• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2064: Read Only Memories PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita ports delayed indefinitely

mclem

Wow, did not expect that. Delayed indefinitely? What kind of problem did they run into, I wonder.

My hunch - and I stress it's just a hunch - is that they ran afoul of one of the certification requirements. There's a few which you really want to have in mind when you start out, so you don't end up designing a component in a way that's fundamentally incompatible with console requirements.

BTA

"Indefinitely" was just a bad choice of words. It sounds like the PS4 port is mostly done but the Vita one has some issues (which makes sense, since going by PAX East it's the PS4 version they're showing off at events). It's only "indefinite" in the sense that they don't want to announce a new release date until they're confident that they can hit it this time, though they're saying PS4 should be out by the end of the year.

I just discovered this game by googling "games similar to Snatcher" and got excited when Wikipedia said a PS4 port got released this month. Then let down when I saw the news that the port has been delayed.

I mean, inspired by Snatcher and queer friendly? Take all of my money.

Hope the devs can iron out the bugs soon. My PSN wallet will be waiting for them.

I just discovered this game by googling "games similar to Snatcher" and got excited when Wikipedia said a PS4 port got released this month. Then let down when I saw the news that the port has been delayed.

I mean, inspired by Snatcher and queer friendly? Take all of my money.

Hope the devs can iron out the bugs soon. My PSN wallet will be waiting for them.

It is p fantastic. I played it on Steam before it was even announced for PS platforms. You should also add VALLHALLA the cyberpunk bartendng game to your list.

You should also add VALLHALLA the cyberpunk bartendng game to your list.

I've looked at that one a couple times but it looks a little too "dating sim" style for my taste. Although this one review says it isn't romantic per se. I want something that's more of a point and click adventure.

Top Bottom