• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schattenjäger;181060046 said:
To add on is Andrew Luck playing tonight?wtf

Just heard Hasselbeck is in again? Game time decision though

EDIT: ESPN is saying definite no, but Rapaport is saying will test his arm but expected to sit

Dazzler

Some dude in my league dropped LeSean Mccoy. Should I pick him up? I already have Karlos Williams.

And what about injured people to hold on to? Dez Bryant and Brandon Lafell are both sitting there...

I've held on to Dez in a 12 team league with just three bench spots

it's been killing me but he's too valuable to let go

Darkman M

Some dude in my league dropped LeSean Mccoy. Should I pick him up? I already have Karlos Williams.

And what about injured people to hold on to? Dez Bryant and Brandon Lafell are both sitting there...

Yes, do it asap and Dez is sitting in my bench as well via trade, I was willing to let him sit 12 weeks if need be, but it seems he maybe back after the Cowboys bye week.

I've held on to Dez in a 12 team league with just three bench spots

it's been killing me but he's too valuable to let go

Yes, do it asap and Dez is sitting in my bench as well via trade, I was willing to let him sit 12 weeks if need be, but it seems he maybe back after the Cowboys bye week.

Thanks guys. Did it. Also swapped Matt Jones for McCoy. Just seemed too good to pass up. Now with Roethlisberger and Desean Jackson my entire bench is injured. ;) Get healthy guys!

Schattenjäger;181060046 said:
To add on is Andrew Luck playing tonight?wtf

I've already pulled him from my lineup. Trusting in Bradford (again). Even if he starts my guess is he'll be either ineffective for the whole game or will get pulled midway through. Not taking that chance.

CatBert

Neo Member
FML you guys.

All 3 of my WRs are "questionable" this week. The 2 on my bench of course are on their bye weeks.

Hankerson
Harvin
Thomas

Are they going to play or am I totally screwed?? This is ridiculous.

FML you guys.

All 3 of my WRs are "questionable" this week. The 2 on my bench of course are on their bye weeks.

Hankerson
Harvin
Thomas

Are they going to play or am I totally screwed?? This is ridiculous.

Harvin is probable, he'll be fine.

on a side note Gates was a FA due his suspension and was able to snag him for nothing while swapping out my TE's for the bye week, so that's kinda awesome. (12 man league)

So I'm in need of a TE for this week. Do I get Luadirus Green, Coby Fleener, Heath Miller or Larry Donnell?
Green should still see some kind of role, but with Gates back it's unknown how many snaps he sees

Fleener is the backup again since Allen is back

Miller is downgraded with Vick and doesn't have a great matchup

Donnell is see alot more snaps but is doing nothing with them. I will add that more snaps = more opportunities, so take that and do what you will with it.

Also two other good options are Derek Carrier and Garret Celek.

Nafai1123

Banned
Need some suggestions on my TE and FLEX positions, non-PPR.
I'm thinking of benching Graham and going with Eifert at TE and Brown in the Flex.
Still, Patriots vs Cowboys make this a tempting game to play Blount. Plus Karlos' status is still up in the air.

Starters
WR - Cobb
WR - Maclin
RB - Ingram
RB - Karlos Williams
TE -
FLEX-

Bench
WR - John Brown, Martavis Bryant
RB - Abdullah, LBlount
TE - Eifert, Graham.

I'd probably go with Eifert over Graham, as it's a better matchup for him. I would definitely play Karlos unless he's out. I doubt he'll be sharing caries if he starts unlike Blount.

As far as my team goes, this may sound crazy but I'm thinking about starting Mike Evans over Antonio Brown. I'm just not that confident in Vick, especially against SD's secondary. What do you guys think? Too crazy?

Green should still see some kind of role, but with Gates back it's unknown how many snaps he sees

Fleener is the backup again since Allen is back

Miller is downgraded with Vick and doesn't have a great matchup

Donnell is see alot more snaps but is doing nothing with them. I will add that more snaps = more opportunities, so take that and do what you will with it.

I think I'll go with Donnel then. Thanks.

Goddamn I'm stuck trying to choose between Fleener and D Allen as my only real viable TE options this week. I'm leaning towards Fleener since he and Hasselbeck got it done last week...

Jesus CHRIST my luck with RBs is just non-existent this year:

Shady: out
Chris Ivory: Bye
Lance Dunbar: done for season (already dropped)
Karlos Williams: almost certainly out

So my RB1 and 2 for this weekend are Danny Woodhead and Chris Thompson. I tried to grab Alfred Morris off waiver this week but because I'm 3rd in standings my waiver order is near the bottom so of course that didn't happen, and the list of current available RBs is just pathetic.

I've been presented a trade, and I need advice.

He is offering Julio Jones for Andrew Luck.

I have Blake Bortles as a backup QB (so I can somewhat sustain the drop in QB production), and I need a good WR. Thoughts?

Take the deal and get a better QB from the Waiver Wire(Bridgewater, Cutler, Carr or whomever is best that is left).

UberTag

I forgot to add, Donnell last week was in 65 of the Giants' 77 offensive snaps. That's 92% of them... With the Giants expected to steamroll the Niners he should see a red zone look or two.
The big boon for Donnell is the season-ending injury to Daniel Fells.
He should be trending towards 4-6 receptions weekly going forward. TDs will still be dart throws, however.

My issue with Celek is that Kaepernick (and the rest of the 49ers offense) is just a mess right now.
He's pretty much served as a checkdown target for Kaep and has yet to deliver a game I'd want from a TE in my fantasy lineup whether Vernon Davis was on the field alongside him or not.

Carrier, on the other hand, I can see upside from. The Redskins have gotten a lot of mileage out of their Tight End thus far and they traded a conditional 5th round pick to the 49ers to get him so they clearly see some potential in him. Plus, Jordan Reed can never manage to stay healthy. Definite potential for growth here.

Yo guys, just traded TJ Yeldon for Martavious Bryant

What do you think of my team, 12team standard, 4 pt throwing touchdowns

EjbBhoN.jpg

lNPJLrn.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
With Brandon Marchall and Chris Ivory on bye this week I had to take some chances. I'm up against one of our leagues other 4-0 teams. Picked up Wright on the Titans, and Blount on New England (hoping last weekend wasn't a fluke). Hopefully I can pull this one out.

vJ9DtRY.png

nillapuddin

With Brandon Marchall and Chris Ivory on bye this week I had to take some chances. I'm up against one of our leagues other 4-0 teams. Picked up Wright on the Titans, and Blount on New England (hoping last weekend wasn't a fluke). Hopefully I can pull this one out.

vJ9DtRY.png

ouch, thats a tough team jeeze. good luck

NYR

vJ9DtRY.png
Ouch. Ryan to Jones hookup, you're in trouble.

Im looking for someone to make a convincing argument for who to start as my FLEX this week

DeMarco Murray
Gio Bernard
Woodhead
Chris Johnson

Im leaning Murray hoping he finally breaks out after noticing the runblocking and playcalling has seemingly improved week by week. Also hoping his overblown comments about not getting touches make a difference.

I would have prob gone with Gio but they are playing SEA whose D looks ferocious. He will prob still find a way to get 8 pts somehow...

I just picked up Woodhead off waivers today and he seems to have a decent matchup with PIT who feature LBs heavily and dont have a great secondary or coverage safety to watch him in the pass game.

CJ2K seems like his carries are going to drop a good bit with Ellington finally coming back and the rookie David Johnson starting to make plays.

Thoughts?

gimmmick

Dion Lewis for Justin Forsett? Seems like a fair trade, but not sure if I like riding my chances of losing a large chunk of that powerful NE offense (esp a duo threat running back).

gimmmick

I've been presented a trade, and I need advice.

He is offering Julio Jones for Andrew Luck.

I have Blake Bortles as a backup QB (so I can somewhat sustain the drop in QB production), and I need a good WR. Thoughts?

WR pools are almost as slim pickins as elite running backs. Andrew Luck is having a down year. Why is this in question?

VoxPop

WR pools are almost as slim pickins as elite running backs. Andrew Luck is having a down year. Why is this in question?

Unless youre in a 3QB league, this is the deal of the year for you. Julio is trending towards the top receiver this year while Luck seems to be having a bad season riddled with injuries. Do it.

gimmmick

Unless youre in a 3QB league, this is the deal of the year for you. Julio is trending towards the top receiver this year while Luck seems to be having a bad season riddled with injuries. Do it.

Yeah no kidding. With Dez out and Antonio Brown being MIA without big Ben... Julio is the cream of the crop for WR talent. Hopefully he accepted the trade before reality sets in and how much of an idiot he is for proposing the deal.

UraMallas

My RB's are stacked and I'm wondering if I've got the right guys in. Also, any other notes would be nice because this is all pretty new to me:

ySlF8Cx.png

Whatdo

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Foster met his 16 point projection in my PPR league. Would have loved a trip to the end zone for good measure, but still satisfied with that.

I'm in a small (8 team) league, but I still have way, way too much RB talent on my team with Charles, Forte, Foster, Ingram, Yeldon and Ivory. I should really sell some of this but I'm not sure where I can even improve my team. I'm 4-0 right now and my team has been shit hot every week scoring the most points in the league. Meanwhile I've got guys in my league that are floundering at RB.

One of the guys in my league hurting the worst at RB is sitting on Gronk as his only real superstar and I'd love to try and get him. What's a fair offer for Gronk among all my RBs and/or either of my TEs (Gates and Charles Clay)?

Well my fretting about which Indy TE to start didn't matter much as neither did shit. THankfully DeAndre Hopkins had a monster game despite playing on a Thursday night...wish he could have gotten a TD though.

Hazelhurst

I'm satisfied with Foster's 11 points. I'm looking forward to his future production. It's nice to finally get to use him after drafting him in the 5th round of my 12 team ESPN league.

I'm satisfied with Foster's 11 points. I'm looking forward to his future production. It's nice to finally get to use him after drafting him in the 5th round of my 12 team ESPN league.

He didn't get picked until near the bottom of the 9th round in my 12 team league. Nobody had any idea he hadn't been picked and everyone was shocked when it happened lol.

Edit: Looking back over my draft, god it was shit past the first 5 rounds. My only pick past those that have worked well has been Kendall Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom