• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Faith

15656383283_6f7bcd6301_o.jpg

16088725648_1c303bfea8_o.jpg
This game is just outstanding. Is there anything better than this in terms of visuals?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
CyberPunked and Nick Pal.

Quite a lot of JPG compression artefacts in your pics. Please, read the OP again.

Any specific examples to point to? I just checked two shots out and not seeing much of a problem on either of their behalfs.

This game is just outstanding. Is there anything better than this in terms of visuals?

Probably not. To me AC: Unity and Ryse are the best looking games out there at the moment. Ryse being the more realistic looking.

BF4!
First time using Cinematic Tools by Hattiwatti. In the first screen it took me forever to get Pac in his position and not have too much clipping on his arms...

16386017106_e1aee7e5eb_o.png

15791951073_517048b8c3_o.png

Flickr

Any specific examples to point to? I just checked two shots out and not seeing much of a problem on either of their behalfs.

Compression artifacts are clearly visible. FastStone reports original quality 92%.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149955491&postcount=1491

Artifacts not so visible but still there and original quality 94%. Images are links to external site.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149921795&postcount=1484

Space Engine: White Hole Mod

16386015726_02b1a70c5d_o.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Spazznid

Why can't games look out -of-the-box how Reshade makes them look?

That's like enjoying the way Mona Lisa would look with a mustache and thinking, "Why can't she have looked like this to begin with?"

The way you or I want a game to look has nothing to do with the way it's creator wishes it to look.

Filben

I always recommend 97%. Even with side by side comparisons with heavy zoom level you probably won't notice a difference to 100% but you do in file size. Everything below 97% gets visible. And here it depends on accustoming of people and the image and its scenery. 97% is pretty safe.

I would say no although the lighting of AC Unity is THE best lighting I have ever seen in a video game. But at least you can safely say that there's no better looking ancient Rome out there :)

Ryse: Son of Rome
16088740778_7586c3a2f9_o.jpg

16090135889_f4e60b44fb_o.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
No SSR and obmb or POM makes baby jesus cry.
Think it depends on the area. Although I think they use cube maps instead of real time reflections in windows. Wouldn't POM be part of the tessellation patch? Plus considering how the floor looks already I wouldn't necessarily say that it needs POM.

Thorgal

Finally have this monster running stable
235 plugins , 235 motherf*cking plugins running stable.
And that number is after merging so the totral is even higher .

screenshot190zfri.jpg

screenshot22ytcr8.jpg

Filben

Hey how did you get the hudless shots? I'm using ziggys mod and Reshade.
I use a modified DLL that removes almost every HUD element. The only thing's left is "saving checkpoint", menus like buying weapons, and the interface when you use you camera. Everything else is hidden but so is also the weapon wheel and button prompts at quick time events. So you really have to know what you're doing. If you wanna give it try: https://app.box.com/s/wwlfmgx2y7c8mh4mhjv4 replace your old, backed up, file in ...\Far Cry 3\bin

Far Cry 3
15793378483_2dce33487a_o.jpg

15793384233_fd34bfc1e5_o.jpg

Nick Pal

I use a modified DLL that removes almost every HUD element. The only thing's left is "saving checkpoint", menus like buying weapons, and the interface when you use you camera. Everything else is hidden but so is also the weapon wheel and button prompts at quick time events. So you really have to know what you're doing. If you wanna give it try: https://app.box.com/s/wwlfmgx2y7c8mh4mhjv4 replace your old, backed up, file in ...\Far Cry 3\bin

Far Cry 3
15793378483_2dce33487a_o.jpg

15793384233_fd34bfc1e5_o.jpg

Woah that's pretty hardcore..Hm I might give it a shot.. thanks a bunch!

AlterOdin

Zelda Wind Waker; slow start but loving it now. Have a bunch more, but was all jpeg until I set steam to take uncompressed screens.

zelda1sju9i.png

zelda2taufc.png

Think it depends on the area. Although I think they use cube maps instead of real time reflections in windows. Wouldn't POM be part of the tessellation patch? Plus considering how the floor looks already I wouldn't necessarily say that it needs POM.

i dont even think the tessellation patch is still coming at this point. what would be the point for ubisoft to continue pumping money and time into it. maybe in victory

I may have timestop, fov hotkeys, free camera, and a hud toggle.... but I will not be interested in taking screenshots of this game until I can get rid of this fucking CA

16414123201_641fb49e25_o.jpg

Gross.

From the mod page:

Chromatic Aberration Begone disables the forced chromatic aberration effect used during cutscenes, zombie bites, and elsewhere.

However, the distant color separation effect that is used seemingly as part of the Depth of Field, when objects on the screen are out of focus, is not affected by this mod. There is no known method for disabling that effect.

It doesn't actually remove the CA from normal gameplay. Nobody seems to have done that yet.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
i dont even think the tessellation patch is still coming at this point. what would be the point for ubisoft to continue pumping money and time into it. maybe in victory
Couple days ago during a live stream they said a fifth patch was coming.

Top Bottom