• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

16235459766_1c9509fb6e_o.png

16074073090_5a266b39b4_o.png

How did you expand the focal point of the titlt shift effect? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get anything but a thin strip in focus, and probably 90% of the rest of the image is blurred D:

I didn't. I just lowered "TiltShiftMult" which made tilt-shift less blurry and made it seem like the focal point expanded.

http://www.reshade.me
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4982574&postcount=123

There are currently two ways to use it (at least that I know of).

BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Make sure AA is completely disabled in your game.

1. Download the public beta bundled with SweetFX found in the Download section of the ReShade site. With this you can basically run the latest version of SweetFX using the ReShade injector that supports DX8-11 and OpenGL. You can also force Depth of Field by downloading Depth of Field by martinsh and copying it into your game folder where ReShade is installed. You'll then have to add this line in your Sweet.fx file under Settings
#include "DOF (martinsh).fx"
The benefit of this method is you can use all of SweetFX's shaders including SMAA. The downside is you won't have access to the REALLY cool shaders.

2. The alternative method, and most popular, is to use the Reshade injector with the Marty McFlys MasterEffect Reborn shader pack. This is a much more comprehensive shader package that contains a variety of shaders including SSAO, Bloom, Anamorphic Lens Flare, plus three variations of DoF. The downside is it currently doesn't contain any AA options.

Double-click the ReShade Setup.exe that comes with ReShade to select your game and it'll automatically try to install the correct injector based on whether it's 32 or 64 bit along with which version of DirectX or OpenGL it uses.

After that just drop Marty's ReShade.fx into the same game folder and you're good to go.

Here's how I manually install it (I'll use Quake 4 as an example):
- Open your Quake 4 folder and copy either ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll inside. (it'll be ReShade32.dll in this case because Quake 4 is a 32bit application).
- Rename ReShade32.dll to OPENGL32.dll (because Quake 4 uses OpenGL rather than DirectX)
- Copy ReShade.fx from MasterEffect Reborn to your Quake 4 folder.
- Double-click on ReShade.fx and you'll see a list of options starting with #define USE_
- Change the 0 to a 1 for the shaders you want to enable.
- Scrolling down further you can change the parameters of the shaders under their respective header.
- Launch your game and try it.

Here's a before and after comparison.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/107722

NOTE: It's not compatible with all games. It's still very early beta. Check the ReShade forums for troubleshooting specific games. Hopefully someone will start a master compatibility list. Also I'm no tutorial writer, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something, so if anyone has any corrections or comments let me know and I'll update this.
Thanks for this.

Now to figure out how to make depth buffer actually work.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about the text. Some elements you could remove, but not the present. Also, the textures are set to highest possible, I don't know if they look better in the full game (haven't played that in many years).

flatout5ie8b.png

flatout246c5r.png

kanuuna

ibuFyTBS84ga76.jpg

ibsYnqFj5qX8uR.jpg

I couldn't recall the game having as wide of a color palette as it does. I had to turn the resolution down a notch for better playability, though I'm hopefully going to upgrade to a whole new PC in the near future. My GPU seems like it's dying.

So my first screenshots, I apologize in advance for the hud and cursor but I've spent the best part of the last week installing all the mods and most of today getting parallax working with real water two so it will have to do for now. I haven't downloaded skyUI + Immersive HUD so I don't have a quick way to disable it yet so sorry about that.

ihtjIy8THOR3f.png

iIuuMhMzxqfOW.png

RK9039

So my first screenshots, I apologize in advance for the hud and cursor but I've spent the best part of the last week installing all the mods and most of today getting parallax working with real water two so it will have to do for now. I haven't downloaded skyUI + Immersive HUD so I don't have a quick way to disable it yet so sorry about that.

Do this, open up the console command in game and type in tm (removes the hud and all menus), tfc (for free camera, do it in first person mode so you can see your character) and also tfc 1 (to freeze the time and have the free camera turned on).

You can also type in fov *number default is 65* to play around with the view. Apparently this mod makes it easier: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33521/?

ibuFyTBS84ga76.jpg

ibsYnqFj5qX8uR.jpg

I couldn't recall the game having as wide of a color palette as it does. I had to turn the resolution down a notch for better playability, though I'm hopefully going to upgrade to a whole new PC in the near future. My GPU seems like it's dying.

I'm guessing this is using Reshade? Could you share your settings?

ibuFyTBS84ga76.jpg

ibsYnqFj5qX8uR.jpg

Damn. I need to start playing about with this reshade thingy.

Do this, open up the console command in game and type in tm (removes the hud and all menus), tfc (for free camera, do it in first person mode so you can see your character) and also tfc 1 (to freeze the time and have the free camera turned on).

You can also type in fov *number default is 65* to play around with the view. Apparently this mod makes it easier: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33521/?
Thanks that did the trick nice and easily, that mod uses SkyUI too, since I'm using a controller I actually prefer the standard menus, sure they aren't as functional but I don't see the need to change it.

Looks great! Mind telling me which ENB you're using? And if it's not much of a bother a few mods you'd say were essential to get it looking like that?
I used the S.T.E.P guide initially and installed everything I liked the look of but I didn't think it made a huge difference, everything looked a bit nicer but it still essentially looked the same. That's when I decided I needed an ENB initially just because I wanted parallax water as prior to that I thought they just changed the colour palette but I was very wrong.

I decided on Natural Lights and Atmospherics with Skyrim Enhanced Shaders NLA tweaks (which also has a guide on how to install it on Nexus) and then to get the parallax on the water I just had to install the parallax optional parallax file for Real Water Two + another optional file it gives you a link to which makes the subsurface scattering more prominent. The best part about it, is you don't need to install any other lighting or weather mods as it does it all

It is very very resource intensive though, I have an i7 3930k and GTX690 and when I'm getting 60fps my card is basically maxed on both GPU's with an OC at 97% and I'm either getting dips in outdoors averaging around 45-50fps because my CPU is bottlenecked or I've not got enough VRAM, I haven't quite decided which yet.

The ones which are going to make the most difference are the high-res textures, increasing the LOD distance and quality (so that when the ENB removes the distance fog it doesn't look like a low-res mess), the Real Water Two with parallax and then the NLA ENB with the last two making the most difference.

Afro

How did you get DSR working with the game? 4K doesnt show up in the options for me. Did you just add it to the auto config?

You using 1.21?

actually wasn't DSR, my fault. it had that zoomed in issue so I just used Nvidia Control Panel custom res like the old days.

How did you get DSR working with the game? 4K doesnt show up in the options for me. Did you just add it to the auto config?

You using 1.21?

Any resolution being it DSR or your own custom made should be selectable from the resolution drop-down menu in Crysis. I had the same problem until I noticed there's a small square on the right side of the drop-down menu. When pushed down and dragged it let's you scroll down and see your custom resolutions.
(Yeah, it has to be pushed down and dragged, just scrolling with the wheel doesn't work for some reason). If this doesn't work for some reason adding your res to the autoexec.cfg should work. (4K for example)

con_restricted = 0
r_width = 3840
r_height = 2160

For those of you experimenting with ReShade please contribute your findings to the official compatibility list.
http://www.reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/87-compatibility-list#394

Do you know if there's some kind of a database where people can share their ReShade presets like for SweetFX?
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/

Top Bottom