• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

22072715836_8170aff252_o.png

22098914005_ce3379021d_o.png

kanuuna

I like the look of this. What are you using to desaturate the image?

I'm using the Super Turbo Lighting Mod (regular) and ReShade to compliment it. The desaturation comes from tweaking Color Matrix setting (SweetFX). Additionally I dropped a few of the post-processing settings (notably bloom, replaced with PPFX Bloom) present in the game in favor of the equivalent settings found in the ReShade suite. If you want to try these settings as-is, I suggest you disable bloom, vignette, AA and CA in the post-processing settings.

My current TW3 ReShade folder on Dropbox.
You'll still need to download the 1.0 package for the .dll and ReShade.fx files from ReShade.me if you don't have them already.

TheRed

That's like a Reshade right? Because Geralt's face does not look that fucking realistic in the vanilla game.
Oh yeah using Reshade and other mods for NG+ but it's probably the modded face to make him look paler and more mutant like that makes him look better. Still my point was the animation sells the character in conversations better than anything I've played and it is really impressive for an RPG. Haven't played The Order or Until Dawn yet though but even if they're better I'm still impressed by how the Witcher does it in a game so big compared to those.

Peterthumpa

Holy shit at those DX shots. We need to start posting Reshade settings alongside those awesome screenshots too, I'm seriously impressed.

OtisInf

21926281929_fe6c90268c_o.png

22100658482_26934d7a6b_o.png

The end.

All in all, the DLC is OK, good choices although it's unclear whether they have any effect in the next game. The gfx and scenes were a bit below the quality of the main game, to be honest: lots of re-use of assets and environments, you often have the idea "I've been here before". But good entertainment, if you have finished the main game. :)

It isn't at all a problem in Crysis 3. You can use a CE table to enable noclip/fly mode, combine that with a couple of console commands to disable hud and adjust fov, now you have a fully functioning freecam in the game and suffer no issues with occlusion culling.

Big difference between free-cam and no-clip. Like I said, the culling is based on where your character is looking. With no-clip, you are the camera. So yeah, there are no issues with culling. In Ryse, the camera is detatched from the character due to it being a 3rd person game. So you start seeing issues when you decouple the camera and fly it around. Same issue in Star Citizen.

Nick Pal

AC Unity. Reshade

Anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the HUD completely? It still leaves the distance marker on screen after disabling it via the game menu.

acu_2015_10_12_09_42_28sbi.jpg

Nick Pal

AC Unity 5k. First time I've owned an Nvidia card and I have to say the DSR downsampling is downright impressive! So this is a lossless JPEG but 8.17mb in size. If it's too big to be posting here let me know.

acu_2015_10_12_19_40_7nst3.jpg

Top Bottom