• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Lime

Auto-Reply, is that just GTA V Online you're showing or? Or is it character mods that you are using, because I rarely see those 3 protagonists in your shots?

Star Wars looks amazing. Love that engine so much, it's just so clean an crisp.

If EA add a built-in screenshot/director mode, they'll make a heap more money from people who don't even want to play the game it looks that good.

Auto-Reply, is that just GTA V Online you're showing or? Or is it character mods that you are using, because I rarely see those 3 protagonists in your shots?

It's neither, it's singleplayer but the skin is changed via script-hook-trainer, the painted girls reference-name in scripthook is "Juggalo", the leather girl with the spider on the back is called "biker-chic". You can change skins (around 60-70 pages / 5 skins per page) on the fly in seconds, no special mods neccessary. (but don't save the game when playing with another skin, could break your save file)

Edit: To be more clear, in case someone doesn't know this. You download these files and drop them where your game .exe is. Ingame you can bring up a menu with F4 and navigate it with the numblock.

upon further inspection, its extremely hard to even tell fxaa and taa apart in this game. its equally as hard to find a single edge or surface that doesnt shimmer like hell when moving.

That's just sad... But it ain't going to stop me from getting the game if it's good when it gets released.

If Ethan Redux's TAA is a good indication of UE4's TAA quality then I can safely say that it's as crappy as FXAA if not worse. And I honestly see no reason why it wouldn't be as TAA is basically the same blur filter as post-AA with the only difference being bluring in temporal space instead of the screen space.

Ethan Redux's TAA is definitely not a good example of UE4's TAA, probably the worst. Good examples of UE4' TAA can be seen in UT2015 or in the actual UE4 game development tools.

Denzar

22005438706_9d905d66c1_o.png

21410484763_6b70c82e3d_o.png

Goodness gracious. That texture work is stunning!

Have you tried using Negative Lod Bias through Nvidia Inspector with that tweak? It could counter the blur. Or maybe sharpen with ReShade/SweetFX?

i dont think negative lod bias works anymore. i think it switched to automatic handling via the driver quite a while ago. havent tried any injectors.

Yeah, I've had severe difficulties with the multiple versions of this game and the different features of each. For example:

Director's Cut:
  • No FOV changes with flycam
  • HUD toggle only works with DX11
  • Which means -> No GeDoSato, No SGSAA
  • Integrated Missing Link DLC
  • Less bugs, improved textures and lighting
  • Shitty AA solution for the game

Actually, the director's cut has worse lighting than the original. It is basically a WII port which had to be optimized for that system. The most noticeable things are objects in the game with static lighting. Plants, boxes, etc, are not shaded like the rest of the environment and because of this they are way brighter and stick out. For instance, if a group of plants are hidden in the shade and it is nighttime in the city, those plants will be bright as day in the DC version. In the regular version, shading is more accurate.

downsampling enough to get worthwhile visual improvements requires multiple top end gpus, something i will never do again until afr is dead and gone. msaa + trssaa provided affordable IQ Increases without investing in crappy mgpu
I think the ingame downsampling cleans up a good amount of the image: I can manage a minimum of 60fps if I run 150% res scaling from 1080p.

But I personally prefer 1080p @ 120hz... the smoothness is just too nice.

Lime

Actually, the director's cut has worse lighting than the original. It is basically a WII port which had to be optimized for that system. The most noticeable things are objects in the game with static lighting. Plants, boxes, etc, are not shaded like the rest of the environment and because of this they are way brighter and stick out. For instance, if a group of plants are hidden in the shade and it is nighttime in the city, those plants will be bright as day in the DC version. In the regular version, shading is more accurate.

Man, fuck this game and its multiple versions with different strengths and weaknesses.

I like how you made it look like the ENB version with just Reshade

Can I haz settings plz? :)

Of course, I used Reshade Mediator. Just stick this folder into your PersonalFiles -> Profiles.

Here ya go: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nxxx60d0m99qs7

And thanks for the wonderful HUD toggle! Much appreciated.

I think the ingame downsampling cleans up a good amount of the image: I can manage a minimum of 60fps if I run 150% res scaling from 1080p.

But I personally prefer 1080p @ 120hz... the smoothness is just too nice.

im on a 1440p monitor. downsampling from 4k on this monitor doesnt do much except half my performance

Leetums

Best graphics ive seen so far. The photogrammetry they used for the textures is perfect. 1080p Everything set to ultra, 150% resolution scale, and no AA.

fr7b.png

hr7b.png

ir7b.png

Tried to capture sort of different looking areas on the same map.

misho8723

Banned
Finally able to play TW3 on Ultra thanks to new GPU - 970.. game now looks really fantastic.. and can I just say that Kaer Morhen are is one of the best looking locations in any RPG game ever?
P.S. sorry for the HUD

ev7b.png

fv7b.png

Nick Pal

Finally able to play TW3 on Ultra thanks to new GPU - 970.. game now looks really fantastic.. and can I just say that Kaer Morhen are is one of the best looking locations in any RPG game ever?
P.S. sorry for the HUD

You can disable the HUD through debug console commands. "dlgshow" and "dlghide"

TheRed

The faces are so dang good. At least for Geralt it looks better than pretty much anything besides what Naughty Dog makes. Not to mention the NPCs also look really good. Conversations with the subtle movements and believable eye contact are the best I've ever seen,
even looks better than the Gary Oldman Star Citizen speech imo. Just fantastic for a game of this size, I'm sure Squadron 42 will get improved before release though.

21908543429_6511174384_o.png

21907575588_f5ac08e726_o.png

22106583591_1af1bc5d33_o.jpg

21908596178_2cf5b57650_o.jpg

Flickr

Edit: Haha, I agree that the flow is very important. We should be able to switch posts around and change the order ... could result in chaos for the rest of the board though ;)

Top Bottom