• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't get picked until near the bottom of the 9th round in my 12 team league. Nobody had any idea he hadn't been picked and everyone was shocked when it happened lol.

Edit: Looking back over my draft, god it was shit past the first 5 rounds. My only pick past those that have worked well has been Kendall Wright.

I remember. I kept seeing and shied away because I didn't trust him to stay healthy is all.

Jarnet87

Would you have trusted to start him? He just had his best game of the season. Can't wait to see how many fools pick him up after this game.

it definitely felt like they game planned a bit so he could show off, and the Texans didn't want to get burned by Hilton again. That 2nd touchdown to Andre was so telegraphed, knew it was coming. Played against Andre because the guy literally had nothing else, just laughed. There were times where it looked like the Texans cornerbacks were 10 yards off the receivers lol.

Beach

Should be a no brainer question but who would you pick between Jeremy Hill and CJ Spiller?

CJ has a really nice matchup with the Eagles and Hill has the Seahawks.

I'm satisfied with Foster's 11 points. I'm looking forward to his future production. It's nice to finally get to use him after drafting him in the 5th round of my 12 team ESPN league.

Yep. Expect more from Foster, the last two games have been basically his preseason and he was targeted heavily today.

Hope Moncrief gets more catches with Luck back in. Andre Johnson did well though

I firmly expect - and I'm not the only one - that Moncrief gets a ton of work next week. He's proven himself as the #2 WR in this offense, and even Hasselbeck looked for him a lot against the relatively normal pass defense of the Jags. This week was an Andre Johnson gameplan, and it worked because the Texans corners just could not cover.

Should be a no brainer question but who would you pick between Jeremy Hill and CJ Spiller?

CJ has a really nice matchup with the Eagles and Hill has the Seahawks.

Hill. No question. Forget the Seahawks, even if they limit Hill to 2 yards on 18 carries, Hill is the guy getting the redzone work. I'll take that every day over the guy who is only relevant because he had the Cowboys defense in overtime.

182Ways

Would it be crazy for me to trade Gio Bernard for Denver defense?

I have Lacy, Gore, and Dion Lewis, along with Carolina defense. I'm happy with all of them for the most part. The other guy has no decent backs - Jeremy Hill is his #1. Seems like we'd both profit.

UberTag

I have Lacy, Gore, and Dion Lewis, along with Carolina defense. I'm happy with all of them for the most part. The other guy has no decent backs - Jeremy Hill is his #1. Seems like we'd both profit.
I don't have a problem with it. Not crazy at all.

Yeah no kidding. With Dez out and Antonio Brown being MIA without big Ben... Julio is the cream of the crop for WR talent. Hopefully he accepted the trade before reality sets in and how much of an idiot he is for proposing the deal.

I accepted the trade, and then the league vetoed it (the league votes on all trades). Wonderful.

So...I need help again, WR2, I have Allen Hurns and Leonard Hankerson. Who should I start?

I'd go woodhead or CJ

Yep. I'd go CJ myself. Arians has basically shouted from the mountains every week he will go with the veteran and that's Chris Johnson. Plus, the team is 4-0. So may as well ride the hot hand until proven otherwise.

Why would you trade for another defense? Do you need one? I'd rather look at making a deal where Carolina and Gio go his way and you get Denver + something. This is a great help this week of course, but just gives you a logjam otherwise.

So...I need help again, WR2, I have Allen Hurns and Leonard Hankerson. Who should I start?

I guess Hurns is the better pick here since he's the deep threat. But I slightly prefer Hankerson because he's the obvious #2 on a team that can do nothing but score. I guess either option works.

My RB's are stacked and I'm wondering if I've got the right guys in. Also, any other notes would be nice because this is all pretty new to me:

Whatdo

LOL your team is so stacked the first thing I would do would be start thinking of offers to make to a Tom Brady owner. Or even better - a Big Ben owner. He's a lot cheaper right now so if you can get him and wait, you've got a solid QB1 for later.

I'm in a small (8 team) league, but I still have way, way too much RB talent on my team with Charles, Forte, Foster, Ingram, Yeldon and Ivory. I should really sell some of this but I'm not sure where I can even improve my team. I'm 4-0 right now and my team has been shit hot every week scoring the most points in the league. Meanwhile I've got guys in my league that are floundering at RB.

One of the guys in my league hurting the worst at RB is sitting on Gronk as his only real superstar and I'd love to try and get him. What's a fair offer for Gronk among all my RBs and/or either of my TEs (Gates and Charles Clay)?

How bad does he need TE? Because I would totally offer Ivory and Gates. Hell, if you want to go 2x RB I'd say Yeldon and Ivory.

I accepted the trade, and then the league vetoed it (the league votes on all trades). Wonderful.

Hurns is playing TB whose D is one of the worst and Jax seems like a pass happy offense from what ive seen so far. Id go with him. I have him on the bench and regret not starting him over Moncrief.

Hankerson might lose out on targets this week since Roddy got all pissy about being ignored this week. Ryan might force some balls into him to get him some catches.

My top 2 picks are out again this week (Luck and Lynch). Guess we'll try Bradford and Rawls this week....again. I thought I drafted a good team this year and nobody is performing well. Ugh.

The Steelers haven't removed him from the suspended list (and they can wait one week to do so.) It's virtually guaranteed we won't see him until at least Week 6.
Well, starting the hurt Crabtree over Bryant either way.

Quick, can boobie dixon be the surprise of the weekend? With lesean and karlos out, he's the guy.

prag16

Banned

That type of shit always grinds my gears. No trade should EVER be vetoed if there is no collusion. League vote is a horrible veto system. Only way to go is commish veto (but you have to have a fair and objective commish, which is sometimes easier said than done).

I like Hankerson this week I think, but neither should be terrible options.

Alright GAF...who sits and who starts between Hillman and Rawls for me tomorrow? (Yes, I know it's between a rock and a hard place, my running back situation sucks...)

sangreal

Lol just found out I got saved this week by the late ESPN stat correction on Murray in my local league. Can't believe it. The guy who beat me by 1 originally is pissed

gimmmick

Alright GAF...who sits and who starts between Hillman and Rawls for me tomorrow? (Yes, I know it's between a rock and a hard place, my running back situation sucks...)

Hillman. Justin Ellis is still out, and is a huge asset for the raiders defense when trying to stop the run.

RBH

• Cowboys DE Greg Hardy expected to start in return from suspension.
  • Bills WR Sammy Watkins is not expected to play today.
  • Falcons WR Julio Jones is expected to play, but hamstring issues are a concern.
  • Falcons RB Tevin Coleman returns to play today but Devonta Freeman is the starter.
  • Packers WR Davante Adams is not expected to play vs. Rams.
  • Jaguars TE Julius Thomas is expected to make his debut for Jaguars.
-Schefter

Worth it to put in Demarco Murray vs Saints this week over Isaiah Crowell vs Baltimore?

He's been playing like shit and always costs me, where as Crowell isn't very consistent either. Help fantasy gurus!

0.5 PPR league. Some tough decisions ahead:

TE: Witten over Julius Thomas? Hard to tell how Orange Julius will be performing in his first game back. Has he been rushed to play? Witten still looks like a must play given he's the only reliable guy Weeden has, despite the risks of Belichick taking Witten out of the game

WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: Kendall Wright

On WR1, I have to go with JJ despite the injury scare (hamstring). Any doubts? He burned me last game after all...
On WR2, tempted to play someone else. I have:
- Leonard Hankerson (but I hate to double down on a single team, despite the very good matchup)
- Allen Hurns (PPR monster as of recently)
- Alshon Jeffery (quite likely out - what a dud)

I reckon Wright looks like the best play at WR2 given how slot receivers have torched Buffalo in recent games, but am afraid the BUF defense will completely dominate this game (given the poor Titans O-Line). Otherwise, Hurns or Hankerson?

nillapuddin

Someone added then dropped Martavis Bryant in my league

is he worth pursuing over

James Jones, Travis Benjamin, John Brown, Anquan Boldin, TY Hilton, Desean Jackson

edit: went for it, kicked off Anquan, no ragrats

Edwardo

Would Julius Thomas for Willie Snead be a good deal? I already have Antonio Gates and need another WR. The previous trade I tried to make to sell Thomas fell through. Half ppr.

gutshot

Carlos Hyde vs NYG
Doug Martin vs JAX

Both are tied to shitty offenses but Hyde is the more talented back and is not in a committee. But Martin has the much better matchup. What do?

CatBert

Neo Member
Quick! Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer?? I have Palmer in right now but Ryan is projected for more. Palmer has been doing well for me, but Ryan is projected 6 points more this week and it's messing with my head.

Bench Julio Jones or keep active. He's starting but may be limited.

I have Brandin Cooks and Kendall Wright on bench. Vincent Jackson (I'm also unsure on him) and Keenan Allen as the other starters.

.5 points per reception league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom