• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015: The Year of Xbox (All Exclusive Games)

I seriously doubt Phantom Dust and Crackdown are coming 2015. Scalebound seems like it might to me.

Depends on how they're doing Phantom Dust. A smaller title in the KI style could totally make its first season by 2015.

Anyway, the year's looking pretty good to me. Pretty light on the first half, though.

Amir0x

Banned
Next year doesn't look especially appealing from my perspective, but there are a few games I'd grab. Combined with Xbox One's last year output, not bad so far.

Quantum Break and Halo 5 are in. And while I hate to admit it, Plague Inc. might get a purchase when the wife is back home (I'll probably have it on PC). Quite a few of the indie titles will be PC.

Tomb Raider I'll wait on. Still haven't played the 2013 one since I missed the Black Friday sales.

I'm not that confident about Crackdown. Destiny and Titanfall are about all I can handle with online-only right now, and that's not throwing some massive issues like the particle 'cloud' gimmicks into the rest of the networking nightmare.

The rest I either don't care for or don't know much about. Phantom Dust might be worth looking into when it's actually shown.

GHG

Gold Member
Quantum break and state of decay for me. Really looking forward to state of decay, should be a blast. Won't support the tomb raider bullshit. Will get that on PC at a later date.

Hopefully there are some more announcements next year (gears, rare game, forza).

Bgamer90

Banned
Quantum Break, Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Crackdown (if it comes out in 2015), Scalebound (if it comes out in 2015), FRU, Spectra, Ori and The Blind Forest, Below, Cuphead.

Assuming there will be around 3-4 more games that are at least console exclusive to the Xbox One that I'll get in 2015 too.

NahaNago

More than half of the games in the OP look average/garbage imo
Year of the X1? Don't really think so...

Can't wait for the PC 2015 Exclusives: The Return of the King!
jk
thread =)

i would honestly love the pc 2015 exclusives. Give me a good reason to finally build me a new gaming computer.

x-Lundz-x

Quantum break is the reason I really bought my xb1. The white sunset bundle was just some icing. I love love love remedy and QB looks incredible. And as bitter as I am about tomb raider being exclusive to xb1 for a while Thats probably my next most wanted on the xb1 list for next year.

I need to see some halo 5 single player to get me hyped. I don't give a shit about the multiplayer.

vesvci

Banned
This list isn't so bad when you consider how many exclusive AAA titles Microsoft is releasing next year. They practically have half a year covered.

Eh, only game I am looking forward to is Halo. I really hope they don't fubar it like MCC.

x-Lundz-x

Eh, only game I am looking forward to is Halo. I really hope they don't fubar it like MCC.

How can you or anyone not be hyped for QB? Have you seen it? If not watch the footage. Amazing.

Remedy is in the same ballpark as naughty dog. God tier developers.

I seriously doubt Phantom Dust and Crackdown are coming 2015. Scalebound seems like it might to me.

you're probably right we don't even know what studio is making Phantom dust, I have no idea why that one of all things is a secret since Adam/Avi Ben/ Ken Lobb were all foaming from the mouth how good the studio they chose was because of their love for PD.

Also add to this the eventual Forza 6, other Xbox ID games, and I'm sure other exclusive games we don't know about yet, pretty solid lineup.

you're probably right we don't even know what studio is making Phantom dust, I have no idea why that one of all things is a secret since Adam/Avi Ben/ Ken Lobb were all foaming from the mouth how good the studio they chose was because of their love for PD.

Chances are that studio will presumably also reveal the scale of the project.

Since it's just a remake of the original, chances are it's not going to be a crazily ambitious 'triple-a-fication' of Phantom Dust. It'll probably be a mid-tier scale project that's great.

VinFTW

I'm with Shinobi in that this will be the best year for Xbox in a long, long time (he said possibly ever, but someone pointed out that 2007 was amazing and I'd have to agree).

Since it's just a remake of the original, chances are it's not going to be a crazily ambitious 'triple-a-fication' of Phantom Dust. It'll probably be a mid-tier scale project that's great.

Wait... confirmed remake? Not sequel or re-imagining? (reboot).

Source please, I gotta see this.

We've only seem cg for tomb raider.

I'm not one to judge/praise a game without any gameplay reveal, but TR2 is likely to be built on the same foundation of last year's reboot, which was a good game.

I mean, Crystal has got to be incompetent fools if they pulled a DMC2 with Tomb Raider.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It just doesn't seem like that much. Sony's first three months has more than Xbox's entire year (that we know of so far)

I think the bolded is the important part -- I think there's going to be quite a few surprises in store for 2015 that we don't even know about yet. Regardless, I'm already quite excited for Quantum Break, Ori, and Halo 5: Guardians (especially with the Elo-like ranking system I just learned about). I'm also playing Tomb Raider (2013) for the first time, and I'm probably going to end up getting Rise of the Tomb Raider as well. I'm also curious about Fable Legends, although I wish they would just re-release all the games on the Xbox One and announce a true Fable 4.

I'm also going to be ecstatic if Phantom Dust releases next year, and now that I'm thinking about it, I actually think it probably will. I think Crackdown will be a 2016 title, but Phantom Dust will be a 2015 one. I expect Scalebound to release in 2016/2017 though. :(

As far as speculative games though, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the next Rare game come out next year (potentially developed by Rare this time). Battletoads, maybe? Microsoft started out of the gate strong in getting its first Rare rebooted title (Killer Instinct) off to an incredibly strong start, and I hope they do the same with all of the other major Rare properties. There is a goldmine of IP there just waiting to be used.

RoKKeR

I'm with Shinobi in that this will be the best year for Xbox in a long, long time (he said possibly ever, but someone pointed out that 2007 was amazing and I'd have to agree).

Wait... confirmed remake? Not sequel or re-imagining? (reboot).

If he was teasing that is the case then there must be more that we don't know about. Because while the lineup is solid right now, it's a bit thin.

Will be picking up Inside and Quantum Break. Also, Phantom Dust could be cool, based off the original. But Inside a console exclusive? I thought it was coming to pretty much everything, just Xbox One first.

Haha now I see why they went and snagged Tomb Raider.

It's been obvious for a very long time why Tomb Raider is exclusive to Xbox in 2015. MS doesn't have a game that directly compares and competes with Uncharted in their lineup and they knew they needed one. Phil Spencer himself confirmed this.

JNA

Banned
So far the only game that actually looks good is QB. The rest look either average/below average or just garbage in general.

I'm so hyped for QB, Remedy has yet to let me down
cuokguN.gif

As awesome as this looks as I said earlier, no way in hell the game is going to look like that when released.

Holy fuck. Is that even possible?

Well Bethesda and Microsoft have been doing business with each other for years. Would not be surprised if that happened, especially now that Sony has SFV.

it's gonna be free to play as well KI style

As awesome as this looks as I said earlier, no way in hell the game is going to look like that when released.

i expect it to look even better

bede-x

They need to announce a lot of stuff to get anywhere near Sony next year, but I am looking forward to Crackdown and Scalebound. The rest of the titles that interest me, I'll get on PC.

That was me. =)

Mass Effect pretty much made 2007 for me. The franchise that made me buy an Xbox. The game that catapulted Bioware from great to one-of-the-best to me.

Google 'Phantom Dust remake.' Somehow many major media outlet is running the news of PD as as remake, not a new game. And from what I checked, MS never refuted these news reports.

I think the bolded is the important part -- I think there's going to be quite a few surprises in store for 2015 that we don't even know about yet.

Don't want to sound like a debbie-downer, but while it's true that it's practically confirmed that there's more to 2015 than what's announced so far, I don't think there'll be any 'surprises' to speak.

Mind you, I say 'surprises', as in unexpected/unknowns. I highly doubt MS will suddenly announce a new AAA IP at E3 next year to be released within 3 months, next to Halo 5. I legitimately feel that Tomb Raider was MS's biggest 'surprise', as in a real surprise.

With that being said, the 'expecteds', that I feel will be announced at E3 next year for 2015 :

- Forza 6 (no brainer)
- Marcus Fenix Collection ( I think it's a safe bet)
- Battletoads/old RARE IP that's outsourced to a 3rd-party dev like KI (old IP, nothing too expensive or fancy in story, don't need 12 months marketing hype)
- Small-scale new IP (indie-ish game)

Top Bottom