• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Microsoft E3 Conference [Over]

What shirt should Phil Spencer wear today?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mekes

Not much grabbed me, always like the look of Forza games, Cuphead still looks promising. Bit underwhelmed with the conference sadly.

Hagi

2/10 not one single game that would make me buy an Xbox. Such a shame.

Anthem looks amazing but I'll cop that on PS4 or PC.

Rellik

nZpBZ5.gif

😂
This gif is better than that whole conference.

GeoramA

Yeah that was pretty bad. Way too many timed-exclusive indie games shown, absolutely zero surprises, and another $499 price announcement out of Phil's mouth.

The multiplats were the only good things.

Matt

I thought that was a decent conference. I don't have an Xbox but the two games that I wish I could play one day are Sea of Thieves and Cuphead. Both of those look great.

Didn't catch whether or not Metro: Exodus was exclusive, but that looked solid as well.
It's not.

eXistor

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I am really, really down on Anthem. It feels like every game's just going to be Destiny in a few years. Please, someone somewhere leave some meaty single-player games for the rest of us?

Yup, I agree. We're very much at the point where the AAA industry is becoming standardized to the point where I can't even recognize games anymore. I paused Anthem to look at it and if I didn't know it was Anthem it could have been just about any AAA game out there. It looks good for sure, but it also looks homogenized like everything else. Everything is becoming online co-op or competitive games that are relevant for a short while after fading into obscurity except for the biggest of names. Single player games are still out there, but we're seeing less and less of them in the AAA space and it's a crying shame.

paulogy

So I can't figure out what 42 games they mean and what 22 exclusives there are. Of course I totally lost track during that ID@Xbox sizzle reel, and am not sure if they count Crimson Skies and the other games in the Xbox One X Enhanced section, but here's what I have. Maybe everyone else can help fill in the details:

Xbox E3 2017
42 Games, 22 Exclusives

01. Forza 7 (ex)
02. Metro: Exodus
03. Assassins Creed Origins
04. PlayerUnkown's Battelgrounds (launch ex)
05. Deep Rock Galactic (ex)
06. State of Decay 2 (ex)
07. The Darwin Project (launch ex)
08. Minecraft
09. Dragonball Fighter Z
10. Black Desert (launch ex)

11. The Last Night (launch ex)
12. The Artful Escape (launch ex)
13. CodeVein
14. Sea of Thieves (ex)
15. Tacoma (launch ex)
16. Super Lucky's Tale (ex)
17. Cuphead (ex)
18. Crackdown 3 (ex)

ID @ Xbox games

Ashen (launch ex)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (ex)

Xbox 1 BC:
Crimson Skies

Xbox One X Enhanced:
Final Fantasy XV
Resident Evil 7
Tom Clancy Wildlands
Rocket League

Anthem

wapplew

DbZ is highlight, 7.8 conference.

Pro
Good pacing, a lot of games, BC

Con
Some demo feel too long, some trailer fall flat. No new first party announcement other than expected Forza and Ori.

Loved the amount of games they showed, but Ms completely shitted the bed with the 499 price tag, and not having a single AAA game announced other than forza 7.

Pretty terrible trailers for most of their games, SoT (which I played and found awesome) looked incredibly boring as did State of Decay and Crackdown.

Realyn

People are listing Sea of Thieves and Crackdown as excluves ...

Crackdown was shown at: Gamescom 2015, E3 2016.

Sea of Thieves was shown at:E3 2015, E3 2016

Fuck almighty this is so bad.

Skux

If you aren't a PS4 or PC owner, I suppose the Xbox One X might look appealing if you're wanting the best version of multiplatform games.

But for PS4 and PC owners, there's just not enough that makes me want the X for $499. The PS4 exclusives are so much more appealing right now, and the third party experience is still good enough that you won't want to upgrade.

noonche

That wasn't very good. There were a few neat things but nothing really grabbed me. Seems like Xbox well have one of their worst lineups in a while.

Barzul

7.5/10 lots of games, they just weren't exclusive to Xbox. I'll be playing on PC for the most part, glad Play Anywhere exists.

AHA-Lambda

glad to see Angry Joe jump in and kill off the fervent overexcitment on that YT stream

"hell yeah that's worth $500!"
"really? come on guys, it really isn't"

Oh man. That price. Don't think I'll be picking it up day one without something like Halo 6 that I really want to play. I guess we'll need to see what actually launches with the system.

Jimm

Almost all 3rd party games looked very good.

But 1st party offerings felt quite weak. Only really interested in Ori and Cuphead, hopefully my laptop can run them.

I feel the same, the platformer with the Fox was the best game shown for me and I can run that on my PC, every other game I can play on PS4. I honestly expected more from the first party.

U2NUMB

I actually like it .. plenty of games I will play and stuff like Original Xbox working on x1 is a damn amazing thing and they should be commended for making that happen.

Player underground was a huge get as a launch as well. Gonna wait and play it on x1 now.

Only real letdown for me was Crackdown.. I am so very worried about that game.

People in years past would have loved a conf like this where its pretty much just game after game after game.

akileese

It's like the JP developers abandoned Xbox and just left it to bleed in this E3 conference

Xbox has zero identity outside of North American and Europe though. That's been a problem for MS from the very beginning. All that content goes to Nintendo and Sony unless they want to pay for it, like with Blue Dragon. I really wish they would too but ah well.

Madchad

Dont want to sound harsh but i was praying they did not snatch another Tales Game. Thank god.

METRO, ORI & ASHEN were the stand outs for me

And again to much pointless talking just show the games.

Hupsel

Anthem looked great. Nice presentation keeping game trailers coming.

But...

Zero exclusives. Zero games that really want me to buy the system. No reason at all to buy a Xbox over a ps4 if your friends aren't on Microsoft's platform.

Oh is Anthem not an exclusive? Two of the best looking games shown are from third party developers and they will be available on other platforms. This wasnt a good sales pitch for why I should buy the XB1X.

Top Bottom