit / who to start" game with guys like Royal, Ginn, and Wallace, who are very capable of putting up zeroes.

Darkman M

My Squad consist of

Antonio Brown
Dmayrius Thomas
Carlos Hyde
Latavius Murray
Andy Dalton

And I barley score over 50 points, utterly pathetic.

toneroni

So after playing my studs for 3 weeks and being let down, I decide to get cute and play some sleepers. Well it blew up in my face.
0-4
Fuck. It also doesn't help that I have the most points against out of any team in the league.

Whats your team?
I'm 1-2 so far with a chance to drop to 1-3 if Jimmy Graham doesn't outscore Abdullah.
Sucks since I've had high point totals too.

TE - I'd go with Clay since he's hot or Eifert depending on matchup. These TEs are available?

graffix13

Is Cooks ever going to be targeted regularly in a game? I'm getting restless with him and he doesn't meet projections. I may just leave him on the bench or drop him soon.

Same. Cooks is killing my team. I think he's going on the bench next week and will remain there (and watch him blow up).

I'm down by 26 but still have Megatron and Rawls going. He has Seattle Kicker. I don't feel good about it.

Whats your team?
I'm 1-2 so far with a chance to drop to 1-3 if Jimmy Graham doesn't outscore Abdullah.
Sucks since I've had high point totals too.

Rivers, Megatron, Mike Evans, Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Olsen, Yeldon, Haushka, Denver defense.

Tell me how that is a fucking 0-4 team! lol I can't even...

Edwardo

Yep. Your crappy WRs performed 4 - 5 points better than projection ;)

If you're not doing well in your league I think you should consider packaging up JC or Lev Bell and get a stud WR, and then hope to role Duke Johnson and the one you don't trade, plus maybe a middle-tier guy. If you're winning then stick with this team, but if you're not, then consider trying to nab a solid WR + middle-tier RB for Charles maybe. Like a Julian Edelman + Latavius Murray type deal. Maybe throw in one of your WRs to sweeten it. Or, if somebody would due a JC for a real stud like AJ Green. I think you need a consistent, solid performer at WR or else you'll constantly be playuing the "who to sit / who to start" game with guys like Royal, Ginn, and Wallace, who are very capable of putting up zeroes.

I should win this week, and that'll put me at 2-2. If I lost this week I was definitely going to pursue trying to trade either Bell or Charles. Before this week, I was the highest in Points Against (389.34) and the third lowest Points For (291.08). I also didn't have LeVeon Bell for two weeks, so that factors in a little.

I posted a few days back that one team wanted Julius Thomas and someone like Ginn, for Eifert and possibly Decker. He told me he considered hitting accept a few times, but couldn't do it because he wouldn't have a tight end. So he wants to wait until Thomas comes back.

Someone in my league actually dropped Antonio Gates and I was able to grab him off waivers Sunday morning. Now that I have Gates to replace Green I'm thinking I can re-offer the trade, but go for just Decker straight up. He also has Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, but I doubt he'd give up either. Obviously not Brown.

I could always hold onto Julius Thomas and possibly flex him if he does well in Jacksonville, but that won't help my WR problem. It also adds to the "who to start" problem if Duke Johnson ends up performing well. This was only the first week he put up good numbers, so we'll have to see what's going on with the Browns' backfield going forward.

Here's my full lineup:
Hwttcub.png

This is a weird roster. Did you trade all your good WRs for Bell or something?

Charles and Bell were my keepers from last year. I had a crappy draft this year, which isn't usually the norm for me.

Who's the better lottery ticket right now? Robert Turbin, Christine Micheal, or Ahmad Bradshaw?

In that the odds of success are 1/67,000,000 for all of them, I don't think it matters.

Of these three:
Robert Turbin has the highest floor. He actually gets snaps in a productive offense.
Ahmad Bradshaw is still technically unemployed and unless he's signed by Indy I can't see him learning a new playbook and playing. If he's signed by Indy I think he's got value as a handcuff to Gore and will get touches in a spell role.
Christine Michael has the highest ceiling, but there's a good chance he just doesn't play at all and even if he does, he's not good.

Of those three, I'd take a flyer on Christine Michael. Also because in Madden last year, I turned him into a 99ovr running back for the Vikings 3 years in after trading Peterson for draft picks.

UberTag

Who's the better lottery ticket right now? Robert Turbin, Christine Micheal, or Ahmad Bradshaw?
Of the 3? Michael. That said, I would not at all be surprised to see him do very little this season although Dunbar going down should afford him some more opportunities.

I should win this week, and that'll put me at 2-2. If I lost this week I was definitely going to pursue trying to trade either Bell or Charles. Before this week, I was the highest in Points Against (389.34) and the third lowest Points For (291.08). I also didn't have LeVeon Bell for two weeks, so that factors in a little.

I posted a few days back that one team wanted Julius Thomas and someone like Ginn, for Eifert and possibly Decker. He told me he considered hitting accept a few times, but couldn't do it because he wouldn't have a tight end. So he wants to wait until Thomas comes back.

Someone in my league actually dropped Antonio Gates and I was able to grab him off waivers Sunday morning. Now that I have Gates to replace Green I'm thinking I can re-offer the trade, but go for just Decker straight up. He also has Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, but I doubt he'd give up either. Obviously not Brown.

I could always hold onto Julius Thomas and possibly flex him if he does well in Jacksonville, but that won't help my WR problem. It also adds to the "who to start" problem if Duke Johnson ends up performing well. This was only the first week he put up good numbers, so we'll have to see what's going on with the Browns' backfield going forward.

Here's my full lineup:
Hwttcub.png

Charles and Bell were my keepers from last year. I had a crappy draft this year, which isn't usually the norm for me.

If your bud is thinking of trading you Eifert & Decker for Julius Thomas & Ted Ginn Jr, make this trade immediately. Eifert is worlds better than Thomas, Decker is reasonably better than Ginn.

Sounds like this guy will make bad trades, so you could probably get Antonio Brown for Charles, and then maybe Eifert for Thomas or Decker for Ginn Jr.

gutshot

What do you guys think of this potential trade?

Giving up:
J. Forsett, RB
A. Brown, WR

Getting:
J. Charles, RB
J. Matthews, WR

My starting receivers after the trade would be Hopkins, Matthews, Watkins/Crabtree. My RBs would be Charles, Ivory/Hyde.

UberTag

Giving up:
J. Forsett, RB
A. Brown, WR

Getting:
J. Charles, RB
J. Matthews, WR

My starting receivers after the trade would be Hopkins, Matthews, Watkins/Crabtree. My RBs would be Charles, Ivory/Hyde.
Seems fair to me. If you've got bench space to spare, scoop up Knile Davis if he's on the wire as a handcuff.
(Actually, it seems like Knile has fallen out of favor in KC. They should try and deal him, IMO.)

I currently have both Spiller and Sproles on my bench, but because of the Lynch injury I'm also carrying Rawls (with Lynch on my bench). I now have too many RBs on my bench and will need to dump one so I can make some bye week moves. Any recommendations on whether I should drop Spiller or Sproles (or both)? Spiller seems to be doing a whole lot of nothing (minus the OT TD last night) but might catch on soon, so I'm wary to drop him to make room. And Sproles is a nice big play option, but only really had one good week. I can hang onto them for another week or so, but then have some annoying bye weeks coming up where I'll need to make room for temp guys.

Maybe not the best advice, but similarly I'm finally bringing myself to dump Sproles this week.

He's great, but like a NE RB, just not consistent enough to play every week. I need stability in my life!

h3ro

So I need 21 points tonight and have the option of Rawls and Jimmy Graham for my flex.

What do you guys say?

UberTag

So I need 21 points tonight and have the option of Rawls and Jimmy Graham for my flex.

What do you guys say?
If you're in a PPR format, you should be fine.
If you're in a standard format... could be dicey.

Oh wait... you have to choose between only one of those guys? Ick... well, ummm... ick.

h3ro

If you're in a PPR format, you should be fine.
If you're in a standard format... could be dicey.

Oh wait... you have to choose between only one of those guys? Ick... well, ummm... ick.

Exactly.

I'm leaning towards Graham but I don't know. Might flip a coin before kickoff.

UberTag

Exactly.

I'm leaning towards Graham but I don't know. Might flip a coin before kickoff.
With a 21-point deficit, you're pretty much looking for who has the biggest potential to score multiple touchdowns. So your focus needs to be on what Seattle is doing in the red zone and how effective they've been at executing.

They haven't been running it in... I can tell you that much.

Seattle had 3 TDs in the first game against the Rams - one defensive score, one special teams score and the last was a red zone passing TD to Graham.
Seattle had 2 TDs in their second game against the Packers - both red zone passing TDs (one to Fred Jackson, one to Doug Baldwin).
Seattle had 2 TDs in their third game against the Bears - one special teams and another passing TD to Graham.

That's no rushing TDs after three weeks. Not from Lynch or Wilson. There's little reason to expect that to change tonight with Rawls. Graham is the correct play, IMO. Hope he gets the yardage from either Week 1 or 3 and an extra passing TD along with it (so 2 scores tonight in total). That's your best chance.

Giving up:
J. Forsett, RB
A. Brown, WR

Getting:
J. Charles, RB
J. Matthews, WR

Very solid trade. If I had Forsett I would definitely be selling high after the week he just had. Brown is obviously still a stud but will probably lose a little value with bryant back in the mix this week.

UberTag

Are the Seahawks undefeated this year? This MNF crew are acting like they are.
They have won a single game... against the 1-3 Bears (whose only win was a 2-point home victory over the Raiders - yesterday).
Seattle isn't that good. But Detroit is infinitely worse.

shanafan

They have won a single game... against the 1-3 Bears (whose only win was a 2-point home victory over the Raiders - yesterday).
Seattle isn't that good. But Detroit is infinitely worse.
Did they just call Russell Wilson a back-to-back NFC QB champion? What is that? lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Game in my league is currently sitting at a 0.30 margin of victory. Wonder what stat corrections we might see in the morning.

NateDrake

I was up by about 30 going into tonight but my opponent had Jimmy G, Kearse, and Hauschka. I had Seattle defense. I won by 4.7. I thought Kearse was going for the TD towards the end of the game and was like "Shit....I just lost."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom