• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

http://blackdesertscene.com/news/2/how-to-download-the-korea-open-beta-for-black-desert-online

That also links to a guide on how to get an account. Worked for myself and a few hundred others from Reddit.

Thanks. Seems pretty simple to do, I should try that... Does the game have a English language option and are there any people speaking English since I don't think I wanna run around not knowing crap about what people are saying :)
Also, do you know when the beta is opening in Europe?(If ever)

ibl5eozfD8TylO.jpg

ibqOBBXZfEUNB0.jpg

Don't you think that character's a tad over the top?

Thorgal

Don't you think that character's a tad over the top?

Not really ,

This is still pretty tame compared to what you can do with Mods that come from the Modding site that must not be named .

The reason why those are not used is the guy would likely get banned for posting them :p

Spazznid

Thanks. Seems pretty simple to do, I should try that... Does the game have a English language option and are there any people speaking English since I don't think I wanna run around not knowing crap about what people are saying :)
Also, do you know when the beta is opening in Europe?(If ever)

No English option. There is a group of users making an English "Patch" but it's slow going right now, so no idea when it will be publicly available. Most Koreans don't seem to know English, or just don't want to speak it. Whenever I swoop in on a Korean trying to tame a wild horse, and manage to tame it myself in front of them, I shout AMERICA AMERICA in chat, for giggles, and then name the Horse something like USA, or RedWhiteAndBlue, and put it on the open horse market for others to buy. Every once in a while I will meet a Korean who can speak English, but mostly it's just Hi, and "Where are you from?"

There's a Russian Open Beta coming soon, not sure when but you can probably find out. The English beta wont be coming till at least some time late this year due to DAUM setting their own office up here in America. Apparently, they're already pretty far with English translation and whatnot, but the office is probably what will take the longest.

You won't know what people are saying, and the System messages that pop up will be in Korean as well. But after a while you learn which buttons mean what, and what towns are where, etc. I'm a part of the Reddit Guild, and all you need to get in there is to go to the BlackDesertOnline Reddit and look at the FAQ post. We're all on Raidcall and we help each other out with everything. Fun fact, I'm pretty sure we were the first guild to announce war with another guild (which was also an English speaking guild). BD is about to release the new Tamer class, which I want to play, and after that, they'll be releasing a huge chunk of land called Media (Meh dee-uh) to the East of the current available lands. Soon after that, we will get access to the desert, which is the entire area East of that. Then will come the Snow area and so on.

Here's a huge ass map that highlights the currently available area to put shit into perspective...

Click it to show the full size.

Media is the area to the East of the main lands to the big river, and the desert includes everything further East than that river. They will also be opening up the Ocean for naval play. It takes over ten minutes to travel from the mainland to that island so far, so I can't imagine when it's all out. I plan on doing a video of me going from one end of the currently available map to the other.

Anyways, no more talking. More posting!

Here's a shot of the creepy character my friend made.

irbptt.png

Spazznid

Here's a creepy character I made!

aymhtq.png

Here's a Korean player I found camping a horse, and we decided that since he didn't know English and I didn't know Korean, we'd be bffs.

neoczz.png

Spazznid

Remember that the UI elements can be disabled, so all that noise is optional. I turned stuff off since, but not in these shots. Here's a REALLY happy guy who helped me kill a bunch of mobs.

xuiepo.png

AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA!!! This is a shot of me triumphantly riding my newly obtained horse lol.

mdpnqn.png

Spazznid

Black Desert looks insane. (For an MMO)

How does it run?

60 fps in most areas. 30 fps in very crowded areas. Runs like a dream, and I hear the 32 bit exe runs a bit better with less small details and a slightly lower view distance.

I take it you haven't completed Dragonborn?

I wasn't serious
Just in case :)

Edit:
But I have completed everything in the base game and the dlc's... I can't remember if the halo was an item in one of them? If that's what you're getting at?

Hey guys, does anyone using reshade understand how to control the manual depth of field settings? I can get the far depth of field value to work and change well, but near depth of field is hard to understand (inserting different values seems to do nothing).

Hey guys, does anyone using reshade understand how to control the manual depth of field settings? I can get the far depth of field value to work and change well, but near depth of field is hard to understand (inserting different values seems to do nothing).

The problem is how the numbers correlate to the dimensions/camera position and focal point, I can only advise you to run the game in a window and change the settings on the fly to see what does what or try a game with an ENB that has a similar dof implementation (Skyrim has some of these), you can play around with the settings while playing the game and get a better feel for what is what and what numbers are appropriate. Can't give you any specific numbers as I haven't played around with it in detail, maybe others can help you out with that.

Personally, (after heavy use of Skyrim ENB) I wont be spending much time anymore with adjusting these things manually. I activate auto-focus and be done with it.

The problem is how the numbers correlate to the dimensions/camera position and focal point, I can only advise you to run the game in a window and change the settings on the fly to see what does what or try a game with an ENB that has a similar dof implementation (Skyrim has some of these), you can play around with the settings while playing the game and get a better feel for what is what and what numbers are appropriate. Can't give you any specific numbers as I haven't played around with it in detail, maybe others can help you out with that.

Worst part is that I did do manual near depth of field correctly in 1 game before (doom 3 with sikkmod) but I forgot how the settings were set up there also!

iNvid02

looks like the DET flickr group lives again which is nice
duncan should never have closed it down in the first place, trying to migrate over to the det forum was a terrible idea

looks like the DET flickr group lives again which is nice
duncan should never have closed it down in the first place, trying to migrate over to the det forum was a terrible idea

The reason the group was shut down in the first place was that people just didn't care about the rules and it was becoming too annoying to moderate. The group was to be an extension of Duncan's website, which houses some of the very best screenshots on the internet (the guy is an expert, no denying that). But the quality of stuff in that group just wasn't reflecting that.

So the goal behind DET shifted. We wanted to make DET the starting point for anyone getting interested in the hobby (basically a fusion of photography and digital art). The best thing about the forum was that now, we have a really strong community built around sharing information and tools which makes getting quality screenshots much easier. Flickr groups are terrible for that since nobody reads the discussion. Having a thread per game seems like the best way to go. And now we can have useful discussions about composition, framing, and other crap like that.

So the forum is great and isn't going anywhere. The Flickr group opened up again because the screenshot threads on the forum just weren't working out (it's not an ideal format, and per-shot discussion on a forum is very impractical). For now, it will probably be invite and approved shots only until such time that can figure out how to moderate it so it won't just be another group people dump their Flickr accounts into. Group dumping is pretty common there, and it really dilutes the meaning behind niche group.

So yeah, cool things are happening. Especially on Natty.Dread's photostream.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
But I have completed everything in the base game and the dlc's... I can't remember if the halo was an item in one of them? If that's what you're getting at?

I guess you missed a cave!
I was yanking your chain =p

Spazznid

The reason the group was shut down in the first place was that people just didn't care about the rules and it was becoming too annoying to moderate. The group was to be an extension of Duncan's website, which houses some of the very best screenshots on the internet (the guy is an expert, no denying that). But the quality of stuff in that group just wasn't reflecting that.

So the goal behind DET shifted. We wanted to make DET the starting point for anyone getting interested in the hobby (basically a fusion of photography and digital art). The best thing about the forum was that now, we have a really strong community built around sharing information and tools which makes getting quality screenshots much easier. Flickr groups are terrible for that since nobody reads the discussion. Having a thread per game seems like the best way to go. And now we can have useful discussions about composition, framing, and other crap like that.

So the forum is great and isn't going anywhere. The Flickr group opened up again because the screenshot threads on the forum just weren't working out (it's not an ideal format, and per-shot discussion on a forum is very impractical). For now, it will probably be invite and approved shots only until such time that can figure out how to moderate it so it won't just be another group people dump their Flickr accounts into. Group dumping is pretty common there, and it really dilutes the meaning behind niche group.

So yeah, cool things are happening. Especially on Natty.Dread's photostream.

I always meant to try the forums but two forums is a lot for me to keep up with what with my ADD.

Top Bottom