• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

DICE still needs to improve their clover game.

23092448141_582893a9de_o.png

I spent too much time looking for a 4 leaf clover

vfxninjaeditor

Neo Member
Does the engine support SSS on those leaves?

Skyrim's engine or Frostbite? I think Skyrim can achieve some sort of SSS on foliage when using ENB, but it's not anywhere close to what can be achieved with an engine that has the feature built in.

Frostbite most certainly has it. I can't imagine it not considering it has been built for next gen games. Whether or not they are using it in Battlefront, I don't know because I don't have the game. Someone would have to find an area where they can see the clover at such an angle where they could see the sun shining through the leaves.

I am currently working with Druid Gameworks. We are working on a game in UE4 and part of my job is to do foliage work. It's fun working with next-gen shaders.

CoLaN

More screens from the MP, ultra details, it looks amazing and it is so good to see that level of detail with 40 players

starwarsbattlefront20posum.png

starwarsbattlefront20sqsfu.png

NattyDread

Neo Member

Dragon Age: Inquisition || 5120 x 2880 || Hattiwatti's Cinematic Tools || SRWE
damn, no Deband shader back in the day :(

Dragon Age: Inquisition || 2160p || jim2point0's CT || Hattiwatti's Cinematic Tools || SRWE

UnrealEck

Some of the mods for FO4 are comical.
Like the water one that seems to just change the density of the small ripples and nothing more.
Or the rocks that just change the type of rock into one with a rougher texture.

I find the vast majority of graphical modifications for games are not improvements but just changes.

Like the water one that seems to just change the density of the small ripples and nothing more.

I find the vast majority of graphical modifications for games are not improvements but just changes.

The mods for Fallout 4 are still really early and are mostly a joke. People are trying to cash in on the newness for some reason.

The graphical mods out there for Skyrim are legit, and there are amazing texture mods for Fallout 3 (NMC's textures, for example). Give it time.....

Parsnip

I imagine that until the CreationKit for FO4 is out, mods are going to be more limited.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Skyrim's engine or Frostbite? I think Skyrim can achieve some sort of SSS on foliage when using ENB, but it's not anywhere close to what can be achieved with an engine that has the feature built in.

Frostbite most certainly has it. I can't imagine it not considering it has been built for next gen games. Whether or not they are using it in Battlefront, I don't know because I don't have the game. Someone would have to find an area where they can see the clover at such an angle where they could see the sun shining through the leaves.

I am currently working with Druid Gameworks. We are working on a game in UE4 and part of my job is to do foliage work. It's fun working with next-gen shaders.

Man, I love knowing that the person who made some of the most well regarded foliage textures in this thread also gets to make great stuff like that on work time for pay. Just reading your post got me excited to see whatever game Druid Gameworks is putting out.

It will take a bit longer until some of the better graphical mods get released in their earliest forms. There is definitely a need for higher resolution textures and higher poly geometry for certain objects. For comparison, it took Skyrim around 3 months before Static Mesh Improvement Mod came out in its earliest version. Give it some time, the good stuff will come.

I'm surprised Frostbite is capable of putting out this kind of detail because I've only ever seen the engine being used in urban/concrete environments. I think we might have a winner for best looking foliage in a game of 2015. Mods are gonna be killer for this.

Mods? What mods? Have there ever been mods for a Frostbite game?

Top Bottom