• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sees 1st round pick Jamaal Charles out with probable ACL tear*

its-over-9000-dragon-ball-z-15689773-259-195.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, GAF, serious question. Is it finally time for me to bench Wilson for Dalton? Five weeks in a row now Wilson has been disappointing while Dalton has been on fire. Hell, not putting Dalton in this week has probably cost me my first loss of the season. =/

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still managed to demolish my game this week despite Jamaal Charles dying on me (RIP, I'm gonna miss U bae). Getting carried by Brady so hard. I got away with an actual crime drafting that dude in the 6th round.

wowzors

So fucked after Jamaal going down. Need some advice on running backs.

I have:
Giovanni Bernard
Ameer abdullah
Latavius murray
Charcandrick (picked up after Charles went down)
Jamaal Charles
Tevin Coleman

Dunno what to do with this mess anymore, I was killing it now I'm getting shit on.

Also who do I put at flex? I also have
Eric Decker
Leonard hankerson to consider for that.

UberTag

So fucked after Jamaal going down. Need some advice on running backs.

I have:
Giovanni Bernard
Ameer abdullah
Latavius murray
Charcandrick (picked up after Charles went down)
Jamaal Charles
Tevin Coleman

Dunno what to do with this mess anymore, I was killing it now I'm getting shit on.
What kind of league allowed you to pick up Charcandrick off the waiver wire post-injury?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Down by one point, but my opponent's team is done and I still have Carlos Hyde and Antonio Gates left to play. So unless they somehow massively shit the bed...still undefeated, woo!

nillapuddin

survived benching gio and eifert

jeeze

I have Gio - Dion and Gronk - Eifert

they are basically the exact same players on different teams, love it.

Still feel like I need a WR1 to win the championship

Damn. I should have won today easily. Now I find myself up about 16 points with Woodhead and Josh Brown (Giants kicker) left. Meanwhile, my opponent has Antonio Brown. I think Brown is great but Michael Vick is a piece of shit so I hope he gets destroyed and completes no passes to Brown.

wowzors

What kind of league allowed you to pick up Charcandrick off the waiver wire post-injury?

A $100 buy in 12 man yahoo league.

You are allowed to drop players on a bye and add a player for the next week lineup, you cannot drop and add if the player played in the current week.

Wads

Banned
Charles going down is going to kill both of my teams... Drafted him in both of my leagues with my 1st pick (1st and 4th respectively). Wire # isnt high enough to get West (who I guess is the guy instead of Davis). ****

Yeah, I have Charles in my longtime keeper league. Hoping for better news after the MRI, because otherwise I need to start selling off my roster. :( A real bloodbath week though, hope Yeldon is alright.

A $100 buy in 12 man yahoo league.

You are allowed to drop players on a bye and add a player for the next week lineup, you cannot drop and add if the player played in the current week.

Sounds like the commish in that league dropped the rule where FA's become locked as of the 1pm Sunday games? Because technically West did play even if it wasn't on one of your own teams. I strongly dislike that kind of rule change for just this reason - you actually have a tactical advantage to skip the waiver wire. But hey, all the more power to you for recognizing the rule change and using it to your advantage!

Edwardo

Damn. Losing Charles in my 14 team keeper is gonna be rough.

I can still win this week though. I'm down 14 and he has Hyde. I have LeVeon Bell and Antonio Gates.

Apath

Should Charc be a priority? I am FUCKED on RB. Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Tevin Coleman, Matt Jones, Karlos Williams. Williams was supposed to be my team's savior but now he is concussed.

Yeah so I just dropped Knile Davis right before the games started today. *sigh*

Oh well, rumors have it he's probably not the true handcuff to JC anymore anyway so there's that I guess?

Jarnet87

Yeah so I just dropped Knile Davis right before the games started today. *sigh*

Oh well, rumors have it he's probably not the true handcuff to JC anymore anyway so there's that I guess?

Owned Charles 3 times, twice on seasons where has torn his ACL. I think I'm permanently off the Jamaal train.

I'm a bit skeptical that West or Davis will be a viable fill in starter for Charles. Big drop off in ability and right now the Chiefs are a mess. As it is the Chiefs players were getting a lot of their stats in junk time. I think West is the more productive player if I had to guess right now based on how things are going for the Chiefs, down in a lot of games needing to throw and Alex Smith's fear of throwing anything but a check down.

I went into the season not even being bothered by not having the Charles handcuff. Kind of see it as well if he gets hurt they are screwed and so am I situation with no one player able to replicate (or come close) to his fantasy numbers. Maybe I'll go for West or see if I can trade something for him. Very lucky to have grabbed Deion Lewis off waivers early and draft Foster. May be able to survive the Charles injury.

First year of fantasy football is going real real well so far, I'll be 4-1. Whoever dropped Devonta Freeman and let me pick them up on waivers will rue the day on that one. Thank god I drafted based on projections/rankings and not my brain. I'd just be wasting my money

Can't believe I traded for Charles the week before he blows out his knee. That is some shitty luck.

I think my coworker had him in our league and another big money league. I don't want to bring it up with him, because I'm pretty sure he's done in both of our leagues now because of it

Jarnet87

Can't believe I traded for Charles the week before he blows out his knee. That is some shitty luck.

I traded for Gates in 2010 a week before he fell apart with all his foot injuries, shit sucks.

I remember losing Kenny Britt (when he was fantasy relevant) and Jamaal Charles for the season in week 2 (2011 season), what a lovely Sunday that was.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Loss hurts this week. First because my Undefeated season is over.

Other because I only lost by 14 points. Other guys team sucked this week, mine sucked more. Only 1 TD from any of my Offense players. Only 2 of my offense guys cleared 10 points, and I'm in a PPR league. Everyone just tanked.

Except my Kicker (Giants) and Denver D. They both did good.

NYR

Ugh.

Someone in my league accepted my trade proposal but his comment obviously makes it sound like he meant to reject it and hit accept in error.

Do I be a dick or do I let it slide and tell the commish to veto it?

Ugh.

Someone in my league accepted my trade proposal but his comment obviously makes it sound like he meant to reject it and hit accept in error.

Do I be a dick or do I let it slide and tell the commish to veto it?

Hard to tell without the exact words, but probably best to just let him plead his case and then allow the decision rather than push for it yourself. Unless you absolutely are sure he meant to cancel.

NYR

Holy crap tied at 96 with the other guy this week.

He has antonio gates left, I have the steelers defense. Oh man.

Basically will be Gates scores a TD and you lose or he doesn't and you win, unfortunately.

Based on history, SD loves throwing to their TEs and Gates was a TD beast lat year. My money would be on your opponent :(, but best of luck.

NYR

Hard to tell without the exact words, but probably best to just let him plead his case and then allow the decision rather than push for it yourself. Unless you absolutely are sure he meant to cancel.

100% positive. It was Russell Wilson for Edelman and his response was lol he already has a top 3 QB and Edelman was untouchable on his team.

UberTag

I started the season with Coleman, Charles and Latavius as my RBs. Feels bad man.
You know it's bad as a Charles owner in a 16-team league when you make a desperation grab of DeAngelo Williams in the Monday night game in the hope that Le'Veon Bell cripples himself.

That's what I've been reduced to.

nillapuddin

I drafted Devonta Freeman

and dropped him before Dallas

I also know true regret

edit: Im also great at spot dropping, Mike Wallace, 22. Anquan Boldin, 25. CJ2K, 30. basically, I drop you, you breakout.

So much blind faith but after this week Peyton and Abdullah are both coming off my starters in place of Taylor and Crowell.

Consistently my bench is raking in points while my starters do nothing.

Kiryu

Jamaall Charles is injured... My Fantasy Draft is definitely bust.

So far... I had 4 injured starters.

1. Desean Jackson (Missed Week 1-5)
2. Andre Ellington (Missed Week 2-4)
3. Drew Bree (Missed Week 3)
4. Stevie Smith Sr. (Missed Week 5)

So now I started to recover from my injury riddled team roster that resulted some losses. (I am now 2-3)

Now I lost Jamaall Charles for the reminder of the season...

Going to pick Charcandrick West quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom