• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Sleeping Dogs + ReShade + MasterEffect ReBorn
Link : Image
It almost looks like Ground Zeroes, but better. :p

Has anyone had any luck changing the screenshot key with ReShade? I keep modifying it in SweetFX_Settings.txt, but nothing happens. It remains using PRINTSCN, but I want to use a different key. :|

Durante

screenshot_2015-01-04dxsrd.jpg

screenshot_2015-01-04qwsy2.jpg

merrickxx

Neo Member
16014709410_b6603c4b3a_o.png

16202047105_60837db007_o.png

Difficult to get the lighting decent in this game with the engine limitations, despite there being many tools for fine-tuning. Blown-out whites and crushed blacks all over, until you get the whites under control, but then the blacks are washed out. Might be fixable by editing the under-car shadows directly.

One3rd

Fuckin' A
One3d's DA:I shots looks absolutely stunning. Reminds me that I should start playing that game one of these day's. Especially since I already own it since launch, heh.
Thanks! I was playing around with the cinematic tools to check out the different options and those two I liked. It's a little bit daunting actually, I spent over an hour just playing around with composition and bloom in the outline shot before finding what I wanted. I can see myself spending heaps of time on this game. =)

A little near DoF in this first shot to blur the particle effects closer to the camera. Kinda worked out well, but blurred objects behind something in focus kinda look weird (see the sword).

16016366379_dec97df508_o.jpg

16017294807_051962237c_o.jpg

Durante

Never thought I'd say this about any post-FFT FF game, but I.... like the outfit of the person on the left. o_O
Sad fact: the best costumes in FF13-2 are the ones not designed by Square Enix.

lolz
Get that poor girl some more climate-appropriate apparel! xD
But then the idle animation isn't as appropriate! (I actually really like how the idle animations in that game adapt to climate or rain)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

But then the idle animation isn't as appropriate! (I actually really like how the idle animations in that game adapt to climate or rain)
But that white mage costume tho

3715Serah_White_Mage_RGB.jpg

^ I'd love more designs like this in future FF games instead of the sci-fi pseudo realism look they keep going for.

Mostly just a little DoF here. There are still a lot of shaders I've yet to play with. I should do a comparison with the SSAO on\off.

16177338816_b8c2d58e84_o.jpg

15580788834_76b2a8047c_o.jpg

robgrab

Sleeping Dogs + ReShade + MasterEffect ReBorn

Sure glad I held off playing this game because THIS is how I want to play it. So excited about the possibilities ReShade is opening up for older games. So far the DoF shader alone has been a game changer. Honestly I'm more interested in going back through older games enabling these new shaders than I am playing anything new.

How are you doing AA with DoF?

No AA, just downsampling.

whats reshade?

ReShade is like... ENB and SweetFX had a baby and was compatible with OpenGL and DirectX (8,9,10,11). It uses a generic way of getting the depth buffer for each game in order to apply more advanced shaders (including depth of field and ssao). It's still in beta, but coming along nicely.

I'm using an add-on to ReShade called Master Effect Reborn by Marty McFly

Here is the official website for Reshade. (ahh, I've been beaten)

Basically a way to inject various shaders into older games. Supports most versions of DirectX and OpenGL.

Why did you specify older games when I'm using it in Lords of the Fallen?

doomquake

wow there are some insane shots in this thread..star citizen, dragon age look amazing. Seriously..these threads put a boot up AAA marketing's asses

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I am 100% completely unsurprised at this. I knew that it couldn't be right that I liked an outfit from the game... xD

Yeah that's pretty cool.

robgrab

Why did you specify older games when I'm using it in Lords of the Fallen?

Guess I should have clarified that (I changed it). Personally I'm only using it for older games since most modern games already use a lot of these newer effects so the difference isn't as remarkable. Regarding my AA and DoF question, I didn't notice you were rendering your screens at 6K. That would certainly solve the AA problem but would be impractical for me to actually play a game at that res.

With Lords, you don't really have any AA at your disposal. You can inject SMAA but I think that's about it. So downsampling really is the only way I know to get AA that I know of.

impact

Banned
Seeing that gets me hot for the GTA5 screens in here soon. Playing the PS4 version and it obviously looks nice, and even incredible at times but the dudes with i7/980s combos are gonna have some near lifelike shit I think.

Hoping I can get my bills sorted out so my next check is free to maybe get a 970 or something for it. I don't think I can justify a 980 right now :(

Mad1723

Seeing that gets me hot for the GTA5 screens in here soon. Playing the PS4 version and it obviously looks nice, and even incredible at times but the dudes with i7/980s combos are gonna have some near lifelike shit I think.

Hoping I can get my bills sorted out so my next check is free to maybe get a 970 or something for it. I don't think I can justify a 980 right now :(

My rig is ready. Can't wait! I have the PS4 and Xbox One versions and they are already looking very good. PC is going to be mind blowing with everything cranked and 60 FPS :D

Honestly I'm more interested in going back through older games enabling these new shaders than I am playing anything new.
Exactly what I said to someone on Flickr. I actually think this type of DOF looks better in older games, but I've also been totally spoiled by A:I.

Don't think I can remove the HUD would be nice too though.
Unless they've changed it since the closed beta, to remove the Survarium HUD you have to go to console ~ and use "ui 0". From there you can use the weapon-swap trick to snap some "pure" shots, back to console and "ui 1". In a populated game this can be a bit awkward lol

surv-beta29uj47.jpg

surv-beta42ekx9.jpg

So far the DoF shader alone has been a game changer.

Honestly I'm more interested in going back through older games enabling these new shaders than I am playing anything new.

DoF can also be a game changer in NEW games with very OLD lod issues (I'm looking at you, Unity). I'd love to use Depth of Field to add some blur to distant scenery, but unfortunately ReShade isn't getting the depth buffer properly for that game.

I'd love to try it on some older games.... I just don't know what older games to try. I'm tempted to revisit Sleeping dogs to put in a proper free camera. The one I used to use was pretty unwieldy.

xHiryu

Kinda out of the loop when it comes to all these graphical enhancements you guys use, I'm aware of SweetFX (not clue if it is still the thing to use), but what is ReShade? I've been seeing it in a few shots here and it looks really, really good.

Kinda out of the loop when it comes to all these graphical enhancements you guys use, I'm aware of SweetFX (not clue if it is still the thing to use), but what is ReShade? I've been seeing it in a few shots here and it looks really, really good.

ReShade is like... ENB and SweetFX had a baby and was compatible with OpenGL and DirectX (8,9,10,11). It uses a generic way of getting the depth buffer for each game in order to apply more advanced shaders (including depth of field and ssao). It's still in beta, but coming along nicely.

I'm using an add-on to ReShade called Master Effect Reborn by Marty McFly

Here is the official website for Reshade. (ahh, I've been beaten)

Don't feel bad if you're out of the loop. ReShade is still in beta. But if you like to throw shaders at your games, ReShade is shaping up to be the future. A generic way to add bokeh depth of field to any game is the post processing equivalent to flying cars. I never thought it would happen.

Anywho, here's another shot I have lying around from my ReShade testing.

16200644701_22e29eb66e_o.jpg

Top Bottom