• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
would love some advice this week. Thanks!

1/2 ppr league

Looking for 2 WRs, 1 RB, and a Flex

Amari Cooper vs. Den
John Brown vs. Det
Leonard Hankerson vs. Was

Danny Woodhead vs. Pit
Andre Ellington vs. Det
Jeremy Hill vs. Sea
Brown, Hank Time, Woodhead, Ellington.
8 team standard, need 1 for flex

Frank Gore @HOU

Jeremy HIll vs. SEA

TJ Yeldon @TB

Thanks!
I'd take Gore. Houston getting gashed in the run game and avoiding Seattle Run D isn't a bad practice.

necrosis

think arian foster is healthy enough to where he would be worth starting over frank gore? everything i've read points to him getting a lion's share of the team's carries this week but i hesitate to roll the dice bc my record isn't ideal as it stands

With Steve Smith out do you guys think Kamar Aiken is due for a big game? Him and Tavon Austin are available in my league and I need to take a chance on someone.

With Steve Smith out do you guys think Kamar Aiken is due for a big game? Him and Tavon Austin are available in my league and I need to take a chance on someone.

not sure if hes due for a big game, but he should at least post up a ton of targets.

i'd roll him over Tavon Austin, personally

Can't decide on my RB2 this week...

J Randle (vs NE)
or
R Hillman (vs Oakland)

Also, my opponent (the commissioner) has CJ Anderson, so it'd be a special insult to roll out Hillman against him.

I never knew that Jamie Eisenberg and Jessie Eisenberg are cousins but it makes so much sense now when you think about how they both talk.

Edwardo

I have Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis. West is available. Should I pick up West and hold all 3 RBs? I'd most likely drop Ladarius Green since I have Antonio Gates too.

I've been presented a trade, and I need advice.

He is offering Julio Jones for Andrew Luck.

I have Blake Bortles as a backup QB (so I can somewhat sustain the drop in QB production), and I need a good WR. Thoughts?

In three years of playing nobody has ever offered me a good trade like that once. :(

I always get offered recent waiver wire pickups for my studs. Or someone who is trash but then has one great game for my studs.

UberTag

In three years of playing nobody has ever offered me a good trade like that once. :(

I always get offered recent waiver wire pickups for my studs. Or someone who is trash but then has one great game for my studs.
All that tells me is you play in a competent league with capable players.
If you win a league with idiots because they offer you can't miss trades like Julio for Luck, there's not much satisfaction in winning, IMO.

That isn't a good trade, the guy offering Jones is an idiot unless he has an amazing stable of WR to turn too.

4-0 in my league somehow which feels awesome, but with Rothlesberger out I'm not sure I can survive with Brown getting next to nothing each week.

Question is Seattle D vs Cincy or Jags D vs Interception Winston and the Bucs?

Seems crazy to sit Seattle D but the Bengals are firing on all cylinders especially if Hill doesn't fumble.

[KoRp]Jazzman;180993914 said:
That isn't a good trade, the guy offering Jones is an idiot unless he has an amazing stable of WR to turn too.

I checked his roster, he also has AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr and James Jones.

His QBs are Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr.

Dude loaded up on WRs in the draft and pretty much has crap outside of it.

UberTag

[KoRp]Jazzman;180993914 said:
Question is Seattle D vs Cincy or Jags D vs Interception Winston and the Bucs?

Seems crazy to sit Seattle D but the Bengals are firing on all cylinders especially if Hill doesn't fumble.
I would strongly entertain the idea. Seattle has been playing like trash all year long. Now expert consensus will tell you that starting the Seahawks on the road against Cincinnati is the smart play over Jacksonville. But I largely disagree with that assessment.

On paper Seattle's defense is still a Top 5 unit but that's largely inflated due to playing against an anemic Rams offense in Week 1 (a game they still managed to lose) and trash teams like a Jimmy Clausen-led Bears and the winless Lions. Now you're taking them on the road against Cincinnati... the 4th best offense in football right now behind the Cardinals, Patriots and Falcons. Seattle's D didn't exactly fare so hot on the road against the Packers. And no defense has done well against Cincy apart from Baltimore... and the Ravens were playing at home.

So it doesn't seem crazy to me at all.

With Brandon Marshall on bye should I start Anquan Boldin or pick up Tavon Austin of FA and hope for another explosive game?
I think Austin just because Colin Kapernick is having trouble hitting people from 5 yards away...
Can't decide on my RB2 this week...
J Randle (vs NE)
or
R Hillman (vs Oakland)

Also, my opponent (the commissioner) has CJ Anderson, so it'd be a special insult to roll out Hillman against him.
Probably Hillman and you hope for the home run, but I am partial to Randle... provided he doesn't act like a knucklehead... which is a losing prop.

So yeah, Hillman.

UberTag

[KoRp]Jazzman;181000210 said:
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, now let's watch them rattle 20+ points and shoot me to 5-0!

Thanks!
Really, the only thing I think should give you some pause on the decision is Seattle's special teams. I'm not a fan of their D but Lockett is legit and he's had two return TDs already.

Or at least that would give you pause if Cincy was in the habit of giving up special teams scores this season... which is something they haven't done.

Ok, I dropped Boldin for Willie Snead since Brandon Marshall has a bye this week, but now I see someone dropped John Brown. I also have Fitz on my team, it's probably not wise to start 2 receivers on the same team, right? Then again Arizona does love to throw the ball.

nillapuddin

So this guy in my league is going to be 0-4 after he loses today.

I want Brandon Marshall from him, advice?

ukX13K0.png

So that guy did lose, Marshall has a bye week, so think I should trade for him now, or wait until the guy is 0-5 and completely devoid of hope?

Probably Hillman and you hope for the home run, but I am partial to Randle... provided he doesn't act like a knucklehead... which is a losing prop.

So yeah, Hillman.

Thanks. I'm partial to Randle too, but the dude hasn't been getting any work past the 2nd quarter the past couple of weeks. The Cowboys RBC approach has just been odd.

Am I crazy with leaning on going with Cinci D against Seattle? I had planned on rolling with Colt D to exploit the typically low scoring shitfest that is Thur night football and against a porous Texans offense but between multiple defenders sitting out injured and Arian getting more heavily involved this game, there should be less Mallett fuckery. Atlanta is available and might be decent too but I feel like Cinci has the greatest potential with their sack rate versus the tissue paper the Chickens have for an OL. Plus, Seattle O is straight up struggling. Granted, Lynch will be back so it won't be as bad but still, don't expect Russel to fix his problems overnight and Cinci D is pretty decent.

UberTag

Am I crazy with leaning on going with Cinci D against Seattle? I had planned on rolling with Colt D to exploit the typically low scoring shitfest that is Thur night football and against a porous Texans offense but between multiple defenders sitting out injured and Arian getting more heavily involved this game, there should be less Mallett fuckery. Atlanta is available and might be decent too but I feel like Cinci has the greatest potential with their sack rate versus the tissue paper the Chickens have for an OL. Plus, Seattle O is straight up struggling. Granted, Lynch will be back so it won't be as bad but still, don't expect Russel to fix his problems overnight and Cinci D is pretty decent.
I don't see any problem with it. I mean, I wouldn't expect a repeat of the 6 sacks laid down by the Rams and Lions but Cincy should more than hold their own against them and possibly get a turnover or two. Only the Bears non-existent D has really been lousy against Seattle. They've been pretty generous even when Lynch was 100%.

I don't see any problem with it. I mean, I wouldn't expect a repeat of the 6 sacks laid down by the Rams and Lions but Cincy should more than hold their own against them and possibly get a turnover or two. Only the Bears non-existent D has really been lousy against Seattle. They've been pretty generous even when Lynch was 100%.

Yeah that's how I feel about it. The question is, does it make more sense to start them or Indy D? Because of Indy playing tomorrow night I have to decide soon.

Martavis Bryant is finally back but I'm not too excited to use him with Big Ben out. It's between him and John Brown as my flex. Brown hasn't had a boom game yet, but not really a bust either. He's been consistently average to below average so far this season. Martavis Bryant had a number of big catches in the preseason, including several from Vick in the 4th preseason game. John Brown seems to be the safer choice, but I really want to use Bryant now that he's finally back. No way I can use both since I already have Demaryius Thomas and Jeremy Maclin as my starters. Any thoughts on this?

nillapuddin

Martavis Bryant is finally back but I'm not too excited to use him with Big Ben out. It's between him and John Brown as my flex. Brown hasn't had a boom game yet, but not really a bust either. He's been consistently average to below average so far this season. Martavis Bryant had a number of big catches in the preseason, including several from Vick in the 4th preseason game. John Brown seems to be the safer choice, but I really want to use Bryant now that he's finally back. No way I can use both since I already have Demaryius Thomas and Jeremy Maclin as my starters. Any thoughts on this?

i read some article the other week that J Brown, although isnt getting the biggest numbers, is wreaking havok in the passing game

he has drawn the most PI calls and has like the most yards per target of any receiver in the league. FWIW, I have no idea.

UberTag

Yeah that's how I feel about it. The question is, does it make more sense to start them or Indy D? Because of Indy playing tomorrow night I have to decide soon.
I would stick with Cincy over Indy. Thursday night defenses are always tempting... especially with Houston's well-documented QB carousel. Indy's Achilles heel has been #2 receivers but they caught a break this week with Houston's #2 receivers all hitting the shelf at the same time. So unless the prospect of Keith Mumphery puts the fear of death in people, Indy should do fine in the passing game. I do think Foster will get a lot more work, though and Luck is no guarantee to play tomorrow either. I think the Bengals are still the safer play.

Your analysis is sound. Brown's the safer play. Bryant could explode on your bench... and if he does... you'll have more peace of mind to play him in future weeks whether Big Ben is healthy or not.

I'm going to play him this week instead of Harvin. Vick won't throw the long ball to him, but he's going to need options. Bryant is going to want to prove himself since he hasn't played at all this season. I don't know, my gut says to give him a shot.

i read some article the other week that J Brown, although isnt getting the biggest numbers, is wreaking havok in the passing game

he has drawn the most PI calls and has like the most yards per target of any receiver in the league. FWIW, I have no idea.

I've read the same thing, unfortunately we get nothing for pass interference even if it's a 40 yard penalty. Maybe Martavis with his size advantage can still catch those balls even if interfered with. I know whichever one I play, I'm going to be dread not playing the other thinking that they'll have that one big play for a TD that I will miss out on.

I picked the Bengals D off of waivers this week even though I root for the Seahawks. Either our offensive line figures out how to block or we give up another 4+ sacks. The fumbles were kind of flukey but I think Wilson is going to chuck a bunch of balls up fast that might get picked.

I've had them all year. They've served me fairly well.

I would stick with Cincy over Indy. Thursday night defenses are always tempting... especially with Houston's well-documented QB carousel. Indy's Achilles heel has been #2 receivers but they caught a break this week with Houston's #2 receivers all hitting the shelf at the same time. So unless the prospect of Keith Mumphery puts the fear of death in people, Indy should do fine in the passing game. I do think Foster will get a lot more work, though and Luck is no guarantee to play tomorrow either. I think the Bengals are still the safer play.

Your analysis is sound. Brown's the safer play. Bryant could explode on your bench... and if he does... you'll have more peace of mind to play him in future weeks whether Big Ben is healthy or not.
Yeah it's a certainty that Foster gets more carries which should cut down on turnover opportunities and if Luck doesn't play, a scary situation with Texans getting short field opportunities, especially since Hassel is sick. That third string QB ain't doing shit. That said, Luck traveled to Houston when the other injured Colts didn't and he's a tough son of a bitch so a decent shot he plays. Indy D just isn't that good though and I'd really be relying on the usual lackluster Thur night scoring and Texans O being bad. With Foster getting more involved, no guarantee with that. I'm just going to go with Cinci because it's a fact that Seattle's OL is tissue paper. Great opportunities for the Bengals D to make plays. Always nice to get another voice of reassurance, thanks.
Can't believe that my crappy team is some how 4-0.

Somehow I'm still surviving without Dez and Decker.
Because Freeman has been playing out of his mind. That dude has to come down to earth anytime now...Hopefully this week because I'm lucky to have gotten a win last week with Julio getting me 3 pts after that runfest...
I picked the Bengals D off of waivers this week even though I root for the Seahawks. Either our offensive line figures out how to block or we give up another 4+ sacks. The fumbles were kind of flukey but I think Wilson is going to chuck a bunch of balls up fast that might get picked.
Your OL will be bad all year, you just lack the talent and Graham could never block to save his life which is one of the reasons I felt the Graham trade made SEA worst though not the main reason but that's another topic. I'm not going to assume any fumbles will happen or even picks though I think one is realistic. It's the sacks I see coming and if they at least constantly pressure him which they should with that OL, there's opportunities for forcing bad passes that become picks or even forcing a fumble. Opportunities are what fantasy is all about.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Need some suggestions on my TE and FLEX positions, non-PPR.
I'm thinking of benching Graham and going with Eifert at TE and Brown in the Flex.
Still, Patriots vs Cowboys make this a tempting game to play Blount. Plus Karlos' status is still up in the air.

Starters
WR - Cobb
WR - Maclin
RB - Ingram
RB - Karlos Williams
TE -
FLEX-

Bench
WR - John Brown, Martavis Bryant
RB - Abdullah, LBlount
TE - Eifert, Graham.

UberTag

Yeah it's a certainty that Foster gets more carries which should cut down on turnover opportunities and if Luck doesn't play, a scary situation with Texans getting short field opportunities, especially since Hassel is sick. That third string QB ain't doing shit. That said, Luck traveled to Houston when the other injured Colts didn't and he's a tough son of a bitch so a decent shot he plays. Indy D just isn't that good though and I'd really be relying on the usual lackluster Thur night scoring and Texans O being bad. With Foster getting more involved, no guarantee with that. I'm just going to go with Cinci because it's a fact that Seattle's OL is tissue paper. Great opportunities for the Bengals D to make plays. Always nice to get another voice of reassurance, thanks.
With Vontae Davis now listed as questionable due to not practicing this week, I'm not even sure that Indy's D is even usable. He's like their only semi-competent defender.

Thoughts on this trade?

I already accepted since im bullish on the players im receiving and it would help me this week lots but I want to hear thoughts on it

I receive
P Manning
Eddy Lacy
Megatron
Eric Decker

And I give up
Big Ben
Brandon Marshall
Fitz
Devonte Freeman

I don't have much confidence on the players I have to keep up their production.

Hazelhurst

Thoughts on this trade?

I already accepted since im bullish on the players im receiving and it would help me this week lots but I want to hear thoughts on it

I receive
P Manning
Eddy Lacy
Megatron
Eric Decker

And I give up
Big Ben
Brandon Marshall
Fitz
Devonte Freeman

I don't have much confidence on the players I have to keep up their production.

Seems like a pretty fair deal. This is really about Freeman/Marshall for Lacy/Megatron. I know you've already accepted, but I'd accept this deal as well. Surely Freeman can't keep up this offensive production. Sell him high. I'd definitely nab Lacy for him if I could in a heartbeat.

Woke up half an hour ago to find out I just lost my week 4 games because of stat corrections. Amazing how it call came together for this moment. First the Saints kicker misses the game winning FG which allows Drew Brees(his QB) to throw a 80 yard TD pass in OT. Then Monday night I sit comfortably with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter while all he has left is a linemen. Linemen are the lowest scoring players on average. Somehow Ezekiel Ansah scores 12 points in the final quarter( some combination of tackles, sacks, force fumble, fumble recovery). So I sat there at the end of the day with a 1.1 point lead and dreaded the idea of losing once stat corrections rolls in. And it did happen, he was awarded 1 extra point for a tackle and I was deducted 1 extra point for a tackle.

First time this has happened in my league of 3 years and it had to happen to me. This has to be one of the shittiest ways to lose. Especially considering all the circumstances that led up to it happening.

Some dude in my league dropped LeSean Mccoy. Should I pick him up? I already have Karlos Williams.

And what about injured people to hold on to? Dez Bryant and Brandon Lafell are both sitting there...

Seems like a pretty fair deal. This is really about Freeman/Marshall for Lacy/Megatron. I know you've already accepted, but I'd accept this deal as well. Surely Freeman can't keep up this offensive production. Sell him high. I'd definitely nab Lacy for him if I could in a heartbeat.
Yeah, Lacy is great just hasn't gotten started yet. With this trade, it puts my team at

QB P Manning/Newton
RB1 J Charles
WR1 Megatron
WR2 Decker
FLX Lacy
FLX Chris Ivory
TE Greg Olsen

Bench
Brandin Cooks
Frank Gore
K Williams
A couple bench spots for bye week fill in

This is an 8 team ppr league so I'm gonna try to trade up some of my bench for a higher usage WR or receiving RB

Looks like a good trade to me. Just be mindful of the expected performance drop-off for Peyton late in the year.
Yeah, I really only need Peyton as a strong QB option since I have Newton as my back up QB. I'll play one or the other depending on their form or match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom