• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Microsoft E3 Conference [Over]

What shirt should Phil Spencer wear today?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCH!

I applaud them for trying, I mean, they showed quite some games.

90% of them were duds, though.

Sold on Anthem but that's not even an exclusive.

5/10

I turned it on, he said you could pre-order a game right now, then I turned it off. I never knew you could pre-order something before it came out.

There were some cool games for sure but man I'm not buying an Xbox one x at that price any time soon , how many first party announcements were there? 3? 4?

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with this conference. A lot of the games were lack luster or have already been released on pc. That kid's platformer game with the fox was interesting because it made me think they're trying to appeal to younger crowds and/or platformer crowds after Yooka Laylee.

I was surprised by the announcement of the original xbox backwards compatibility. Nostalgia wise, I want to go back and play my old xbox games. But at the same time, I didn't buy an xbox one console for the sole purpose of playing old games. The option to play them is awesome and I spend more time doing that, but I want to play new games that are actually interesting.

HardRojo

5.5/10 for me. Cuphead, Super Something's Tale and Ori looked really interesting, I'm not interested in Destiny but Anthem looks really good and it plays in third person, which I appreciate, so I might give it a chance. Shadow of War, AC Origins, Crackdown and Forza do nothing for me. Metro looked interesting but that trailer was suspect, I wonder if it'll really play like that by release.

FUCKING DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ Y'ALL! WE EVO NOW!

Edit: Xbox One X is a hard sell at 499, this conference didn't really make a good case for why you should get it.

Did I miss it, or have they really not shown any AAA SP exclusives? Really disappointing, seems there is no reason for me to buy this console for 500 bucks.

LayLa

Decent enough show, not much I was personally interested in but I felt they did a good job for the core Xbox crowd. 7/10

Gurish

Other than Anthem that was a very weak conference, LOT'S of indies, like seriously you have the most powerful hardware and you are showing us X360 level visual games?

Most weren't interesting, not even ONE new AAA first party exclusive, new AC is looking like ass, 500$... very weak 5/10 in my book.

Sony and Nintendo should easily surpass it, Nintendo will have a better show just by showing enough of Mario.

KJRS_1993

Wasn't quite as blown away by Anthem as I was hoping, even though visually it looks great.
It just looked like you could sprint / fly past most obstacles in the game.

Some of those abilities looked really cool I suppose? I'll have to see more.

watershed

Banned
Microsoft did a good job. The beginning was rocky with so many numbers and so much talking but once the games got rolling and the car reveal went away the conference clicked.

xviper

just as i expected, worst microsoft E3 since 2013, absolutely nothing new good, except for Ori 2( just like i said before )

what's the point in having a strong console when the games look terrible ?? reminds me of the PC players when they brag about 4K while they play games like Dayz and indie games

xbox is dead to me

Kraq

I thought that was a decent conference. I don't have an Xbox but the two games that I wish I could play one day are Sea of Thieves and Cuphead. Both of those look great.

Didn't catch whether or not Metro: Exodus was exclusive, but that looked solid as well.

13ruce

Banned
5 out of ten this was supposed to sell me on scorpio and show new games when i heard the 42 new exclusive games only like 3 interested me...

No new big exclusive IP's? And forza again + a car on stage.....

Please Sony, Ubisoft, Bethesda and Nintendo safe us....

Anthem tho is what Destiny 1 should have been amazing.

Will keep my Xbox one s and use my pc for new games, it's way more powerful and after buying a PS4 pro and Switch I'd set max price 399. Some of the games looked great but damn 1st party really seemed thin.

Animu Souls and Ori looked good. Not sure about Anthem, MMO stuff doesn't generally excite me too much, but it does look nice at least.

Overall...prolly a 4/10, the Porsche reveal and the screaming dude elevated the funny factor by a lot. Definitely didn't convince me to get an Xbox One let alone an Xbox One X though.

KDC720

Decent conference, good variety of games, the X looks good, and OG Xbox BC is cool.

No megatons or big exclusives though, and that 499 is a huge turn off for a lot of people.

lucius

2 hours for not much, this just moves my Switch purchase up sooner rather than later, I mean I like that my sweet custom One controller will work with One X but that show wow for $500 console?

d00d3n

That was really impressive. The best presentation I have ever seen from Microsoft. Ori sequel, Metro sequel, State of Decay sequel and Anthem looked great to name a few of the games shown. I will buy a lot of those games for my Windows 10 PC.

They didn't really sell me on the Xbox One X, but the presentation was excellent. 9/10 or maybe even 10/10.

Solid conference. Sure not everything interested me but plenty of games did and they actually showed a good amount of them which is what I want from an E3 conference. $499 is whatever, not great but given what they're putting in that box, I guess it makes sense. I didn't watch this to sell me on an X, i watched it for games and I got them. Very solid conference, MS.

Top Bottom