• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

17828505069_662531fe4e_o.jpg

18015527631_57d97f9e28_o.jpg

I have to apologize in advance, despite the great work of several modders/users to make this game better for pc users, for example making 60fps work with hdmi and enable higher resolutions (shout out to Dario ff) I was not able to get downsampling working with ReShade. So I only have shoddy 1080p smaa screenshots, sometimes with aliasing and looking overly muddy because I overdid it with the dof.

17395489453_167a285289_o.jpg

18016000805_1a670c36a4_o.jpg

new computer time!
I'm on a fresh Windows install with the drivers that are supposedly the most stable. This is definitely a bug in the game.

This really makes me wonder about all different problems PC gamers have with games in general (crashing, freezing, stuttering etc.) I mean I never have any of those problems unless it's something everyone is having (like some of Unity's launch bugs)
Honestly this is the only time I've ever had trouble with a game's stability. Witcher 3 is by far the most unstable game I've played. Google "Witcher 3 inventory crash." It's a very common problem.

QUOTE=Spazznid;164928141]new computer time!
I'm on a fresh Windows install with the drivers that are supposedly the most stable. This is definitely a bug in the game.

Honestly this is the only time I've ever had trouble with a game's stability. Witcher 3 is by far the most unstable game I've played. Google "Witcher 3 inventory crash." It's a very common problem.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I know about that exact problem... Never had a single crash in the game myself but hopefully that gets fixed soon :)

Google "Witcher 3 inventory crash." It's a very common problem.
Try setting the in-game FPS limiter to Unlimited, and if that doesn't work try rolling back to the GTA V drivers. I had this same crash happen to me twice, but after I did both of those it hasn't happened to me since (hasn't happened in about ~30 hours).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Are there any towns with, like, people in this game? xD The screenshots above reminded me that I don't see many shots with NPCs and townfolks (and when there are it's usually 1 or 2 people).

Are there any towns with, like, people in this game? xD The screenshots above reminded me that I don't see many shots with NPCs and townfolks (and when there are it's usually 1 or 2 people).

There are, I personally haven't really taken pictures in them because it's much harder to frame a shot when there are half a dozen NPCs onscreen.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes, but NPC's are not as good looking as other aspects of the game, so just drag down an otherwise nice screenshot.

I came across a very crowded settlement a little bit ago. I just didn't take a screenshot because I was too busy with a quest at the time :) But there are definitely plenty of crowded and well lived-in areas.

Nick Pal

To mitigate the wall of text, here's a picture of a guy on a horse^H^H^H^H^H^H.. staircases . (yeah yeah I get the point ;))

Hehe..at least you have a sense of humour. Keep the nice shots coming in. I dunno how you guys find the time to play all these new games at once. I'm so backlogged it's depressing.

edit: Good lord BlackNinja, only two shots per post as per the rules. I think you broke the all time record there.

That's exquisite.

Try setting the in-game FPS limiter to Unlimited, and if that doesn't work try rolling back to the GTA V drivers. I had this same crash happen to me twice, but after I did both of those it hasn't happened to me since (hasn't happened in about ~30 hours).
I've done all that. I've tried every suggestion known to man. Sadly it's ruining what should otherwise be an amazing game. There's a 100% chance the game will crash after I've played for 20 minutes...

amrod

all those shots look amazing with reshade, are the games actually playable with reshade or does it impact it too much (loss of fps)?

17402989343_d80ca55ae3_o.jpg

18020246702_128a2bd666_o.jpg

Only had one crash which was in the inventory walkthrough. Probably had 15 hours running the game and seems very stable.
I played over 40 hours in AC Unity without issue.

This really makes me wonder about all different problems PC gamers have with games in general (crashing, freezing, stuttering etc.) I mean I never have any of those problems unless it's something everyone is having (like some of Unity's launch bugs). I suspect a lot of these problems are caused on user-end. Possibly by a bad overclock, other instabilities in their system the user is not aware of, not knowing how to properly install/update drivers etc. People should really get familiar with OS/driver optimization, SSD/HDD optimization, overclocking and stability testing in general. I always run through a lot of OS optimizations and SSD/HDD tweaks when I do a fresh OS install. I also run my system through a lot of stress tests when overclocking to be sure everything is rock stable. That's probably why I never run into the problems some people are running into. Not saying that you guys don't know how to do these things properly but some of these could be considered as a possibility...

Add to that using cheat engines and other stuff to freeze the game and allow freecams.

Can't really ask for bugs to be fixed if people not using this stuff aren't getting those bugs.

I need to stop visiting this thread until I stop being poor and buy the Witcher 3, all these screenshots look incredible. The amount of detail on the armor types is so impressive, I love that type of stuff.

Stein3x

The game's amazingggg..... I need to make some progress though ,still at the very beginning. Jim's CE table is as always amazing , many thanks for this :)

18032189865_22b01fd056_o.png

17844543420_1365fa981f_o.png

Top Bottom