• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Season OT - Week One - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have an elimination or picks league for NFL-GAF yet? If not, I can create one real quick.

Via Trejo:

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021
Password: (Quote to see)

Without:
Group ID: 6019

Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

Rle87f3.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Great work on the op.

GO PIRATES!

e -
The op should have the games in text so we can c/p our picks! Otherwise, fantastic.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
If the Jaguars make it to a playoff game it's the equivalent of the super bowl and I would consider it a win regardless of wether they win or lose.

Bortles, the next Roghlesberger.....

Jerm411

This is the first season in quite some time where I actually feel like the Chiefs could make a serious run in the AFC....the parts are there....

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Entrance+on+Raw.gif

Please let Andrew Luck survive this year without a major injury.

GO COLTS!

Where is the link to the Community Thread? All I see is some Preseason / Training Camp thread!

Fantomex

Following suit with the CFB threads, week one starting off the season is fine in OT, but future threads should be in Community moving forward until we hit the Super Bowl thread.

Awesome, this will get us to load up on people to join the Community thread with this OT exposure :)

TraBuch

Banned
Time for the 49ers to go winless and for York to finally fire that fraud Baalke. Fuck Baalke. And fuck York. Awful owner. Hope you go crying back to Harbaugh and beg for his forgiveness for choosing Baalke over him and beg for him to come back and he laughs at you and punches you in your stupid fucking bald spot.

gutshot

NFL GamePass paid for and ready on my phone, tablet and work PC. I still haven't figured out how to make it work flawlessly on my PS4 so I don't bother.

I enjoy watching the games "as live" (that way I avoid all stoppages due to ads, timeouts and halftime), and since I'm in Europe that means that I watch them Friday morning, Sunday around 11pm (after the 1pm ET game), then two on Monday morning (one 4:25 game and SNF) and then MNF on Tuesday morning.
I got my schedule all worked out, I get to choose the best/most interesting game in their time slots, and I already worked out the way to avoid spoilers of any kind (includes avoiding forums).

One team that I always watch is Eagles. I've been a fan for over 30 years now, ever since I visited eastern PA as a kid. I am hyped to watch them this year as well, not expecting much, but hoping that Wentz turns out a good player and stays healthy.

EDIT: Oh, and I am supporting Wentz 100%, no grudge held for beating my alma mater Jacksonville State in the FCS finals last year.

Eagles-GAF extending its reach to Europe. I like it.

Welcome friend!

Kacho

RG3 failed in Washington because they wanted him to fail. He's gonna realize his full potential this season. Trust me.

Hindl

You forgot our QB, but yeah.

I'd remove Connor from that list though. Depends on how he plays in the 4-3

I believe in Wentz but gotta see him play a season first. And I agree about Connor, he's most likely shipped out next year. But for this year he's a core part of the rotation. Which actually reminds me I forgot Brandon Graham. Hopefully the Bradford trade allows Howie to resign Bennie Logan this year too

Sam Bradford will make the Pro Bowl.
Kirk Cousins will lead the NFC in TD passes.
Jared Goff will be inserted as the starter by week 8 and lead the Rams to the playoffs
Carson Wentz will be arrested for beastiality
Tom Brady will throw 50 TDs in 12 games and the Pats will go 12-0 with him as the starter
JJ Watt will act like an attention whore

This season is super exciting to me. So many questions, lots of teams relying on young QBs and its gonna be mad entertaining watching it all play out.

Giants:
No idea what to expect. They were a disaster last season and while they have good receivers, Eli needs to be on point and he's been struggling a bit.Plus they got a new coach, I dunno...they won't be Eagles bad but I expect them to finish below the Redskins and Cowboys.
Based on preseason? No game planning, no scheming, questionable offensive line..the same line that had Eli as the fourth least sacked QB in the league last season by the way. Oh and Eli is coming off maybe his second best statistical season of his career (only 2011 was better). There are legitimate reasons to be concerned about the offensive line depth with the Giants and the right side of the starters isn't great either but the defense lost the Giants far too many games in 2015. Offense was top 10. That's not struggling.

Pepiope

I believe in Wentz but gotta see him play a season first. And I agree about Connor, he's most likely shipped out next year. But for this year he's a core part of the rotation. Which actually reminds me I forgot Brandon Graham. Hopefully the Bradford trade allows Howie to resign Bennie Logan this year too
Graham has potential to be a core piece, but I wouldn't really consider him to be a leader on the team, not yet.

It's amazing a guy like Hicks is already a core here. When he went down last season it was like our defense just gave up.

Doomsayer

It smells like fresh pigskin, hot wings, and beer. I can also smell Hope.

I can't wait until week 5 when all I will smell is sadness, despair, and hatred.

Pepiope

How is Vinny 2 sack Curry on this list? Just cause the GM way over paid him does not make him a big time player.
Vinny was meant for the 43. He got paid based off of his potential in the system not based off of any part accomplishments. The guy is a beast and definitely belongs here.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That quote about the Vikings having a better record than the NFC East was before the Bridgewater injury!

Hopefully the Packers win against the Jags!

I know it's the first game of the season but it has "trap" written all over it.

Graham has potential to be a core piece, but I wouldn't really consider him to be a leader on the team, not yet.

It's amazing a guy like Hicks is already a core here. When he went down last season it was like our defense just gave up.

Yeah Hicks definitely has the potential to be great. That was a great pick by the GM.

MechDX

That quote about the Vikings having a better record than the NFC East was before the Bridgewater injury!

Hopefully the Packers win against the Jags!

I know it's the first game of the season but it has "trap" written all over it.

If the Jags win Gata will be unbearable with his strutting around

The Jets, powered by FITZMAGIC, will finally take the AFC East from the criminal Brady.
Then, Hackenberg will rise in the seasons to follow, unleashing a run of sustained excellence heretofore unseen in the NFL.

...but first, maybe they win this first game on Sunday.

this_guy

The op needs more JJ Watt to attract new people to NFL GAF.

All you need to know is Jared Goff does not know in which direction the sun rises and sets.

That's because it does neither. The Earth is the one revolving around the sun. Who's ignant now???

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CAR @ DEN

TB @ ATL
MIN @ TEN
CLE @ PHI
CIN @ NYJ
OAK @ NO
SD @ KC
BUF @ BAL
CHI @ HOU
GB @ JAX