• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 - Rough year for Nintendo?

woigemok

Banned
umm, even before the direct I would say this thread is kind of silly...
This topic was created by the same person who said switch hardware only did "OK" on the best January since 2011 NPD data.

Switch has the best January in this generation
OP: :messenger_unamused: Ok. ....., still, they're going to have a rough year ahead :messenger_angry_horns:
Everyone: :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

choodi

Banned
Yeah, that OP is just embarrassing. I can't believe it's 2019 and we still have stupid people who think console wars are cool.

This is a real salty fanboy post. Besides great hardware and more power Ps4 has first party games that no other systems have, ever heard of Spiderman, GOW, MLB The Show, etc? Trust me every Sony hardware will have top notch exclusives so idk what stand still your alluding to. Beyond that, online features such as share play that Nintendo doesn't have and just way more features in general in terms of online gaming not that VS Nintendo calls online. and ohhhhhh u forgot the most innovative thing of all that makes its just not about being samey and not innovating.....

You have the first "true" VR solution on consoles (not tht bs virtual boy that everyone agrees wasn't VR lol) that is more innovative than anything this gen and is truly a new way to play. With games like Astrobot tht are many ppls Goty. And even more exclusives to go on about.

Like please lets stop the bs narrative that Nintendo is the only one that innovates when switch itself isn't a new concept and was done decades ago with the nomad and turbo express you could hook up to tvs. I own a switch and game on it hence why I'm in this thread but my God that was a fanboy rant you did lol.

A salty fanboy post, you say? It's the truth.

You want a real salty fanboy post? Get on OP.

Last edited:

blackjon24

The only thing for me this year will be astral chain and the pokemon game. Ended my subscription for nintendo online. Maybe the system isn't for me. But if the majority of people are happy we the switch why should my opinion matter? You can't please everyone!

Last edited:
Bunch of bad news for Nintendo already and this is only January:

- Will not meet 20m sales target, stocks likely to drop

- Metroid Prime 4 started from scratch and only started development recently, when it’s supposed to come out this year

- No news whatsoever for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Supposed to be out last year

- No Direct this month which was long overdue. Even in January last year there was a Direct and hype early and we all know last year lineup was poor. This year doesn’t look any better and absolutely barebone first half again

- MK11 Switch version delayed in Europe. Song of Memories, WWE 2k19 etc. Switch versions cancelled. Third party relationship continued to be awful

- Nintendo’s head of partner management joins Microsoft. Keep losing people left and right

- Nintendo president hints company may stop making games console in the future in a recent interview

Can this year get even worse for Nintendo fans?? We still have 11 months to find out!

Pokèmon gen 8 + only portable mini Switch, and God only knows how fucking much they will sell

Top Bottom