• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

robgrab

Dead Space 3 @5K + ReShade

16246237886_2c67bdecf6_o_d.png

Really digging some of the Filmic shaders in ReShade. Depth of Field works so good in this game that sometimes I forget it's not built in. This game also has a real problem with aliasing. Thankfully I can downsample like crazy and it barely affects the frame rate. I can still get nearly 60fps at 5K. I'll have to try GeDoSaTo to see how far I can push it.

Here is the original (uncropped) version of the same screen. I cropped it because I didn't like the low res textures on the right side of the frame.

Lime

Really digging some of the Filmic shaders in ReShade. Depth of Field works so good in this game that sometimes I forget it's not built in. This game also has a real problem with aliasing. Thankfully I can downsample like crazy and it barely affects the frame rate. I can still get nearly 60fps at 5K. I'll have to try GeDoSaTo to see how far I can push it.

That dark blue filter in contrast with the white lighting is pretty impressive.

That's pretty sexy. Can you pastebin your FX file? =)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Does the in-game SMAA option not work with Reshade? I found my 4K tests with the in-game SMAA had a lot less aliasing than the shot there.

kanuuna

I'm guessing this is using Reshade? Could you share your settings?

Download via Dropbox.com

I posted it a few pages ago, but here it is again. The movie bars are enabled by default, so if you're using a custom 21:9 resolution (or native), if you prefer seeing everything you're rendering you'll want to turn that off. Set the game's bloom setting to Off and keep the brightness at default.
If you do use the movie bars, you should use WideScreen fixer. I'm playing the game with that set on at 0.34 increase.

16085729920_d9e7b11f2a_o.jpg

Download via Dropbox.com

I posted it a few pages ago, but here it is again. The movie bars are enabled by default, so if you're using a custom 21:9 resolution (or native), if you prefer seeing everything you're rendering you'll want to turn that off. Set the game's bloom setting to Off and keep the brightness at default.
If you do use the movie bars, you should use WideScreen fixer. I'm playing the game with that set on at 0.34 increase.

16085729920_d9e7b11f2a_o.jpg

Did you download the Reshade + Sweetfx? or just Reshade on it's own?

kanuuna

Did you download the Reshade + Sweetfx? or just Reshade on it's own?

The ReShade version I'm using is the ReShade 0.11.1 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Preview. The MasterEffect ReBorn file used here is the version 1.0.302.

This is just the tweaked ReShade.fx MasterEffect file. I haven't been editing any other files, so the Sweet.fx file shouldn't be any different from what you get from a fresh install. Install ReShade and the MasterEffect ReBorn, then Rename the file DS1_ReShade.fx to ReShade.fx and replace the installed MasterEffect file.

KKRT00

Yes I did but only slightly and in combination with TAA, sharpening from MasterEffect and DSR.

Why would You use FXAA when Ryse already uses also blurry but much, much superior AA technique?
You can also sharpen image via command line:
r_PostAASharpening 0...2 (values range from 0 to 2, default is 0.2)

Also game has its own SSAA option too :)

Why would You use FXAA when Ryse already uses also blurry but much, much superior AA technique?
You can also sharpen image via command line:
r_PostAASharpening 0...2 (values range from 0 to 2, default is 0.2)

Also game has its own SSAA option too :)

Yeah, i know that but I just wanted to play around with ReShade in Ryse since it just became supported.

I'm more impressed with this version.

Maybe it's just me. But good work as always :)

Haha, it's a bit of a coin toss. I like how the contrast on the wheel and in the car sets off the rest of the image in the day one, but the sunset shot is literally glowing :p

I'm glad you like it!

I must move on from cars though. I hoped ReShade would give me DoF in DayZ, but alas, no depth access.

What!? What are your specs?

robgrab

That dark blue filter in contrast with the white lighting is pretty impressive.
I was very impressed myself. I was going for a more cinematic vibe and with minimum effort I got this. Marty McFly's shaders are like a candy store for graphics nerds like myself.

That's pretty sexy. Can you pastebin your FX file? =)
It's nothing fancy. All I did was enable MATSODOF, FILMICPASS, and FILMICCURVE at their default settings (v1.0.302). I may add LEVELS later to fine tune it. Dead Space 3 already comes with so many good effects that it doesn't need too much to make it look good.

Does the in-game SMAA option not work with Reshade? I found my 4K tests with the in-game SMAA had a lot less aliasing than the shot there.
YES! I had no idea in-game SMAA was even enabled. I just assumed it was off because ReShade worked. I was under the impression AA had to be disabled for ReShade to work. Apparently not.

What!? What are your specs?
Very modest by today's standards:
i5 3570K oc'ed to 4.4GHz
8GB RAM
dual EVGA GTX 670 FTW Editions running in SLI

Dead Space is just one of those rare games that tends to run very well on PC hardware.

robgrab

Is Reshade mature / stable enough to use in actual gameplay then?
So far it's been more stable for me than SweetFX or many older post process injectors. Most of the problems happen when it's initially hooking. Once it's up and running it's very stable. Can't say I've had any ReShade specific crashes.

Spazznid

16091362587_0df7d34550_o.jpg

16089862570_27a179c689_o.jpg

I can't really get over how awesome this game's Black and White filter is. There's a normal one, and then there's this. It looks like it takes out all the specularity and changes the brightness of certain materials or something. If anyone has any idea I'd love to know.

Spazznid

16277224205_9a130c54f7_o.jpg

16091362647_6eab682dbf_o.jpg

A lot of the faces in these trees are unique. I think the tree beings roaming around either die or eventually turn in to these trees, or both. There's one that's just insanely huge and hard to take a screenshot of.

Spazznid

15657349733_51e8fff0e3_o.jpg

Accidentally took this one at 1440p, but it came out alright. was screwing around with Reshade. It works wonders in this game, but for some reason the Depth Buffer keeps going from working fine 75% of the time and then going black for a few seconds when I move around in certain areas. I think there might be something loading in that interfere's with it or something.

I also have no idea what I'm doing when I try to manually edit DoF settings. Nothing seems to affect focus points at all in Matso's and the others give me trouble as well.

finalflame

Accidentally took this one at 1440p, but it came out alright. was screwing around with Reshade. It works wonders in this game, but for some reason the Depth Buffer keeps going from working fine 75% of the time and then going black for a few seconds when I move around in certain areas. I think there might be something loading in that interfere's with it or something.
What game?

decyx

Such a great shot. There's so much detail. I really love the color and lighting. Also, the shadows on the door look incredibly realistic. Man I can't wait to see how much better games will look by the end of this generation. By the way, this thread is amazing when you're high.

Where I am currently in the game: Templars - no problem, Darkspawn - no problem, Grizzly Bears - run for your life from these OP beasts!

They sometimes seem to travel in packs too. Just when I think I'm finished one, another one comes out of nowhere.

One3rd

They sometimes seem to travel in packs too. Just when I think I'm finished one, another one comes out of nowhere.
Why do you think I'm running! This was the second one that came sniffing around just as I barely finished off the first.

robgrab

I also have no idea what I'm doing when I try to manually edit DoF settings. Nothing seems to affect focus points at all in Matso's and the others give me trouble as well.

Have you tried Marty's new Magic DOF? He wrote it himself so it might work better than the others.

Omni

Does anyone have some screenshots of the final scene in Assassin's Creed Unity? The one with Elise.

I understand it may be a bit spoilerish so if someone does (or can get them), would it be too much to ask if you could PM a link? I've been searching through the threads and can't find any of that particular scene. Thank you very much.

Does anyone have some screenshots of the final scene in Assassin's Creed Unity? The one with Elise.

I understand it may be a bit spoilerish so if someone does (or can get them), would it be too much to ask if you could PM a link? I've been searching through the threads and can't find any of that particular scene. Thank you very much.

Why from that exact scene? You mean the scene where
Elise dies?
I could snap a few if ReShade would start to work again but the latest version isn't working with Unity currently. (At least for me it isn't)

Omni

Why from that exact scene? You mean the scene where
Elise dies?
I could snap a few if ReShade would start to work again but the latest version isn't working with Unity currently. (At least for me it isn't)
I just like it. Kinda bummed me out experiencing it for the first time

Though any screenshots of Elise would be good. There's some nice cutscenes in the game. I understand a few have been posted before but unless you see them as they're posted it's hard to sort through pages and pages with horrible Australian Internet :3

Top Bottom