• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Grammy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

azyless

Those nominations are a bit weird.
I didn't even know Mike Posner was still making music lol, never heard this song before either.

The Grammy's are dumb. Views is terrible.

Weezer and Blink getting the rock nom with Green Day getting snubbed is interesting, the Grammy's have loved Green Day in the past.

This happens every year. The cut off for the Grammy's is September 30th. Green Day released in October.

Never listened to Views since I'm not really into Drake but I kinda personally feel that Coloring Book was kinda weak but maybe it's just the stylistic change that's so off putting to me since I love Acid Rap. I'll probably give it another spin and try to listen to it with less prejudice but I'm just really not feeling the gospel style thing.

You should, it's a really cool album, I hope you like it more the next time!

Recreat3

Gojira is still around?
Havent thought about that band in like 10 years. Good for them. The album with the whale cover was pretty good

Gojira have released 3 albums since then. And they are still great. Their latest offering is really good. Periphery even got a mention, doubt they will win.

Barzul

Sorry but how is Views album of the year material? It's not even Drake's best stuff and I'm kind of a stan.

marrec

Banned
Just watch Sturgill get AOTY and the entire internet melt down.

Outta those 5 it's deffo my AOTY (no shade to Lemonade).

Say what you want about his big mouth, but Sturgill's been making amazing music for the last few years and this is his best album yet.

ViciousDS

Banned
hoping for heathens to take best song or performance.....its absolutely a great song. Hoping for Bowie to take something.....he has to lol

But damn......this year was absolute shit for music

Also Grammy's are Pay 2 win anyways lol

hughesta

Banned
Views is awful and shouldn't be nominated for anything

Radiohead and Bowie not getting AOTY noms is pathetic
TLOP too

HOLY SHIT, they snubbed Bowie for AOTY? PND and Desiigner both have Grammy noms? Famous got a Rap/Sung nomination?

Christ almighty, this is going to be a fucking mess.

Luke_Wal

What's the difference between song of the year and record of the year? Record, to me, sounds like it should be an album of the year type thing, but then single tracks are listed.

Catvoca

Banned
I know the grammys are always terrible but god damn this year is awful. Views nominated for album of the year over people like Bowie is fucking insane.

73V3N

Banned
For anyone that cares, they just updated the nominees for their categories of the next ceremony.

Album of the Year:
Adele – 25
Beyonce – Lemonade
Justin Bieber – Purpose
Drake – Views
Sturgill Simpson – A Sailor’s Guide to Earth

Those are the best albums of the year??

wooow, this industry really sucks

What exactly is Urban Contemporary?

Also is Anderson new? I looked him up and it seems like he had three other albums before this one and I found out he had an album with Knxwledge this year.

No Solange isn't surprising. Probably too black for the Grammy's.

Floridian

Where is Closer by Chainsmokers?!?

In the best pop duo section

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance:
“Closer” — The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
“7 Years” — Lukas Graham
“Work” — Rihanna Featuring Drake
“Cheap Thrills” — Sia Featuring Sean Paul
“Stressed Out” — Twenty One Pilots

Zee-Row

Banned
Everytime I see these Grammy lists , I'm always reminded of how old I am and can't relate to none of this music.

Alpende

As much as I like De La Soul, I don't think ...And The Anonymous Nobody warrants a nomination. Danny Brown's or ATCQ's deserve it more (maybe these aren't eligible due to their recent releases?).
Other than that, I hope Iggy Pop wins one as well as Anderson .Paak, that guy has been on fire this year.

Music was great this year, The Grammy's are just doing what they always do and rewarding the successful over the good.

Imagine a world where the Oscars reflect the film industry in the same way the grammy's represent music.

The best picture nominees are:

Captain America: Civil War
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Secret Life of Pets
Finding Dory
Suicide Squad

blech

spelen

Justin Bieber – Purpose

best Justin Bieber album but.....album of the YEAR? LOOOOOOOOOL

Drake – Views....fact that this album is catagorized under raps is questionable in of itself BUT ALBUM OF THE YEAR LOOOOOOOOOOL

adele-25 disappointing selection but expected since the Grammy ppl love her.

Beyonce – Lemonade her best album deserves to be on the list I'd say...has the commercial, critical, and name to win this years award.

Sturgill Simpson – A Sailor’s Guide to Earth....never heard of this album anyone care to comment lol

Meier

Really shocked at the lack of Margo Price nominations. That seems like a major oversight. Anderson Paak not nominated nearly enough -- disappointing. Probably mentioned but Frank Ocean was not eligible. He opted not to submit Blonde or Endless for consideration apparently (so stupid you have to manually do this -- just fucking nominate music if it's good you assholes).

Only 1 for Solange seems criminal. No Angel Olsen either which was a bit surprising to me. Lots of others I'd have liked to see but some that I felt were locks even by the Grammys standards were simply overlooked.

Catvoca

Banned
Just noticed Kanye's Famous is nominated for 2 Grammys. You know, the song where he raps that 2016 album of the year grammy winner Taylor swift and him might have still sex because he "made that bitch famous". I was not expecting the Grammy's to honour that lol

Music was great this year, The Grammy's are just doing what they always do and rewarding the successful over the good.

Imagine a world where the Oscars reflect the film industry in the same way the grammy's represent music.

The best picture nominees are:

Captain America: Civil War
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Secret Life of Pets
Finding Dory
Suicide Squad

blech

hahaha Batman V Superman still wouldn't be on that list

Galang

Banned
A mess if Beyonce doesn't win pretty much every category she's nominated in. Her self-titled album was absolutely absolutely robbed the year it was up. Also if Views wins any awards... agh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom