• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

keraj37

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

my Reshade file, and i use Supreme Setting.
original resolution [2560x1440/2880x1620].

49766207493_e13050f388_k.jpg

49765267728_4a3f759a7f_k.jpg

Best looking Witcher 3 screenshots I have ever seen.

Markie

Jedi: Fallen Order, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Days Gone are probably the best usages of UE4 so far, in my opinion. Finally we've come to a point where an UE powered game doesn't scream "UE" in its visuals. I honestly didn't think any of these 3 games were using UE4. I could have sworn that Fallen Order was using the Frostbite Engine (it 100% looks like that), FF7 Remake was using some in-house engine (maybe just the Luminous Engine improved) and Days Gone was using some of SIE's in-house engines (Guerrilla Games or Naughty Dog's engine for example, because the game has similar visuals to HZD and Uncharted in certain ways) but all of them use UE4. Impressive.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I actually reworked my reshade from scratch I added a different CA shader at reduced strenght, also because I added 2 bloom shader 1 to blur and 1 to give that sun fade effect, to achive that I compared a similar session on PC2 to a 4k YouTube Video on Nurburgring, the result is quite decent, I'll post an example tomorrow

Project Cars 2 (Replay) + Custom Reshade + Path Tracing GI

Looks realistic, but I'd like suggestions I'm turning 36 and my eyes are not like before

aUMqEsu.png

Once I'm done with J:FO I'm thinking of farting around some more with PCars2. Your pics look similar to what I see in my game, minus resolution, and I never use CA if I can avoid it.

It looks really good though. Nice work as usual.

Jedi: Fallen Order

6pPGqcH.jpg

hJDDUNy.jpg

xPikYx

Once I'm done with J:FO I'm thinking of farting around some more with PCars2. Your pics look similar to what I see in my game, minus resolution, and I never use CA if I can avoid it.

It looks really good though. Nice work as usual.

Jedi: Fallen Order

6pPGqcH.jpg

hJDDUNy.jpg
Thank you, honestly in my opinion while this looks realistic in a way my eyes see real life (I was watching a car parked out of my window under the sun, so I replicated the same condition in PC2) I'm not very happy in the way of giving the impression of watching in on TV or on video, how real life would look like, but what is difficult is to find a good video example and to replicate that sort of blurred layer that reality has, I tried to replicate that effect using Chromatic Aberration in addition to a blurry bloom but it still lacks of that feeling. And I don't know how to do it

Thank you, honestly in my opinion while this looks realistic in a way my eyes see real life (I was watching a car parked out of my window under the sun, so I replicated the same condition in PC2) I'm not very happy in the way of giving the impression of watching in on TV or on video, how real life would look like, but what is difficult is to find a good video example and to replicate that sort of blurred layer that reality has, I tried to replicate that effect using Chromatic Aberration in addition to a blurry bloom but it still lacks of that feeling. And I don't know how to do it

The biggest issue with CA is it doesn't blur evenly and leaves an unpleasant colored halo around hard edges that's just hard to look at. It's like the visual version of nails on a chalkboard :messenger_grinning_smiling:

At a point you have to stand back and accept that the lighting engine in many games can only accomplish so much, and PCars2's engine has a few sore spots. We've reached a point with current lighting methods where things can't look 100% all of the time no matter how hard we try. Once ray tracing becomes more efficient to implement and games are using it there will be a lot more to tweak to make things look better more often. I think the effort you put into your games definitely shows.

The only thing I can think of that I found made a good difference is using ambient light to simulate bounce lighting. It spreads the colors out and raises exposure, and when used in moderation looks remarkably like light reflected off a surface onto another. It also has the effect of reducing near-neighbor contrast which eliminates the some of the harsh edges that makes things look a bit too sharp without adding any actual blur to edges.

xPikYx

Thank you for your advices, obviously there are many limitations in recently games but I try my best, regarding CA I have 2 or 3 different shaders about it and all of tgem can be worked in a way that can go up to zero tolerance, regarding light I also have the Raytracing GI shader and I can't use it in combination with it would be too demanding. With the Raytracing shader you can work on ray lights, Ambient occlusion, and sky power. I have also a bunch of really interesting shader that I use in combo to modify each single aspect of colors, blacks, whites, shadows, midtones, highlights.
I reworked the reshade a little bit more, rebalanced the Saturation and contrast of certain colors and shadows, I'll post a screen tomorrow

keraj37

Gxd9mxq.jpg

tDKKIS9.jpg

I really like this game. Not sure how to disable the health bar/HUD for pictures unless I talk to someone. The game can look bonkers at times, and at others something will jank out, but overall it looks really nice in motion.

I am afraid abandoning frostbite for UE4 is obviously bad decision in terms of visuals - this game looks okay, but just okay - when DICE has convinced us that star wars games should look incredible.

Top Bottom