• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

taken with fraps

witcher3%202015-05-25%2002-34-42-51_zpsoprcnrvx.png~original

witcher3%202015-05-25%2002-35-12-24_zpssgbc57dz.png~original

Thorgal

Very cool looking shots, reminds me of like stain glass or something. The AO really gives it an interesting look

It is great .

The only downside is that GW 2 depth buffer is empty while in motion so anything that uses it ( DOF and AO ) does not work during regular play .

shandy706

Of course 1.04 with better everything texture/foliage wise comes out right after I test the free-camera shots. LOL

Pano-test
tw305_panoblp1n.png

tw3016vrkg.png

The Witcher 3 21:9 SweetFx

tVEMZWu.jpg
B2Z2mon.jpg
ghQbpSZ.jpg

The scenery is great, but there's tons of artifacts/compression/aliasing.

Edit* Just noticed they're .jpgs...no way to take .pngs with SweetFx?

The scenery is great, but there's tons of artifacts/compression/aliasing.

Edit* Just noticed they're .jpgs...no way to take .pngs with SweetFx?
Nothing wrong with JPGs. All my shots are JPGs.

Reshade/sweetfx can capture BMPs or PNGs. I capture BMPs and convert them.

benzy

My pics? about ~$750 for a playable 4k @ 30 FPS. Some people are also bull-shotting too, because this is the thread for it. I may do the rendering tweaks for some nice screenies in the future.

I must have messed up my budget build then, I came out with a HD 7850 and an i5 4690k with that price. What GPU do you have?

All of these Witcher 3 screens are great.

While the PS4 dude is a waxy mess, the pc shot is over sharpened to hell... the optimal picture would be somewhere in the middle between those two I think.

Looks like the PS4 shot was taken in the rain. The clothes are wet too, hence the waxy look. This game doesn't do "wet" very well.

I didn't even think of that, yes, rain could be an explanation for the waxy look. I haven't seen any pictures of TW3 in the rain yet, kind of interested now in seeing some.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Wow those Witcher 3 shots look so much closer to consoles than I thought they would. I expected a huge leap on PC.

Top Bottom