• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2023 would be a great year for an Arkham Knight ps5/series x remaster

Umbasaborne

Banned
Seeing as wb just lost a game to 2024, and given the state of the discourse surrounding rocksteady, it would be a great time to do a quick remaster of arkham knight for the ps5 and series x. Im playing it on my pc right now and the game still looks incredible maxxed out on my rig. It may not be the strongest entry in the arkham series, but its still a great game. Re-releasing this game could help to make up some lost profits from the nearly
Year long suicide squad delay, it could also help to get people to remember why they liked rocksteady in the first place, and maybe get them a little more optimistic about suicide squad.

Tsaki

They'd need to make a competent remaster for people to take notice and justify a non-deal price for the game. They don't have the time for it between now and next February. They could do a "simple" framerate uncap and increase the resolution to generate some temporary revenue increase from the positive news but it wouldn't be much. Though this would carry on into the future. A PS5/PS6 player could buy the game if it was 4K@60fps, but not bother with it at 1080p (or less) at 30fps.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Arkham Knight remaster comes after Suicide Squad flops hard. It will be their redemption attempt.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Yeah, the game was pretty outdated on console, I prefer to play on PC

They really need to at least up the resolution to 4K and fps to 60 for the console version

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I would play through it again in a heartbeat. I have played through it 3-4 times and the last time even this year. It is one of my favorite games.

Kuranghi

I would be happy with the exact same game but with the code cleaned up on PC (according to modder/devs its not that hard to fix) a good temporal AA solution and/or reconstruction method to clean up the alpha/specular aliasing that plagues it, the current AA is a no go because it removes so much detail and blurs the image. You can inject SMAA using external tools but it also sucks the big balls.

Only if they remove the batmovile somehow. Otherwise I wouldn't play it again.

"I vant to side-svipe your humveee!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Also the batmobile is ace beans and I love it.

T4keD0wN

Sad that the closest we will probably get to arkham trilogy remasters for a while is someone doing an rtx remix of the first 2 games.
I hope this comment ages poorly as Jason Todd.

Fbh

They probably don't want people to see how a simple upres + 60fps patch of Arkham Knight compares to the game they've been making for 9 FUCKING YEARS.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Wasn't there a RTX Arkham Knight version mentioned on the Nvidia leak?
Man, I hope they end up releasing it.
Yes there was. I'd kill for a properly optimized, path-traced Arkham Knight.

There also were BioShock, Half-Life 2 and Mirror's Edge RTX remasters (path-tracing through RTX Remix) listed. I wonder when will Nvidia start talking about those.

A.Romero

I would be happy with the exact same game but with the code cleaned up on PC (according to modder/devs its not that hard to fix) a good temporal AA solution and/or reconstruction method to clean up the alpha/specular aliasing that plagues it, the current AA is a no go because it removes so much detail and blurs the image. You can inject SMAA using external tools but it also sucks the big balls.

"I vant to side-svipe your humveee!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Also the batmobile is ace beans and I love it.

I really liked that game but the only thing that kept me from 100% it was all the driving stuff.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really liked that game but the only thing that kept me from 100% it was all the driving stuff.
I replayed the game a few months ago and mostly really liked the Batmobile stuff. It was a change of pace from the usual open world stuff and actually really well done. I know it was slammed at launch but it’s aged gracefully.

A.Romero

I replayed the game a few months ago and mostly really liked the Batmobile stuff. It was a change of pace from the usual open world stuff and actually really well done. I know it was slammed at launch but it’s aged gracefully.

You are going to make me try it again...

TLZ

Banned
4k60 and this game would blow away most games made these days.

I remember liking it at launch while many complained about it. I honestly didn't know why. I found it a lot of fun!

Umbasaborne

Banned

I remember liking it at launch while many complained about it. I honestly didn't know why. I found it a lot of fun!
Im playing at 4k 100 fps on pc, with the cool nividia features, and it blows away gotham knights, like its not even a competition

Reactions: TLZ

Mahavastu

This. And use a decent anti aliasing / upscaling so not everything in the distance is flickering.
Does not sound like too much work, mostly adapt some settings and let the faster hardware do the rest.

I heard a lot of good things about the game but never got me playing it because it looks so horrible on my PS5. Normally I do not really care, but AK was simply too ugly for me, mostly because of the flickering...

• Thoughtful
Let's remaster God of War Ragnorak while we're at it.
I demand a remaster of Starfield!

All PS4XBone games need is a next gen patch, especially ProX enhanced games easily match most current games anyway. If you call that remaster, sure.

• LOL
Reactions: WoJ

winjer

Gold Member
A remaster of Arkham games being released in 2023, would only reinforce how mediocre Suicide Squad would be 2024.

TLZ

Banned
Im playing at 4k 100 fps on pc, with the cool nividia features, and it blows away gotham knights, like its not even a competition

This. And use a decent anti aliasing / upscaling so not everything in the distance is flickering.
Does not sound like too much work, mostly adapt some settings and let the faster hardware do the rest.

I heard a lot of good things about the game but never got me playing it because it looks so horrible on my PS5. Normally I do not really care, but AK was simply too ugly for me, mostly because of the flickering...

:messenger_blowing_kiss::messenger_ok:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How about.... less remasters and more NEW games?
We already have a new game that is a delayed steaming pile of shit.
Hence why the OP suggested a Remaster to make a quick buck.
Not like it's a Remake.
Just a simple port to NextGen Consoles.
super-easy-super-easy-barely-an-inconvenience.gif

Mahavastu

Thats what I am talking about, so much better then the current version on Playstation.
There seem to be still minor flickering in the distance (can be youtube compression), but I guess it is acceptable. If they would bring it to the PS5 in this quality and 60fps, I would play it

Last edited:
Top Bottom