• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

23249281565_8a2499efd5_o.png

22953441070_0d7b7c9bc5_o.png

Never saw any screens of The Crew after the graphics update so here's one. The game looks far better than it did before the patch.

this is what i hoped DayZ would look like.. looks great.

You'll never know, devs are continuously adding small portions of the new renderer into DayZ. Who knows how the game will actually look after all the new bells and whistles get implemented, though that will probably take a while.
I haven't played the game in a long time just because it runs like absolute shit (last time I played it I had a GTX 970 and cities still ran like garbage). I don't much care about the graphical upgrades tbh, I'm just waiting for the new multithreaded optimizations and DX11.

On the 12. Nov Status Report the devs showcased some of the new graphical features which are being implemented, check it out if you haven't.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/85927670906083734

That's a massive improvement! How does it play, is it more arcade or sim?

Well, some would say it's an arcade game and some would say even a sim but I'd rather say it's a combination of the two. It definitely leans more towards being arcadey. Handling is balanced very well, it's a lot more "sim like" when compared to a game like NFS: Rivals. Story is pretty lame but all the other stuff make up for it. The game has a huge amount of challenges, the map is so huge one can't even imagine and car customization is very good with lots of different options to choose from, there's tons of fun stuff to do in the game. New DLC also introduced bikes and Monster trucks.

Nick Pal

witcher2_2015_11_22_14pusi.jpg

Well, some would say it's an arcade game and some would say even a sim but I'd rather say it's a combination of the two. It definitely leans more towards being arcadey. Handling is balanced very well, it's a lot more "sim like" when compared to a game like NFS: Rivals. Story is pretty lame but all the other stuff make up for it. The game has a huge amount of challenges, the map is so huge one can't even imagine and car customization is very good with lots of different options to choose from, there's tons of fun stuff to do in the game. New DLC also introduced bikes and Monster trucks.

I was hoping it'd lean towards being sim-like and not too arcadey. Cool, thanks.

Nick Pal

Fallout 4's artists need to be commended for creating such a pretty wasteland..staggering detail. Great shots Jim, especially that second one.

Thank you very much for the comments guys. :)

Thanks, mate! Your pics are great too, btw. The IQ is insane!

All I did was downsample from 3500-ish wide to 1920. You can blame Bethesda's fantastic AA for the lack of jaggies. It's a bit blurry, but with the lumasharpen ReShade shader you can get some pretty good IQ!

23240765096_1bc0be7664_o.jpg

23266903035_cfc57f59e6_o.jpg

I don't know how I feel about it.

Hmm... the grass looks really out of place. The clusters end too abruptly considering how healthy the grass is, and the ground and rock textures don't really match it either. I think it's the kind of mod that will only work once Beth releases GECK 2 and gives modders a way to make world space edits.

Nick Pal

There is a freecam CT for TW2
Witcher 2 - Free camera table

Nice shots, Cherno's preset is damn good but that grass looks kinda strange.

Thanks mate, I'm aware. What I meant to say was I need to get it working with the GOG 32 bit version of Witcher 2. I talked to Jim about it and he said it seems to be a known issue. It works with the Steam version apparently however the problem with that is that the fucking game crashes to the desktop after the first prologue with or without the patches.

Top Bottom