• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 PC Screenshot Thread of the Only Place Where Compression Isn't

Vuze

Some great Witcher 3 shots, I especially like the mood in these two.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7797/17995958736_9f9df990ce_k.jpg[/IMG]
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8880/17995947766_f4fe57e9a1_k.jpg[/IMG]

On a sidenote, I was playing around with DoF in GTAV today (yes, I enabled the log depth buffer stuff) but the effect looks totally different when I take screenshots in higher resolutions, it's barely noticable at all. Any clue what I did wrong? Or is it a known issue with Reshade?

How it should look like (native resolution of the window I used to easily tab in and out to modify the config files): http://abload.de/img/gta52015-05-2521-33-08gqr4.png

How ANY other resolution looks like, it doesn't matter if I choose 2560x1080 or 5120x2160: http://abload.de/img/gta52015-05-2521-21-4r4oc0.jpg

kanuuna

Some great Witcher 3 shots, I especially like the mood in these two.

On a sidenote, I was playing around with DoF in GTAV today (yes, I enabled the log depth buffer stuff) but the effect looks totally different when I take screenshots in higher resolutions, it's barely noticable at all. Any clue what I did wrong? Or is it a known issue with Reshade?

How it should look like (native resolution of the window I used to easily tab in and out to modify the config files): http://abload.de/img/gta52015-05-2521-33-08gqr4.png

How ANY other resolution looks like, it doesn't matter if I choose 2560x1080 or 5120x2160: http://abload.de/img/gta52015-05-2521-21-4r4oc0.jpg

#define DOF_BLURRADIUS XX.X //[5.0 to 50.0] Blur radius approximately in pixels. Radius, not diameter.

Higher pixel count (resolution) requires higher blur radius since it isn't percentage based, if I'm reading this correctly.

Ark

witcher32015-05-2520-pkuv4.png

witcher32015-05-2421-73uvf.png

Get out of my head!

Shot I took from almost the same angle and time of day, sans Geralt (because I sometimes suck at subject placement and prefer to be lazy....)

I like yours better.

New patch for The Witcher 3 broke my freecam again. I think I'll just never update the table for you guys so you stop posting screenshots that make mine look bad :p

shandy706

Nothing wrong with JPGs. All my shots are JPGs.

Reshade/sweetfx can capture BMPs or PNGs. I capture BMPs and convert them.

Ah, I purposefully avoided posting .jpgs in the PC thread as I thought the rule against compression or putting up .jpgs was something that is enforced. I could have sworn it was in the past at least. It's why I don't post Steam shots.

If not, no biggie, carry on :)

Shots are very pretty anyway.

Ah, I purposefully avoided posting .jpgs in the PC thread as I thought the rule against compression or putting up .jpgs was something that is enforced. I could have sworn it was in the past at least. It's why I don't post Steam shots.

If not, no biggie, carry on :)

Shots are very pretty anyway.
There is a rule against compression, but 100% quality jpgs are indistinguishable from pngs. Jpgs saved with lots of compression are against the rules... But it's not like we can do anything to enforce that :(

shandy706

There is a rule against compression, but 100% quality jpgs are indistinguishable from pngs. Jpgs saved with lots of compression are against the rules... But it's not like we can do anything to enforce that :(

Cool, good to know :) I always worried about posting some things.

witcher3_2015_05_25_1rco29.png

witcher3_2015_05_25_1oqqv0.png

Here are some shots at the resolution I play at, looks great on a 1080p HDTV.

I'm playing at 2880x1620 downsampled to 1080p, with forced 16xAF, forced 2x AA, and forced FXAA on top. Locked 30fps, everything on Ultra but shadows.

Thoraxes

I must have messed up my budget build then, I came out with a HD 7850 and an i5 4690k with that price. What GPU do you have?

All of these Witcher 3 screens are great.

I have a MSi GTX 970. Got it for under $200 (barely used) from a friend who wanted the 980 instead.

That, coupled with Black Friday/November sales, and combos on all the new Haswell-e mobo/ram/cpus was basically just buying the right things at the right time. I pretty much will only buy new PC parts during that month anyways because the savings are ridiculous if you can just hold out a little.

Vuze

I think I liked it better WITH the fog
Yup, me too. I think it's a nice way to hide the LoD.

Also took a shot in GTAV today, love the grappling hook mod.
I just grab onto a car roof and see where the driver takes me, today I was thrown off near a hiking path that led me here :D

I hope some high quality texture packs for some stuff like mountain ground or the fence in this pic etc. will be a thing in the near future.

K-putt SweetFX, downsampled from 6400x2700.
gta52015-05-2615-24-46zj7t.png

Durante

I feel like 4000 might almost be a bit too high. It looks very homogeneous in that shot. (But it could also just be the area)

shandy706

Nice shots! Are these from a cutscene? If not, I'm wondering how you got so much DoF

First one is from a camera cut when following "Gran" in the swamps.

The second is during a conversation cut :). I really liked the look and sense of being Geralt had in it.

@ One3rd

I've replied to your "flawless widescreen" tipp on my flickr page, just in case, I'll answer here. That works, Metal Gear Rising is completely functional now for screenshotting in higher res/downsampling and using ReShade on top, flawless widescreen makes hud unreadable which is the only remaining problem when people want to play like that and are not familiar with it.
I'm not going to use it as I have finished the game yesterday and wont return to the game in the near future, I've made a couple more 1080p shots along the way. Other people though are not restricted anymore by the game if they are interested in it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have some Witcher 3 shots, but since everyone is doing that have some Dead Space 3 instead.

deadspace3_2015_05_246dsvt.jpg

deadspace3_2015_05_24f8s6g.jpg

You've either got some bad JPEG compression, or the game has some real weird and serious noisy banding issues.

Thats super rad.

Well Visual V has a optional file that increases the LOD beyond the games maximum settings significantly .

But once i take an airplane it utterly rapes my 780TI C.

Few random shots from my witcher 2 playthrough with mods .

Game stil looks gorgeous as fuck .

witcher22015-05-2617-80o4e.jpg

witcher22015-05-2617-b7q6t.jpg

Have you got a modlist for Witcher 2? I'm playing through it as soon as I get the mod situation figured out for my first playthrough and your set up looks real good.

Nick Pal

Jim, your CE broke after the 1.04 patch..:(. I'm kicking myself for downloading it although I suppose that's a good thing for me. Maybe I'll get past the first quest now.
edit: nevermind. I see you're already one step ahead of em. Downloading the latest one :). Thank you.

The Witcher 3/Reshade+Framework

17922493900_3d28977653_o.png

Top Bottom