• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasero

Was just offered Justin Forsett for Frank Gore in PPR. Not really sure though, both have struggled but I think Gore is getting through it quicker.

Apath

That Tucker kick got more points than Brown did through four quarters. The dude disappears all game, and when Vick does target him, they are crap throws.

Apparently he dropped a TD pass, but I didn't see it.

That Tucker kick got more points than Brown did through four quarters. The dude disappears all game, and when Vick does target him, they are crap throws.

Yeah, Vick threw a 30 yard bomb in the 1st half, Brown barely misjudged it on the side of the end zone and it went through his hands. :/

Agreed to trade Mariota and Rishard Matthews for Brees and Forsett. I feel like I did pretty well there, especially if Forsett can play like he did tonight.

Bell got me great points in one of my leagues, and I played in two leagues against opponents with Antonio Brown.

And Vick was serviceable too. Good start so far!

nillapuddin

As a Leveon Bell owner, I was praying for a blowout, and then I was praying for OT and then I was just praying for ONE MORE FIRST DOWN!

ugh, so close to having a week sealing game. Still super happy, this is a huge week

3-1 and 2-2 feel so different, gotta get a W this week.

VoxPop

Yeah I had to stream Flacco tonight since I traded Cam and Stafford was going up against SEA. Should've just played Stafford -_-

It was looking real dire till the last quarter. Thought Flacco was gonna literally have like 4 pts which isn't exactly far off from what he actually got.

The Outsider said:
Agreed to trade Mariota and Rishard Matthews for Brees and Forsett. I feel like I did pretty well there, especially if Forsett can play like he did tonight.

Bell got me great points in one of my leagues, and I played in two leagues against opponents with Antonio Brown.

And Vick was serviceable too. Good start so far!

Wow thats an absolute steal on your part!

Glad I ended up starting Forsett tonight. Brown didn't do much at all even though he let a touchdown pass slip through his hands! I still have Fitz and Marshall to pick up his slack.

There is this trade proposal around the league:

Dez Bryant for Chris Ivory.

I voted against as soon as I saw it. The guy receiving Dez is already 3-0 I don't want to see him with another Tier 1 WR that could help him during the playoffs.

Ah come on dude... I have Dez on my bench after he was dropped from his initial owner and picked him up on FA. If someone offered me Ivory I would take it since I am hurting for rbs. Owners should worry about their own team. If trades start getting vetoed, you can guarantee that those getting vetoed will also veto trades out of spite. Then no trades will be possible.

I was offered a trade for my LeGarrette Blount and Stevie Johnson for his Demarco Murray and Anquan Bolding. It would be helping both of are teams out, but for some damn reason we have 2 vetoes for it (4 and it goes to commissioner approval). Although it doesn't matter since I am the commissioner and will have final say anyways, but wtf. We should be able to trade whoever we want for whoever we want (as long as it's obviously not collusion).

Yeah, Vick threw a 30 yard bomb in the 1st half, Brown barely misjudged it on the side of the end zone and it went through his hands. :/

That was the game in nutshell for PIT, close but no cigar. Brown misses a routine TD but DHB somehow catches just the tip of one with an elbow.

Enjoy the next month Steeler fans, see you next year.

VoxPop

There is this trade proposal around the league:

Dez Bryant for Chris Ivory.

I voted against as soon as I saw it. The guy receiving Dez is already 3-0 I don't want to see him with another Tier 1 WR that could help him during the playoffs.

Wow dick move. That's a perfectly fair trade. It's guys like you that ruin fantasy. Vetoing should really not be allowed without some serious collusion. You should worry about making your team better instead of ruining others.

gimmmick

As a Leveon Bell owner, I was praying for a blowout, and then I was praying for OT and then I was just praying for ONE MORE FIRST DOWN!

ugh, so close to having a week sealing game. Still super happy, this is a huge week

3-1 and 2-2 feel so different, gotta get a W this week.

As a person that has Tucker and Bell starting, what I was hoping for was Tucker tying the game (which he did). Going into to overtime with more garbage stats for Bell (which happened) and hopefully ending the night with either Bell or Tucker grabbing the last scoring points of the game (which went to Tucker). I'm up 35 points on my work league right now :D

JFunky

I have Luck and Dalton. Should I go Dalton this week? Even if Luck plays I worry they are going to lean on Gore. I also have Hilton don't know what to do about him other options are Maclin and Steve Johnson.

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reports Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is expected to miss Week 4 against the Raiders.
This will be his third missed game in a row. Jeffery has been practicing on a limited basis so this week's absence comes as a bit of a surprise. With the Bears going nowhere this season, there's no harm in keeping Jeffery out until he's 100 percent. Chicago is optimistic Jeffery will be back for Week 5 against Kansas City.

Alshon, you're killing me breh

gutshot

Someone dropped Doug Martin in my league. I know he's not exactly lighting the world on fire at the moment, but seems a bit strange to drop a clear-cut starting RB. Should I use my no. 2 waiver priority on him? I already have a bunch of RB2/3s but I feel like he might be better than some of the other guys on my bench. Here is who I have currently:

J. Forsett
C. Hyde
C. Ivory
David Johnson
T. Coleman
A. Andrews

Martin is definitely a better option moving forward than Johnson or Andrews, so I guess it's not so much about the players as it is about my waiver. Is it worth burning my waiver on Martin if he's not a clear upgrade over my top 3 RBs currently?

VoxPop

Someone dropped Doug Martin in my league. I know he's not exactly lighting the world on fire at the moment, but seems a bit strange to drop a clear-cut starting RB. Should I use my no. 2 waiver priority on him? I already have a bunch of RB2/3s but I feel like he might be better than some of the other guys on my bench. Here is who I have currently:

J. Forsett
C. Hyde
C. Ivory
David Johnson
T. Coleman
A. Andrews

Martin is definitely a better option moving forward than Johnson or Andrews, so I guess it's not so much about the players as it is about my waiver. Is it worth burning my waiver on Martin if he's not a clear upgrade over my top 3 RBs currently?

He might have been injured during practice this week. But yeah I would take him over David Johnson. With Ellington and CJ2K there, I don't see Johnson getting a lot of touches. But be warned, Dougie has been garbage this entire season.

BradC00

Someone dropped Doug Martin in my league. I know he's not exactly lighting the world on fire at the moment, but seems a bit strange to drop a clear-cut starting RB.

yea, someone dropped dougie in one of my leagues too. like you said he's not exactly lighting it up, but he is a clear cut starter. it's the only reason i haven't dropped jstew too. it's a consistent 5 points, and why that isn't great, the guy who dropped him picked up r. randle from the giants who has like less then 1 point in 2 games, but then blew up against the skins.

Tom Nook

Would benching A Brown until Big Ben gets back a good idea?

I'm starting with 4.2pts and my opponent has J. Jones this week. :(

zeshakag

I benched Travis Kelce for Maxx Williams just so I could have someone playing last night because I'm obsessed with fantasy football.

Never doing that again. I think I'll have to learn patience and wait for Sundays.

Clearos

Would benching A Brown until Big Ben gets back a good idea?

I'm starting with 4.2pts and my opponent has J. Jones this week. :(

Brown burned me too but also the play calling was horrible that game so I would expect to see a lot more targets for Brown in the following week.

Glad forsett woke up just wish he did it when he was not on my bench.

Darkman M

Traded Justin Forsett & Tyler Eifert for Arian Foster & Charles Clay. Justin Forsett decided to finally show up last night, but I still feel good about the trade even though I know the injury risk of Arian Foster.

Trey

Phillip Rivers is a surer thing. Tyrod is still in the volatile stages of his career, even though his team is more talented.

toneroni

I picked up Tyrod over Dalton after losing Big Ben.

So I traded CJ Anderson and Rishard Matthews for Jimmy Graham and Anquan Boldin.
I still think CJ is gonna be ok later on but I'm rolling with Ingram and Melvin with Jennings on the bench.

Pretty thin at RB so I might try to pick up Doug Martin who was just dropped.
Someone also dropped V. jackson but he's frustrating to own. Still have Marvin Jones and Boldin on my bench so it should be ok.
Who should I drop for the muscle hamster? Donnell or Ertz? I'm leaning towards Ertz since Donnell probably has the higher floor.

I picked up Tyrod over Dalton after losing Big Ben.

So I traded CJ Anderson and Rishard Matthews for Jimmy Graham and Anquan.
I still think CJ is gonna be ok later on but I'm rolling with Ingram and Melvin with Jennings on the bench.

Pretty thin at RB so I might try to pick up Doug Martin who was just dropped.
Someone also dropped V. jackson but he's frustrating to own. Still have Marvin Jones and Boldin on my bench so it should be ok.
Who should I drop for the muscle hamster? Donnell or Ertz? I'm leaning towards Ertz since Donnell probably has the higher floor.

If you got the room to stash Doug Martin it could pay off if he gets it going. I did the same.

Tabris

Who should I play in my FLEX - Brandin Cooks or Percy Harvin.

Normally I would have an RB there but I'm benching Marshawn Lynch due to MNF game time decision.

Mifune

Mehmber
Who should I play in my FLEX - Brandin Cooks or Percy Harvin.

Normally I would have an RB there but I'm benching Marshawn Lynch due to MNF game time decision.

Harvin.

He's got a good thing going with his QB, Watkins is hurt, and the Giants give up a lot of passing points.

Harvin.

He's got a good thing going with his QB, Watkins is hurt, and the Giants give up a lot of passing points.

Yeah, I'm starting Harvin too, but benching Tate instead of Cooks. The Giants secondary is terrible and he should be one of the top targets. At least I hope.

Nafai1123

Banned
Here's my lineup for this week. I'm pretty comfortable with my starters but a second opinion never hurts. Think Ivory is a good start this week?

jQILylV.png

Benched forsett this week to start Karlos williams who I got off the waiver wire. Hope it still pays off seeing Forsett finally had a decent game. Did a random money yahoo league and they have no flex position which blows. Not really digging this 3wr 2rb league lol.

nillapuddin

Never carry two defenses. Waste of a bench spot. The only exception I can think of is if you have a DST that's far and away the best in the league (KC in 2013 for example) and they're on a bye.

There isn't a player in the league who's a sure thing coming back from injury. But I'd rather have Desean than Jets D/ST.

Houston for DeSean waiver submitted...

Someone dropped Doug Martin in my league. I know he's not exactly lighting the world on fire at the moment, but seems a bit strange to drop a clear-cut starting RB.

That was my thinking in 2013, and then again in 2014. I say pick him up. Wait for a good game from him and then dangle trade bait. Nothing more than a low tier RB2 or Flex. I'd only play him if he's playing an attrocious run defence. He's cancer to fantasy teams.

If I'm trying buy low on Antonio Brown, what caliber of player would I need to package with Calvin in order to not piss off the other owner?

My team of:

Aaron Rodgers
Chris Ivory
Karlos Williams
Rishard Matthews
Allen Robinson
Gronk
Devonta Freeman
Bills Defense
SeaBass

vs

Peyton
Marshawn
Thomas Rawls (lol)
Jeremy Maclin
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith Sr
Jimmy Graham
Bengals Defense
Justin Tucker

If I fall to 0-4, I'm burning his house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom